d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev18990919293487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
Dec 23 2019 09:29pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Dec 19 2019 06:10pm)
Here's a test for you. Live your whole life one way through your 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's 60's and even 70's all the way on your deathbed.

Please tell me how you could change your mind willy nilly and be genuine?

Have you ever tried to keep a New Year's Resolution? How long does that last?

So how long do you have to believe before its sincere enough to go to heaven
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 23 2019 10:05pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 23 2019 10:29pm)

Tree fiddy
Gold: 0.00
Dec 24 2019 12:17am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 24 2019 01:29pm)

Let's look at a deathbed conversion where all this stems from in Luke 23:39-43.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

----------

Don't come to rely on a deathbed conversion though as it says in Matthew 3:2.

“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

Jesus himself bears the same message in Matthew 4:17.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

----------

Why should we repent now? You do not know what tomorrow brings. Let's look at James 4:13-14.

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

----------

This is why you must not harden your heart when you hear his voice as per Hebrews 3:7-8.

So, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the wilderness

----------

Today is the day of salvation; not tomorrow, not next decade but today! 2 Corinthians 6:2.

For he says,

“In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you.”

I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
Dec 24 2019 12:51am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Dec 23 2019 08:28pm)
Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll if you haven't yet.

Please take the time to answer this question:

Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 4 2019 12:09pm)
Do you accept that Lucifer was able to incite a rebellion in heaven?

If so, that means that envy, jealousy, deception and violence exist in heaven, despite the promise of paradise.

Gold: 71,580.00
Dec 24 2019 02:23am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 24 2019 04:29am)

In the name of allah one moment of sacrifice is sincere enough for the great god to let you go to heaven
Dec 24 2019 08:23am
Quote (CPK001 @ Dec 24 2019 12:17am)
Let's look at a deathbed conversion where all this stems from in Luke 23:39-43.

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”

But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

----------

Don't come to rely on a deathbed conversion though as it says in Matthew 3:2.

“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

Jesus himself bears the same message in Matthew 4:17.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.”

----------

Why should we repent now? You do not know what tomorrow brings. Let's look at James 4:13-14.

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

----------

This is why you must not harden your heart when you hear his voice as per Hebrews 3:7-8.

So, as the Holy Spirit says:

“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the wilderness

----------

Today is the day of salvation; not tomorrow, not next decade but today! 2 Corinthians 6:2.

For he says,

“In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you.”

I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

I'm other words Hitler could do it on his death bed
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 24 2019 10:03pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 24 2019 09:23am)

And Mother Theresa could refuse. But unlike you I dont waste my life on worthless hypotheticals.
Dec 24 2019 10:13pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 24 2019 10:03pm)
And Mother Theresa could refuse. But unlike you I dont waste my life on worthless hypotheticals.

Which is why you are bad at science
Gold: 1,253.69
Dec 24 2019 11:25pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 24 2019 10:13pm)
Which is why you are bad at science

Hey Thor buddy... check out this video here... I would like to hear your input... I think this video is very relevant to our community of jsp...

although we are not facebook, I am sure many of us DO in fact browse many websites while using our internet time...

and I believe everyone here can get a good perspective from this youtube channel in general...

my favorite Christian channel.. behold the power of God
Dec 25 2019 01:17am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 25 2019 12:23am)

You're right, he could have done it on his death bed were it genuine. God knows if you are genuine or not. The thief on the cross was genuine when he did it. Tell me though, did Hitler actually proclaim Jesus as his Lord and Savior right before he died?

Doesn't that show the power of the cross? Doesn't that show that God forgives all who humbly repent?

Does this mean that those on their death bed have the same rewards as those who have been a Christian all their life? The answer is yes but to a point.

The first reward is that we both do indeed go to Heaven. However, the gospel of Matthew tells us to store our treasures in Heaven.

Read Matthew Chapter 6 for the full story but let's look at Matthew 6:19-21.

“Do not gather for yourselves riches on earth. Moths and rats can destroy them. Thieves can break in and steal them. Instead, gather for yourselves riches in heaven. There, moths and rats do not destroy them. There, thieves do not break in and steal them. Your heart will be where your riches are."

God is preparing a place for me and I will have treasures in Heaven when he does come and call me to my eternal home.

However, let's look at a scenario.

You're driving through an intersection with which you have a green light. This intersection is the same intersection that you've driven over 1,000 times. Except on this particular day when you drive through the green light, some idiot speeds through the red light and smashes right into you on the driver's side.

One of two outcomes will happen, either you die instantly so you have no chance of a deathbed repentance or you suffer from major internal injuries, including head trauma. You're now in a coma and so the next day your family make the difficult decision to switch off life support. In both cases you didn't get a chance to do a deathbed repentance.

What if somebody points a gun to your head and you have enough time to say one sentence? What would your last words be? Do you plan on doing a deathbed repentance? Whether you answer here or not, God himself will look to this very point in time as he knows what you're thinking.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18990919293487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll