d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Wt Starring Boldheart The Fire Claw Titan Bear > And Seldom Told Tales.
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 36,504.00
Jan 24 2019 02:00pm
Was quite a while ago that I did a Fire Claw bear inspired by one of Haloneya's many threads. I managed to get to hell ancients and died. So close! Well, I'm dying to try it again. BoBoBear was my first try with Shapeshifter. I've done several others but don't claim to know all. I just like playing them. I'm a mele kind of guy ;)

So here is the aspiration image of BoldHeart:

Love that image.

But everyone starts this world a lowly cub. And BoldHeart is no exception. So, like most of us, he goes out into Bloodmoor and reigns mighty. Gets to 3rd level or so and buys a big old two handed axe from charsi and starts pounding monsters as a werewolf. He does the den and then he's around 9th level and realizes he can change to a bear. And boom! Some PKer puts a firewall under him and leaves him for dead in bloodmoor. But these dumb pk'ers didn't check to see if his ears were still intact. And BoldHeart was so small he could play possum better than a possum. Only thing is, he could barely move because his paws were so cooked. But one of Gheeds adopted sons was raking the forests of Bloodmoor to prevent forest fires and he found BoldHeart among some charred brush. BoldHeart was saved!

So, as you know, many good ideas are born of tragedy. While in the infirmary, Gheeds General Hospital located behind his tent, a chef recovering from his own kitchen fires saw BoldHeart's paws and had an brilliant inspiration! Why not make a pastry that looks like BoldHeart's claws?! This would really sell well in Gheed's Famous Cafeteria also located behind Gheed's tent in the Rogue Encampment:

So now you know the whole truth! A good chef is always thinking.

Here is the recipe for success:

P8 at all times but P1 Countess after Quest.
Hardcore Single Player.
Shapeshifter Only (no windy. He won't be wolf either cept early)
Titan which means all strength and enough dex to equipt a weapon (no Vita/Mana)
Ladder Runewords enabled.
No PlugY.
Hell Baal finishes the WT.
What else is there?

Gold: 64,895.00
Jan 24 2019 02:07pm
Jan 24 2019 03:16pm
Quote (Airwaves @ Jan 24 2019 01:07pm)

I'm going to go through your whole WT. I recently played on ladder and did one of those imbues with high level item and made this:

I will never waste an imbue at low level again ;) That was one of the bad ideas I suggested in your thread. What a dunderhead!

I know some folks like the early screen shots but it's taken me awhile to relearn the process of taking images:

I did the quest and got an eth. I use an old program called paintshop pro. For awhile, it was taking me out of the game in the middle of mele. Luckily, still alive. Then it started taking multiple shots...like 6 or 8. Now it's doing things proper.

So, I'm down in the Catacomb 2 when the SS start working right.

I've been pumping points in lycanthropy. And now I have a point in fireclaw. I'll eventually put some points in Heart of the Wolverine. I don't use the Oak Spirit in titan build. I like to multiply the strength bonus and get AR bonus. I'm using charms with any added damage like poison or what have you. I hope to find some lifers soon.

Gold: 64,895.00
Jan 24 2019 03:28pm
Quote (TammyFaye @ Jan 24 2019 03:16pm)

I will never waste an imbue at low level again ;) That was one of the bad ideas I suggested in your thread. What a dunderhead!

lol you gotta wait til llike lvl 85
Jan 24 2019 03:55pm

Quote (Airwaves @ Jan 24 2019 02:28pm)
lol you gotta wait til llike lvl 85

I usually kill Baal by 85 :( We should be able to import on item from our imbues to the next WT. Then we would have...continuity, no? And be able to use our successful imbues that are absolutely useless in SP. But we'd be twinked, wouldn't we?

So does level of item matter?

This map is great. Too bad it's not hell map. My WP in Black Marshes is also primo...which doesn't matter because I won't be doing many reruns in either spot.

Finally I may rejoice:

Love mf.

Putting points in fireclaw.
Jan 24 2019 04:06pm

I'll use it.

Using it too.

So I find our poisonous witch. I think of her as Miss Coulter. Both Coulters that come to mind are poisonous. So you fight poison with poison. I guess it's from a charm ;)

I started fighting her with this eth amp Large Axe but I forgot to put fireclaw on the attack. Typical mistake of mine. And everytime amp processed, I had to run to town to get healing. So it was not much use. She is nasty. I had to make 3 trips.
Jan 24 2019 04:21pm

So I fixed the problem of no fireclaw. She never had a chance.

That is what I used on Andy. I found it much earlier.

Can't remember what that is.

Jan 24 2019 04:27pm

Not bad. Better than the various rare Large Axes I gambled earlier. New merc will use it too.

I tossed this. I think swords are crocked on shapeshifter.

At first I used an offensive merc but I have huge ar bonus with fireclaw. So I'm goint to use a prayer merc.

Jan 24 2019 04:33pm

Decent ring.

My little stash will be holding that cleclaw glove for battles to come. Durial.

Another polearm! I've put a point in that stun skill. I love it.

Jan 24 2019 04:38pm

I'm going with it. I like the deadly strike. A bit slow.

Highest runes so far.

I like it. really helps with lycanthropy.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12334Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll