d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo Immortal > Why You Should Like Diablo Immortal. > No Joke!
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 51.00
Nov 3 2018 09:01pm
Whoops double post

This post was edited by Evil_Life on Nov 3 2018 09:04pm
Gold: 25,008.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 3 2018 09:13pm
i'm just pointing out the only good thing we can take away from this game.
I'm not going to play it, but i can see how it might expose diablo to a different audience.
and so.. when blizzard finally does come out with diablo 4, it'll be huge, because the fan base might of grown to PC gamers Console gamers and even mobile "gamers".

blizzard will one day make diablo 4 and it will be epic.

Gold: 8.73
Nov 4 2018 03:22am
So you're saying the upside to the cashgrab mobile game is that it might make Activision more money?

Also, how is a mobile game supposed to get people excited about a 20 year old PC game?

The new Tetris game didn't get people interested in the game boy Tetris.
Gold: 343,977.63
Nov 4 2018 04:17am
Quote (KickassB1tch @ 4 Nov 2018 03:30)
their plan is too get as many poeple as possible exposed to diablo, so that when do DO deliver that "d2 remastered" type game, it will be huge!

Except that blizzard has since 2008 showed no intentions, hidden or obvious, what so ever, that this is on their mind.

The simple truth is that this is what happens to culture, when it becomes overly commercialized. The capitalism model demands growth. How to grow? dumb down demanding, culturally intricate stuff (like D2, Like PoE) so that it isn't great for anyone in any true terms, but it's "tolerable" and "ok" enough for the masses, so that you get a wide consumer base. . At this point, gaming has become so commercialized, that this is also what we as consumers expect. People got used to this shitty standard, by the biggest companies that has the biggest intellectual properties.

I'm not even saying that capitalism is the root of all evil. I'm just saying, this is what happens. And as someone who has high demand out of a game that I play, and expect depth, challenge and "it", AAA companies aren't for me. This probably goes for alot of people on this forum. Much the same happens with any pop culture. It gets streamlined, to suit everyone, because financial suits are in the board rooms. And they are not risking anything with bold or innovative decisions.

Compare it with blockbuster movies, and pop music. The thing about those cultural expressions though, is that oftentimes even these biggest "commercialized" artists can bring brilliance. I believe this is because that with music and movies, the "big money" has accepted/realized that they should listen to the artists, because [music] or [movies] is an art. The big money just hasnt realized yet, that [games] is art in much the same way. The industry is still too immature. So in 2018 in a way, I think we are witnessing the absolute WORST of times for gaming consumers.

It is that easy. I was a fool for putting any hopes that now would be different. Because, "this is blizzard". But no, blizzard is not blizzard. It will never happen. It will never be for me! For people who views gaming as I personally do; indie studios is where we have to look to find what we are after. GGG and Path of Exile suits as the prime example to prove my point.

Past generations said "Rock n roll is dead". Well, I think for me and my peers the mantra should be "Gaming is dead".

Gold: 45.00
Nov 4 2018 04:50am
No
Gold: 6,762.00
Nov 4 2018 05:44am
Quote (KickassB1tch @ 4 Nov 2018 02:30)
today we buy this fucking shit

Probably you will not even be able to buy this.
My guess is free game + microtransactions.

Gold: 25,008.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 4 2018 11:08am
Quote (SpAz. @ Nov 4 2018 06:17am)
Except that blizzard has since 2008 showed no intentions, hidden or obvious, what so ever, that this is on their mind.

The simple truth is that this is what happens to culture, when it becomes overly commercialized. The capitalism model demands growth. How to grow? dumb down demanding, culturally intricate stuff (like D2, Like PoE) so that it isn't great for anyone in any true terms, but it's "tolerable" and "ok" enough for the masses, so that you get a wide consumer base. . At this point, gaming has become so commercialized, that this is also what we as consumers expect. People got used to this shitty standard, by the biggest companies that has the biggest intellectual properties.

I'm not even saying that capitalism is the root of all evil. I'm just saying, this is what happens. And as someone who has high demand out of a game that I play, and expect depth, challenge and "it", AAA companies aren't for me. This probably goes for alot of people on this forum. Much the same happens with any pop culture. It gets streamlined, to suit everyone, because financial suits are in the board rooms. And they are not risking anything with bold or innovative decisions.

Compare it with blockbuster movies, and pop music. The thing about those cultural expressions though, is that oftentimes even these biggest "commercialized" artists can bring brilliance. I believe this is because that with music and movies, the "big money" has accepted/realized that they should listen to the artists, because [music] or [movies] is an art. The big money just hasnt realized yet, that [games] is art in much the same way. The industry is still too immature. So in 2018 in a way, I think we are witnessing the absolute WORST of times for gaming consumers.

It is that easy. I was a fool for putting any hopes that now would be different. Because, "this is blizzard". But no, blizzard is not blizzard. It will never happen. It will never be for me! For people who views gaming as I personally do; indie studios is where we have to look to find what we are after. GGG and Path of Exile suits as the prime example to prove my point.

Past generations said "Rock n roll is dead". Well, I think for me and my peers the mantra should be "Gaming is dead".

i get what your saying. and agree to some extent.
the truth is... if diablo moblie does well and brings in money ( because millions of micro tx pre day?) , then the next diablo games will be diablo moblie 2

but i dont agree that diablo moblie will be a success,
they fucked up.
they tried to go for what would get them the most money
and they fucked up.

what would make them the most money is producing the game WE want, and adding in a in game cash trading system where they skim 1% off each transaction.

this is a fact, and because of that, i still have hope that oneday they will realize that and deliver.

This post was edited by KickassB1tch on Nov 4 2018 11:08am
Gold: 23,001.97
Nov 4 2018 11:20am
Quote (SBD @ 4 Nov 2018 03:48)
I will not spend a penny on this abortion.

Ty carry on.

Quote (DEngineer @ 4 Nov 2018 03:53)
THIS

THAT
Gold: 0.32
Nov 4 2018 11:22am
" Do you want travel to next Act ? Wait 7 days or pay 100 in-game crystals ( purchase for 4,99$ ) "
Gold: 8,013.34
Nov 4 2018 11:25am
It cant get worse from this point, so we can expect bright future for Diablo.
Go Back To Diablo Immortal Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic