d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Siggy Siggy > Cnc Wanted
Prev1424344454648Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 779.10
Feb 18 2021 01:34pm
Quote (LostInMyMind @ 17 Feb 2021 20:35)
You're saying the same thing ive been told over time. I actually understand what i'm doing and take every step into consideration, but when you don't have talent for fine details, it gets harder to push forward. Smaller additions is what i'm trying to accomplish atm, but it hits a mental block without resources especially. Plus im experimenting all the damn time which is why if fluctuates. It's not luck you asshole.

/edit : had you read through my previous thread i'd consider you an acknowledgable source.

/edit2: why'd you steal that sig?

There is no need to get personal over this. I do hope you will improve. You have improved over time, no question in that, but there are huge gaps in your pieces and by that time, I am fairly sure you can tell (at least I hope so) which parts of your work require more attention. So my suggestion is - do it before posting it up. I am not trying to put you off from doing these pieces but use them for educational purpose and set them aside afterwards. No one is able to push out several planned and polished works every single day.

Being an artist is only small percentage of talent, most of it is practice. Being talented without practicing gets you nowhere.

If you are willing to and put time/effort in it, you will get to a point you are looking for. I have seen many talented people here during lots of years improve by margins I would not hope for myself.

Side note: I have full rights to use that signature but thank you for looking out - often people don't take note when clearly inappropriate usage of intellectual property is present. This is not the case here but I am not here to discuss in any further.

Edit: since you pointed it out, I will go trough entire thread before posting anything else.

Edit2: well, I apologize for repeating myself but I am not really assured anything has changed since that last time. These same issues are still present today. Work on these problems as you are fully aware of it. Check out composition principles. I don't have all the answers but I can try to point out a direction.

This post was edited by SirScrappy on Feb 18 2021 01:52pm
Gold: 55.80
Warn: 10%
Feb 18 2021 03:36pm
Quote (SirScrappy @ Feb 18 2021 02:34pm)
There is no need to get personal over this. I do hope you will improve. You have improved over time, no question in that, but there are huge gaps in your pieces and by that time, I am fairly sure you can tell (at least I hope so) which parts of your work require more attention. So my suggestion is - do it before posting it up. I am not trying to put you off from doing these pieces but use them for educational purpose and set them aside afterwards. No one is able to push out several planned and polished works every single day.

Being an artist is only small percentage of talent, most of it is practice. Being talented without practicing gets you nowhere.

If you are willing to and put time/effort in it, you will get to a point you are looking for. I have seen many talented people here during lots of years improve by margins I would not hope for myself.

Side note: I have full rights to use that signature but thank you for looking out - often people don't take note when clearly inappropriate usage of intellectual property is present. This is not the case here but I am not here to discuss in any further.

Edit: since you pointed it out, I will go trough entire thread before posting anything else.

Edit2: well, I apologize for repeating myself but I am not really assured anything has changed since that last time. These same issues are still present today. Work on these problems as you are fully aware of it. Check out composition principles. I don't have all the answers but I can try to point out a direction.

lol what is wrong with you
Gold: 0.09
Feb 18 2021 07:37pm
Quote (SirScrappy @ Feb 18 2021 11:34am)

You do realize you're not pointing out how to improve right? That's why you need skills yourself in order to cnc properly. Things like saying your composition sucks isn't exactly the way to point someone to improvement.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65809791&f=105

This is previous thread.

This post was edited by LostInMyMind on Feb 18 2021 07:39pm
Feb 18 2021 09:42pm
Feb 19 2021 01:11am
Quote (TheReborn_Magi @ 18 Feb 2021 22:36)
lol what is wrong with you

Nothing? Please elaborate if you know something I don't.

Quote (LostInMyMind @ 19 Feb 2021 02:37)
You do realize you're not pointing out how to improve right? That's why you need skills yourself in order to cnc properly. Things like saying your composition sucks isn't exactly the way to point someone to improvement.

This is previous thread.

I think you have a false understanding of what constructive criticism means. I actually told you quite precisely how to improve. Anything more and I could just do it myself. I have kids at home, hopefully you don't expect me to start spoonfeeding another mouth.
Feb 19 2021 01:42pm
Quote (SirScrappy @ Feb 18 2021 11:11pm)

I think you have a false understanding of what constructive criticism means. I actually told you quite precisely how to improve. Anything more and I could just do it myself. I have kids at home, hopefully you don't expect me to start spoonfeeding another mouth.

It's still a form of teaching. You have to give examples, elaborate and define the terms you use. You're not exactly bright are you?
Gold: 55.80
Warn: 10%
Feb 19 2021 03:32pm
Quote (LostInMyMind @ Feb 18 2021 08:37pm)

This is previous thread.

im surprised with a thread that old I don't come off more like an asshole kid tbh, but this old one is pretty tight http://i.imgur.com/oWjANCi.jpg

Quote (SirScrappy @ Feb 19 2021 02:11am)

I mean, look at your responses in this thread, maybe like 1/10th is legitimate criticism and the rest is argueing and "this is how you are supposed to be an artist". For a grown adult with kids, you sure act like a 20 something who took his first art class and thinks he knows art now... This isn't criticism to go into a person's work thread and argue about shit. I 100% promise you called in sick the day art critique was gone over.

This post was edited by TheReborn_Magi on Feb 19 2021 03:37pm
Feb 19 2021 05:19pm
Feb 20 2021 03:37am
Quote (TheReborn_Magi @ 19 Feb 2021 23:32)
im surprised with a thread that old I don't come off more like an asshole kid tbh, but this old one is pretty tight http://i.imgur.com/oWjANCi.jpg

I mean, look at your responses in this thread, maybe like 1/10th is legitimate criticism and the rest is argueing and "this is how you are supposed to be an artist". For a grown adult with kids, you sure act like a 20 something who took his first art class and thinks he knows art now... This isn't criticism to go into a person's work thread and argue about shit. I 100% promise you called in sick the day art critique was gone over.

Well, I could say I am surprised but actually I am not. You and rest of the "regular" bunch have always acted like you were some sort of superior around here. My only advice to you is - spare your time from replying to me so you'd have more time spoonfeeding these kids.

Quote (LostInMyMind @ 19 Feb 2021 21:42)
It's still a form of teaching. You have to give examples, elaborate and define the terms you use. You're not exactly bright are you?

If you can't tell yourself that this form of teaching is one of the shittiest then go look at your previous thread yourself, compare it to your current and ask yourself is that the progression you are looking for in period of 9 years? You don't differentiate a bit from every single kid posting these "cnc" threads during my time here (which is a lot longer than you think).

This post was edited by SirScrappy on Feb 20 2021 03:41am
Feb 20 2021 08:19pm
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Prev1424344454648Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll