d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Pre-lod Stories, Legends, And Lore > Share Yours
1236Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
Nov 4 2018 09:48pm
I would love to hear your stories about the pre-lod days, something I missed out on because I was too young, I didn't start playing D2 until 2002 because it was rated mature and you had to be 17 to buy it, so it took several tries for me to get a cashier that didn't ID me. Also I was happily playing Diablo 1 and starcraft, so it wasn't a priority for me.

Here's my story, this was back in 1.09, I spent a little time on the US West realm playing Hardcore. The players there did flayer runs, I don't know if it was a hardcore thing or a pre-lod or classic thing or if it was a us west thing, anyways, the preferred build was a frost nova/hydra sorc. It didn't make sense to me, but they swore by it, like everyone had a frost nova/ hydra sorc for doing flayer runs, it was quite interesting. If anyone knows the story behind that, I'd be interested to hear it.
Gold: 305.00
Nov 5 2018 07:47am
In 1.09 i was playing a barbarian in cs at de seis when IM wasn't a problem for barbs.
You didn't have to follow other players to get exp. So it was full split cs.
The best char i met was DK_Shabada a sorc lv ... 96 or 97, can't remind exactly ... he was playing also with nova/hydra ... i remind he could kill the whole cs alone in less than 2 minutes !!! this was crazy !

In this ladder, you also had to exp in hell cows (i can't remind the lvl ... think it was someting like start to 87 = hell cows, then 87 to 93 hell cs ...). The best char i saw was Vicky ... in the VK cows ! that was a frost/nova/static sorc and that was absolutly crazy and fast ! about 1-2 mins for a game ! I made a sorc like this by myself (not high lvl, maybe 80+) and that was really fun !

These stories are from 1.09 europe softcore realm ;-)
Gold: Locked
Nov 5 2018 11:09am
I remember being a complete beginner on battlenet, getting scammed of my items when i went to duel, the guy racked up so many of my corpses and then dropped a white item which i picked up, killed me again then my items got looted. gave him abuse for about 4hours, and thats when i fell in love with diablo 2, i never was able to do it to someone else as i think that bug was fixed a few months after. probably mid 1.09-late 1.09. many people didnt stat there chars till high leveled because prelods were so abundant. obviously no reset and restat back then, they would just leech cows naked at level 70+.
Gold: 10.47
Nov 5 2018 12:00pm
Quote (lepInTheHood @ Nov 5 2018 07:09pm)
I remember being a complete beginner on battlenet, getting scammed of my items when i went to duel, the guy racked up so many of my corpses and then dropped a white item which i picked up, killed me again then my items got looted. gave him abuse for about 4hours, and thats when i fell in love with diablo 2, i never was able to do it to someone else as i think that bug was fixed a few months after. probably mid 1.09-late 1.09. many people didnt stat there chars till high leveled because prelods were so abundant. obviously no reset and restat back then, they would just leech cows naked at level 70+.

ahaha i did it often xD ,, pk pk 10 body, put a whit weapon just the corps, and hop, when player cliked , all stuff droped on floor :D

i remember,, i get some cd key and account free, with noob,the technique was simple, and she work again at this time....
i choose a noob, asked him if he wanted free soj ( ofc i showed many...^^) and i said to him " whrite /dnd account + password . or /dnd your cd key xD
after he did it, just needed to wisp him , and the automatical message showed his informations ..xD

i remember too;

tp on dead body / massiv ears on dead body

TPPK with nec :DDDD

lvl 9 with bow enchanted and killed high lvl xD just for make crazy
crash game with pack of 1 gold on floor act1 xD

flay in act3 to get xp...

about 10-15 game of tristrun or cow run in normal mod.

i remember my first soj ,traded for 10 gull...

remember some creation of shity team i will not say names cause some player still playing again .. and some good team like RoX / NwO ...

lady/dame ect,, wasnt discover , style was full mf gear with 38-39 % or more mf ring who cost 1 soj..

remember some fucking good player like : jack, fabi ,denis , matteo ,val(<= just coming he was a litle noob french i teach him how to play ahahah ect.. and some others i forgot

EDIT: i was 15 yo , i remember too twins tower.. :c

This post was edited by womy on Nov 5 2018 12:14pm
Gold: 10.47
Nov 5 2018 12:23pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Nov 5 2018 05:48am)
I would love to hear your stories about the pre-lod days, something I missed out on because I was too young, I didn't start playing D2 until 2002 because it was rated mature and you had to be 17 to buy it, so it took several tries for me to get a cashier that didn't ID me. Also I was happily playing Diablo 1 and starcraft, so it wasn't a priority for me.

Here's my story, this was back in 1.09, I spent a little time on the US West realm playing Hardcore. The players there did flayer runs, I don't know if it was a hardcore thing or a pre-lod or classic thing or if it was a us west thing, anyways, the preferred build was a frost nova/hydra sorc. It didn't make sense to me, but they swore by it, like everyone had a frost nova/ hydra sorc for doing flayer runs, it was quite interesting. If anyone knows the story behind that, I'd be interested to hear it.

i think u allright about flay it coming from us-W/E, like the "taxi " , in europ we had just "HOT" lol

This post was edited by womy on Nov 5 2018 12:24pm
Gold: 305.00
Nov 6 2018 05:23am
TPPK with nec ! yes ! i remind it now also !!!
Gold: 0.00
Nov 6 2018 03:06pm
i remember trading 40 pskulls to get a gull and cowing to level!
Gold: 10,513.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 6 2018 03:34pm
I remember all barbs were using Twitch with perf ruby and then i tried to use soj into twitch and it didnt work. :rofl:

This post was edited by anthooo on Nov 6 2018 03:35pm
Gold: 15,800.00
Nov 6 2018 03:51pm
Quote (evansa @ 6 Nov 2018 23:06)
i remember trading 40 pskulls to get a gull and cowing to level!

this

I remember that i got scammed in a2 town with the wall bug in the city close to an npc which name i dont remember anymore. This guy looted my first prelod dupe i traded vs 2 sojs if I remember correctly ... will never forget this day :D

And I remember lazerque (EU) with sexiest blue prelod exe barb ever ... I am still jealous :rofl:

Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,239.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 6 2018 03:51pm
I never approved nor did anything related to scamming account data/items using illegal software or deception, but I heard from my friend (female player) about hydra pk, she apparently was good in it, but it's too late now to try it myself :)
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1236Next
Closed New Topic New Poll