d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > 2019 Project > Iv No Idea What Im Doing But I Can Learn
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,510.51
Jan 8 2019 05:31am
hi everyone,
im n4th4n, and this year im going to try work on one of the ideas i had..

is now rather basic, use augmented reality to visualize obscure things..

• "the yellow brick road"
    this would show you a yellow brick road of where we are going thought space
    (i think this would be kind of easy, its just math right? and wouldn't need you to connect to anything, just time/date, gps, then it'd be able to render the image?)
  • "space calendar"
    a further concept of the yellow brick road, but with dates being out lined, you will be able to visualize the area in space where Earth will be during your birthday, or other events such as your place of birth in space, ect.
    (i think this would be a bit harder, but may serve some practical use)
  • "blob"
    id be happy with just being able to make a dot that others can see from around the world (using the same software ofc)
  • "seeing around the world"
    being able to visualize the different city names in your own country, and around the world; you would look at the ground and see what was on the other side of the world, ect

as you can see, all these ideas are the same really, but may be easier to do than another, i don't mind how basic the concept i make is, the blob idea would likely be the best, as its my original idea and can have usability in the real world, the others are just more like to try blow peoples minds, lol.

step 1. reach out to people who are smarter regarding the subject
so iv posted here, and im going to talk with my friends, one of who made an app using gps, and going to try and search some stuff on youtube :]

(my super insane idea is to render information from a blockchain, but i am 100% sure i wont even get close to this goal)

This post was edited by n4th4n on Jan 8 2019 05:32am
Gold: 2,935.00
Jan 8 2019 07:42am
When you say render information from a blockchain, are you talking about visualizing it as an actual "chain" in VR/AR or some 3d game space?

If you actually want to get something started, you need to decide on some concrete project (say one of those topics you mentioned) and research where to start with that.
For augmented reality you probably need to play around with https://unity.com/solutions/mobile-ar since that is the easiest way by far to play around with AR on mobile devices as far as I know.

This post was edited by Klexmoo on Jan 8 2019 07:43am
Gold: 10,510.51
Jan 8 2019 08:31am
Quote (Klexmoo @ Jan 8 2019 01:42pm)
When you say render information from a blockchain, are you talking about visualizing it as an actual "chain" in VR/AR or some 3d game space?

If you actually want to get something started, you need to decide on some concrete project (say one of those topics you mentioned) and research where to start with that.
For augmented reality you probably need to play around with https://unity.com/solutions/mobile-ar since that is the easiest way by far to play around with AR on mobile devices as far as I know.

i saw how with etherium in china the blockchain saves internet history such tweets, i was thinking that with the internet of things real life data could also be saved in blockchains, then i had the idea that ai could use blockchains as a great source of information for it to work on, such as the social credit score ai, so i thought, wow it could be cool as to be able to render relevant information from a blockchain to be able to see with your phone, its a crazy idea basically.

yup iv just found out about unitys mobile ar, iv also looked into the Celestial coordinate system, i think just going with my idea of making a blob that someone else would be able to see, or the world location idea..

im wondering, does any of this already take the curvature of the earth into account?
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll