d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > We Got A 2018 Honda Accord Sport For Cheap > Smart Key Entry System Is Not Working
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Nov 5 2018 03:32pm
We've tried everything on our side and can't get it to work. Sometimes it locks when you walk away. Sometimes it doesn't.
Can't even get it to unlock when you full on the door handle.
The dealership wants 200$+ just to even check the thing and it might be as high as 600 if we want to switch out new sensors.
It doesn't seem like many people know about these 2018 honda accords. I keep calling the dealership but they just read what's on the computer monitor. lol
If it's not a "part" to replace...it's just ridiculously expensive.
Does anyone here have a lot of experience with smart keys? Could it be a KEY problem? I can start the car though so that doesn't make sense...
Does it need one of those smart key programmers to come in and program it correctly?
We're not made of money. Just got a house and this car was sold to us by a friend for realllllly cheap. It was basically a gift lol
That's the only problem with the car. We can't get it to automatically unlock. Since it's a smart key and all....
someone help please lol

The dealership wants to charge SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lol
We asked about a lock lug nut on our tires and they were like...yeah you need a special tool and we'll take it off for you for 60$...
ohh and then it's 45$ for 5 lug nuts

This post was edited by doubletrouble on Nov 5 2018 03:34pm
Gold: 2,487.88
Nov 5 2018 04:55pm
smart keys obv new, and is big proplem. lots of ppl here dont have knowlege on new cars/technology fyi. but sad to hear something wrong with new car, should have warrenty.
Gold: 1,363.36
Nov 5 2018 05:55pm
Should be under warranty lol
Gold: 3,295.00
Nov 5 2018 09:31pm
Try another dealer? Or contact the district manager and complain? That usually gets lazy dealerships to actually do work
Gold: 95.20
Nov 6 2018 01:23am
You should be 100% under warranty.
Gold: 788.50
Nov 6 2018 12:22pm
How many miles are on the car? Is it an after market fob for a remote start or something? All the programming is done by dealer technicians there's no 3rd party fob unless it's aftermarket remote start. Also to start the car is the smart key inserted?
Gold: 0.01
Nov 7 2018 12:32am
it looks like i just have to take the original owner and go to the dealership cause it's under warranty. Lol.
2 hour drive but i guess that's ok. They honestly didnt mention the warranty. The parts sales man that I talked to today was kind of upset that nobody at the dealership mentioned the warranty on a 2018 car sooner.
We honestly didnt NEED it but it's so nice to have. I'm super happy.
Quote (ReturnOfCar @ Nov 6 2018 06:22pm)
How many miles are on the car? Is it an after market fob for a remote start or something? All the programming is done by dealer technicians there's no 3rd party fob unless it's aftermarket remote start. Also to start the car is the smart key inserted?

It's about 14500 miles. We wanted 2 extra Smart keys and we got them from a honda dealership.
You just leave your keys in your purse or pocket and you can just push to start the car. It has that push to start button.
Im not used to this kind of stuff and i dont need it but now that i have it....i just want it to work :)

This post was edited by doubletrouble on Nov 7 2018 12:32am
Gold: 788.50
Nov 7 2018 12:06pm
Okay the only other thing I would say to that since they are extra keys is there is usually a limit of two, maybe three smart keys per bcm so it may not be possible to have them all recognized by the various modules like the smart touch on the handles. Hope warranty helps keep the cost down for you and it's resolved quickly.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 7 2018 08:08pm
How is something like this not under warranty
Gold: 5.02
Nov 30 2018 11:14pm
You ever sort this out?

Try using the smart key system on the passenger door. The oscillators are in the handles, if the passenger side works, then your driver side oscillator is where I'd start.
I'm guessing the regular lock/unlock buttons on the doors work?

The smart key system and the immobilizer system are separate modules and work separately of each other. I also doubt there are many aftermarket scan tools that have smart key programming capabilities so you're pretty much stuck with getting the dealer to do it.

Have you gone through the vehicle settings menu in the navi/head unit?
Quote (doubletrouble @ Nov 7 2018 01:32am)
it looks like i just have to take the original owner and go to the dealership cause it's under warranty. Lol.
2 hour drive but i guess that's ok. They honestly didnt mention the warranty. The parts sales man that I talked to today was kind of upset that nobody at the dealership mentioned the warranty on a 2018 car sooner.
We honestly didnt NEED it but it's so nice to have. I'm super happy.

It's about 14500 miles. We wanted 2 extra Smart keys and we got them from a honda dealership.
You just leave your keys in your purse or pocket and you can just push to start the car. It has that push to start button.
Im not used to this kind of stuff and i dont need it but now that i have it....i just want it to work :)

You got two new keys and they only start the car and not the smart key? Or none of the keys work the smart key system?
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll