d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Final Fantasy Series > Ff Speed Running
Prev12345615Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 85.00
Nov 30 2018 08:48pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Nov 30 2018 05:10pm)
Awesome man congrats on the sub 1 hour.

Literally just started ffx for a fun run right. Now lol

Thanks good luck on your run. After mulling it over i know i can save time on train sequence if i turn my highspeed on/off at the right times. And i can save almost 3 minutes in dollets i think by not killing the spider boss meaning no forced encounters or randoms on the way out just dodge it instead. Going to try for a sub 55, maybe sub 50 if my movements are good. but After my next Pb im going to jump right into disc 2 regardless

This post was edited by Exemplary on Nov 30 2018 08:48pm
Gold: 3,385.09
Nov 30 2018 09:07pm
Quote (Exemplary @ Nov 30 2018 08:48pm)
Thanks good luck on your run. After mulling it over i know i can save time on train sequence if i turn my highspeed on/off at the right times. And i can save almost 3 minutes in dollets i think by not killing the spider boss meaning no forced encounters or randoms on the way out just dodge it instead. Going to try for a sub 55, maybe sub 50 if my movements are good. but After my next Pb im going to jump right into disc 2 regardless

Damn sub 50 is insane to think about. Good luck!!!
Dec 1 2018 10:29am

Sub 58 hyped.
Just the random bat encounter then a really fast exit for bombs right before ifirit. Really gunna be hard to beat that split saved 45 seconds compared to previous run. Elnoyle split was pretty unlucky, caught 2 extra encounters after the bridge. Both of which got attacks off :S Had some really good movement from diablos to rinoa but the rest of the run was kinda crap movement wise. i think i could shave a minute or two from the walls and not messing up that damn dialogue in the boat. Also failed one the first set of codes so i had to go up on them. If i ever get good enough to keep boost mode on during that segment i'll be able to save like a full minute probably

This post was edited by Exemplary on Dec 1 2018 10:32am
Gold: 3,385.09
Dec 1 2018 10:52am
Quote (Exemplary @ Dec 1 2018 10:29am)
https://i.ibb.co/cx9pNTy/sub58.png
Sub 58 hyped.
Just the random bat encounter then a really fast exit for bombs right before ifirit. Really gunna be hard to beat that split saved 45 seconds compared to previous run. Elnoyle split was pretty unlucky, caught 2 extra encounters after the bridge. Both of which got attacks off :S Had some really good movement from diablos to rinoa but the rest of the run was kinda crap movement wise. i think i could shave a minute or two from the walls and not messing up that damn dialogue in the boat. Also failed one the first set of codes so i had to go up on them. If i ever get good enough to keep boost mode on during that segment i'll be able to save like a full minute probably

I cant imagine trying to do the train on 4x speed. I suck at titfrom the beginning lol
Dec 1 2018 03:25pm
Quote (Toews777 @ Dec 1 2018 08:52am)
I cant imagine trying to do the train on 4x speed. I suck at titfrom the beginning lol

Same man I still fail it sometimes. and im pretty sure the numbers generated are random >.< Same with carroways code. I know you can manipulate it but its literally a 55 second run getting the code and back. So slowing the game down to pole count and input numbers probably takes longer
Dec 2 2018 12:48am

Think i figured out some pathing.
Hold Right until past the forest then up in world map for 0 encounter to cave. run through cave hold up only after Quistist talks for first bats random and forced bomb before Ifirit. Down until past forest then left for the second encounter in world map on way back to Balamb (two if unlucky). In dollet run until first encounter on the bridge WALK until the next pole then run. Third encounter should be a soldier in the map after anaconda forced encounter (if unlucky another encounter of double anaconda, kill the first and run or it'll do a longer attack animation then killing it. If really unlucky youll encounter a geezard right before or after selphie joins the party). After that in theory you can stay on path for the run back to balamb for 0 encounters. Take the right path at training center, run up right up then hard left for forth encounter. Take the same path back after the quistist talk for fifth and final encounter.
Smooth ass timber mission pretty much everything after that had ass movement to be honest lool
I locked my frames @ 120fps and it helped to solve an issue i had where it dropped frames and moved normally for a second or two at times. So even though good splits it was honestly a bad run and i expect sub 54 next time

This post was edited by Exemplary on Dec 2 2018 01:00am
Dec 2 2018 01:55pm

New PB ^^
Bad rng overall with encounters and fucked up step count before Ifirit split. was able to path it back to balamb for 0 world encounters there. Failed rinoa once so plenty of time to save still.
Juction diablos to squall when you get him. then zell during dieling city while the general walks around.

Blank disc 2 splits will start timer when i load that above saved file. Think goal is to eventually have segmented each disc sub 55 and like 10 minute disc 4 would be just under three hours. Some things to consider is i may have to start actually using refine mods or something to raise characters hp as even with booster attacks that are more then their hp kills them. I don't get any other gfs besides starters and diablos atm in current disc 1 run. Alternatively I think i could just go buy a chocobo real fast and get a gaes ring set that way. Guess it depends on what happens so we'll figure it out ^_^. First splits will probably be bad because i may save before fights im worried about getting one shot.

This post was edited by Exemplary on Dec 2 2018 02:06pm
Dec 2 2018 07:21pm

Really really bad overall
Dec 3 2018 07:56am
Quote (Exemplary @ Dec 2 2018 05:21pm)

Game timer looks so much nicer here and i don't know why
Actually this one adds up but my new pb doesn't Oo so weird

New pbs. As you can see the game timer is almost 40 minutes faster. No clue what changed.
Need to remember to menu diablos pretty much everywhere i could have gotten encounters from not menuing i did ><

This post was edited by Exemplary on Dec 3 2018 08:01am
Dec 4 2018 03:46am
Alot of disc 2 practice today :)

I've done some research and learned if i can path consistently to caraways mansion you'll always get the same code. Basically need to perfect 3/4 of disc 1 to save a full minute nearly by not taking off speed boost for pole counting or running to code

This post was edited by Exemplary on Dec 4 2018 03:51am
Go Back To Final Fantasy Series Topic List
Prev12345615Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll