d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Tips For Starter > Topic
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 125.00
Dec 14 2018 12:03pm
Okay fellas, I actually fell now for downloading this game, couple of questions and help needed

Is this game fully F2P?
What are the basics I should know?
Which build is most close to javazon trapsin hammerdin :lol:

Feel free to provide me some information since I have zero minutes on this game yet, appreciated already! <3
Gold: 136.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 14 2018 12:11pm
Google
Dec 14 2018 12:12pm
If you have nothing to say you don't need to spam my topics, reported.
Gold: 1,646.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 14 2018 12:13pm
Yes, it is free to play, but I would really suggest getting some paid stash tabs (currency and one premium for selling stuff).

Game is really complex. Go and explore all you want, just don't use Exalted Orb or Mirror of Kalandra yourself :)
Might want to look up some guides on what to build.

This game has traps, but they only trigger once. I think totems are closer to what D2 had traps.

Look up Arc Totem build, should be closest to trapsin.
Dec 14 2018 12:14pm
Quote (peterpants @ 14 Dec 2018 20:13)
Yes, it is free to play, but I would really suggest getting some paid stash tabs (currency and one premium for selling stuff).

Game is really complex. Go and explore all you want, just don't use Exalted Orb or Mirror of Kalandra yourself :)
Might want to look up some guides on what to build.

This game has traps, but they only trigger once. I think totems are closer to what D2 had traps.

Look up Arc Totem build, should be closest to trapsin.

Thanks for this awesome answer! Think I'll check out that Arc Totem B)
Gold: 136.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 14 2018 12:14pm
Quote (Erkkipekka @ Dec 14 2018 12:12pm)
If you have nothing to say you don't need to spam my topics, reported.

All answers can be found on google
Dec 14 2018 12:20pm
Quote (poopnose24 @ 14 Dec 2018 20:14)
All answers can be found on google

Maybe you should check again what these forums were and are used for.
Gold: 25.00
Dec 14 2018 12:27pm
they just started a stash tab sale last night so if you plan on buying those (I highly advise atleast 1 premium tab for selling items, and all of the currency related tabs. In total its probably a fair bit of money, but you could spend hundreds to thousands of hours on this game so wtf is 50 bucks or some shit.

You'll want to look into loot filters, they hide and change the way dropped items display on the ground, usually with different levels of settings, you start off with a super relaxed one that shows pretty much everything because you're poor and low level, but eventually change to a more strict version that filters out garbage.

I advise going to ziggyD's youtube channel and watching his breakdown videos of the past few expansions as all of those systems are currently active and can be very confusing.

There are other videos by other people who have kind of... new player based videos that explain alot about the game.

Every item in the game has value, it either is a form of currency, or vendors for a form of currency, and all currency can be upgraded to the next bracket. Identification scrolls can be upgrading into portal scrolls, and so on and so on.

There is a program called path of building, it allows you to import peoples builds that they post on the forums, or yt videos or wherever with a simple pastebin url, or you can use it to make your own stuff, or test how much your life/dps/etc would go up with a few talent changes or gear changes.

Don't get too attached to your first character. Its going to suck. Its going to have terrible damage and be poorly optimized with shit gear and shit passives. This is okay. Your second character will be much easier to play and level up and you will have a better idea of what skills and support gems you WANT to use, not were suggested to use.

All skills in the game are obtained through gems and go into sockets on your gear. There is a second type of gem called Support gem. These attach to skill gems to enhance them in various ways via sockets that are linked together on gear.

Youtube videos will help you the most though friend, this is the stuff i could think of off the top of my head.

Just fumble around and enjoy yourself, its going to be rough until probably the first few acts when you really start understanding what all is going on. I remade my first char at lvl 33 or something because i felt confident in my second attempt by that point.

___

also arc traps would be the actual closest to trapsin, but they are weaker than totems imo.

This post was edited by Mangix on Dec 14 2018 12:28pm
Dec 14 2018 12:31pm
@Mangix excellent tips :thumbsup:
I think with these tips already I am able to start the game without having too much to worry about things!
Gold: 742.00
Dec 14 2018 12:38pm
totems are closer than traps, since d2 traps didn't need to be triggered by enemies stepping on them
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll