d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Mexican Starves Own Daughter, Media Blames Ice > Wut.jpg
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 200.83
Dec 14 2018 09:48pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Dec 14 2018 08:44pm)
lets do 50/50
ps: maga

make france again great
mfag

This post was edited by majorblood on Dec 14 2018 09:48pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 14 2018 11:09pm
In what leftist fantasy world would the girl have survived though? She was helicoptered to a hospital.
Gold: 7,525.35
Dec 14 2018 11:26pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 15 2018 12:09am)
In what leftist fantasy world would the girl have survived though? She was helicoptered to a hospital.

We need to pay more taxes so we can build more roads and government-owned 7/11s through the Mexican desert
Gold: 0.00
Dec 14 2018 11:35pm
new rules

usa must feed illegal alien babys on mexico's soil
Gold: 945.00
Dec 15 2018 03:52am
Quote (Beowulf @ Dec 15 2018 02:44am)
before I click that how many of the vile right wing commenters are gonna bring up Mollie Tibbetts while pretending they give a shit about this little girl?

It's one of the more partisan articles you can find on the subject, not really about the kid, but about shaming the left, liberals and democrats for politicizing the death of this kid. Ironically becoming the pot blaming the Kettle.
With that being more important to the OP than anything else, I guess we agree:

She deserved it.

next topic.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Dec 15 2018 04:13am
Dec 15 2018 06:56am
Quote (Knoppie @ Dec 15 2018 05:52am)
It's one of the more partisan articles you can find on the subject, not really about the kid, but about shaming the left, liberals and democrats for politicizing the death of this kid. Ironically becoming the pot blaming the Kettle.
With that being more important to the OP than anything else, I guess we agree:

She deserved it.

next topic.

This is called a strawman fallacy.
Gold: 945.00
Dec 15 2018 07:04am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 15 2018 01:56pm)
This is called a strawman fallacy.

You might need to hide it more then :D

Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 14 2018 06:53pm)
Merry Fucking Christmas Libshitsdss 🎄 ✝️

Comon men, half of your posts are ridiculing liberals. If I'm wrong and that's not your intention, show it in the future.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Dec 15 2018 07:05am
Dec 15 2018 07:19am
Quote (Knoppie @ Dec 15 2018 09:04am)
You might need to hide it more then :D

Comon men, half of your posts are ridiculing liberals. If I'm wrong and that's not your intention, show it in the future.

That ones called gaslighting

Happy Advent 🗓 👶
Gold: 9.87
Dec 15 2018 09:19am
Quote (tommyd323 @ 14 Dec 2018 21:43)
Her parents are “the left” and they care so wrong.

Her parents are the reason she died. They barely gave her food and water during their trek.
Gold: 285.00
Dec 15 2018 10:19am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 15 2018 12:09am)

Hopefully not this hospital:

Dr. Eugene Gu. He is — was — a surgical resident at Vanderbilt University. His resume exemplifies academic perfection: valedictorian in high school, undergraduate degree from Stanford, medical degree from Duke, surgical residency at Vanderbilt. He also founded his own research company. Not once throughout the span of his academic or professional career would one have any reason question his capability or competency. But several weeks ago Vanderbilt fired him, citing “performance” issues.

Why?

Because Eugene is an outspoken advocate for social equity. And there seems to be no place for that in the authoritarian, monotonous, uninspiring world of medicine.

Medicine functions on tradition. It has been said that progress in health care moves “as fast as molasses,” and Eugene’s situation epitomizes why this is the case. A young surgeon who embraces advocacy, critiques a harmful president, and fights for his right to advance scientific knowledge should be celebrated, not silenced. (Eugene’s research involves using stem cells to grow organs in vitro to then transplant into newborns with organ failure. In Tennessee, where Vanderbilt is located, the use of stem cells is controversial so his research was halted. He contested that it has potential to save lives and that he has a right to continue.)

Physicians should be leaders in public discourse and public health. It is our duty to advocate for policies and support the people who improve our nation’s health; and to criticize policies and condemn the people who harm our nation’s health. That is the role Eugene accepted, and he was punished for it. He spoke up against racism and sexism and various other prejudices — constructs which have been shown repeatedly to harm the health of those who experience them. He publicly condemned Donald Trump. He fought for his right to conduct lifesaving research. However, the fear-based, hierarchical world of medicine did not praise or promote him for his efforts — they fired him. The message reverberated to all of us in health care who care about changing the status quo: Either get in line or get out.

I have faced backlash already simply for associating with Eugene. Imagine that: By acknowledging he is my friend and saying I support him, I am in dangerous territory. I have not done stem cell research, I have not filed a lawsuit against the president, I have not spoken out against my institution’s wishes. But the fear within health care is so pervasive that by supporting someone who has done these things, I receive warnings. One person wrote to me: “You should not be involved in controversial topics this extreme. Just a well-wisher’s advice.”

Here’s what is controversial: Physicians are silenced. They are incapable of expressing their views from within the system, even when those views pertain to public health advocacy. Physicians are expected to be assembly-line workers who keep their mouths closed, who do as they are told, who do not rock the boat. Individuality is removed piece-by-piece from brilliant young minds until they are reduced to machinelike robots operating under fear-mongering tactics like “professionalism.”

By firing him, the culture of medicine let us down. It reinforces the notion that if we are to advocate for what we believe in, we will be punished and ostracized; and if we conform, we will be rewarded. But conformity to a healthcare system that produces high rates of suicide, depression, substance abuse, anxiety, and disillusion among physicians is illogical and unsafe. Refusing to conform, insisting on maintaining our identities, and standing up for what we believe in — behaviors Eugene has demonstrated — are ways we will transform the culture of medicine.

When the best doctors are fired because they believe in social equality and justice.....
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12349Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll