d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1112113114115116487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 5 2020 02:28pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 5 Mar 2020 21:22)
I would say no to Catholics because they do many things that are not Biblical. They rely on Tradition as much as Scripture from what I understand.

Catholics are the reference since centuries, others are tourists (or scammers)
Gold: 3,100.00
Mar 6 2020 10:21pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 4 2020 08:04pm)
the Denomination that is most accurate, is the one that most closely lines up with the Bible.

The Prime example of not needing to belong to a certain denomination to be ''accurate''. Is the Thief on the cross.
Perhaps re-read that scripture and ask God to open your heart to not being so judgmental towards your brothers and sisters in Christ. Simply because they're not a Baptist like you.

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on Mar 6 2020 10:21pm
Gold: 260.11
Mar 6 2020 10:34pm
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Mar 6 2020 10:21pm)
The Prime example of not needing to belong to a certain denomination to be ''accurate''. Is the Thief on the cross.
Perhaps re-read that scripture and ask God to open your heart to not being so judgmental towards your brothers and sisters in Christ. Simply because they're not a Baptist like you.

Nope, its catholicism
Gold: 186.16
Mar 8 2020 08:03pm
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Mar 7 2020 12:21am)

I'm not a Baptist. I am a Bible believer. Maybe if you weren't so judgmental toward me you would see that I am not the judgmental one. What upsets you and makes you think that I am judgmental is because I actually believe God in His Word. You should believe Him too.
Gold: 3,100.00
Mar 10 2020 12:30pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Mar 8 2020 06:03pm)
I'm not a Baptist. I am a Bible believer. Maybe if you weren't so judgmental toward me you would see that I am not the judgmental one. What upsets you and makes you think that I am judgmental is because I actually believe God in His Word. You should believe Him too.

This is your post. I assumed you were a Baptist because of it.

Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Nov 7 2018 12:41pm)
follow in baptism.

If you meant actually being Baptized. Then my bad.
However no where in the bible does it say you must be Baptized to get to heaven.
Thief on the cross in another prime example of this.
Attending church is also not a mandatory requirement to get to heaven.
Again Thief on the cross is a perfect example of this.

Just because someone points out certain things you're saying as incorrect doesn't mean they're upset or judging you.
Perhaps instead of putting your own emotions into others posts you should ask God to help you take your own emotions out of others posts.

You however have shown in multiple posts that you're judgmental.
Calling someone and idiot because they challenged you. Then on top of that judging them by saying they're not setting a good example of Christianity.
Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black. What does the bible say about turning the other cheek? Or how many times you should forgive someone?
Would you like to know the verses so you can read it for yourself?

I've admitted in this thread that I'm imperfect.
Daily I pray So I can attempt to take the log out of my own eye, so I need not bring attention to the spec in my brothers eye.(Do you know what Bible verse this is? I bring it up for a reason)

I have no issues with you. Some of the things you're saying are simply your own understanding of it. Which is completely fine.
However pushing your own human understanding on others is not what you're called to do by God.
But you've already stated that you believe your own human understanding goes beyond God's understanding.(Do you know what the Bible says leaning on your own understanding? Would you like the verses?)
Denominations are still the bane of Christianity.
As long as you've accepted that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, rose again in three days. That only through him will you have eternal salvation. This is the requirement.
This is what it says in the bible.
Therefore it doesn't matter what denomination you ''belong to'' You're all brothers and sisters in God's eyes.
However our human understanding doesn't process that judging others is equal to murder in God's eye.
Would you like to know the Chapters/verses it says this?

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on Mar 10 2020 12:48pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 10 2020 12:37pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 9 Mar 2020 03:03)

This kind of speech is pretty vague and seems as easy as the speeches they do in jihad training camps
Gold: 2,094.99
Mar 10 2020 01:19pm
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Mar 10 2020 01:30pm)
However no where in the bible does it say you must be Baptized to get to heaven.

Wrong.

Acts 2:38
"Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the [a]remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Acts 22:16
"And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord."

Acts 10:48
"And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days."

Mark 16:16
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."

1 Peter: 3:21
"There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ".

Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Mar 10 2020 01:30pm)

Wrong. People incorrectly use this an example of salvation by faith alone. However, because Jesus has not yet died for or sins, the Old Testament was in still effect when the thief was forgiven. Therefore, under the Old Testament covenant, he wasn't required to be baptized, like we're instructed to do in the New Testament. It's like trying to use Moses or Abraham as an example of not needing to be baptized. It doesn't work because these people, like the thief, were not required to believe what we do, nor be baptized like we are, because they did not live under the same covenant as we do.

Mar 10 2020 07:50pm
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Mar 10 2020 02:30pm)
This is your post. I assumed you were a Baptist because of it.

If you meant actually being Baptized. Then my bad.
Attending church is also not a mandatory requirement to get to heaven.
Again Thief on the cross is a perfect example of this.

Just because someone points out certain things you're saying as incorrect doesn't mean they're upset or judging you.
Perhaps instead of putting your own emotions into others posts you should ask God to help you take your own emotions out of others posts.

You however have shown in multiple posts that you're judgmental.
Calling someone and idiot because they challenged you. Then on top of that judging them by saying they're not setting a good example of Christianity.
Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black. What does the bible say about turning the other cheek? Or how many times you should forgive someone?
Would you like to know the verses so you can read it for yourself?

I've admitted in this thread that I'm imperfect.
Daily I pray So I can attempt to take the log out of my own eye, so I need not bring attention to the spec in my brothers eye.(Do you know what Bible verse this is? I bring it up for a reason)

I have no issues with you. Some of the things you're saying are simply your own understanding of it. Which is completely fine.
However pushing your own human understanding on others is not what you're called to do by God.
But you've already stated that you believe your own human understanding goes beyond God's understanding.(Do you know what the Bible says leaning on your own understanding? Would you like the verses?)
Denominations are still the bane of Christianity.
As long as you've accepted that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, rose again in three days. That only through him will you have eternal salvation. This is the requirement.
This is what it says in the bible.
Therefore it doesn't matter what denomination you ''belong to'' You're all brothers and sisters in God's eyes.
However our human understanding doesn't process that judging others is equal to murder in God's eye.
Would you like to know the Chapters/verses it says this?

You are preaching to the Choir. I already KNOW that Baptism doesn't save you. I state that in my post. But it IS something that is done AFTER Salvation. Also, Baptists do not believe that Baptism saves people either. I also stated in my post that Church, good deeds and Baptism do not save. Read the thread before you come back and criticize me for what I already said. I also never said I was upset. Maybe you need to take it to God and ask Him to help you not think that everyone is upset with you when they aren't. I'm also not Judgmental, but you are judging me right now. Interesting that is. I don't call people idiots for challenging me, I call them an idiot when they are rude and disrespectful. Why aren't you turning the other cheek? Why aren't you being forgiving? Do those verses apply to you or just anyone besides you? I never said I was perfect either. Sorry, but I don't accept your criticism because you are a hypocrite.

I never said many of the things you accused me of saying, so...

Now you are telling me that I am pushing my views on others, while you push your views on me...go on...

And then you say that sharing the Gospel isn't my calling....because you know better than God....go on...

I don't think you really understand the Bible very well, or even what I have said.

The only thing I will agree on is that the Gospel is that Jesus Christ died and rose again, shedding His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins and placing your faith in Him, giving your life to Him. It's not of works. If you had actually read what I wrote, instead of judging me, you would have known that.
Mar 13 2020 05:38pm
After infected priest gives communion in U.S. church, 550 parishioners in voluntary self-quarantine

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/u-s-church-confirms-550-parishioners-voluntary-self-quarantine/
Mar 14 2020 07:14pm
Tomorrow is Sunday. Find a good Bible believing Church and attend!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1112113114115116487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll