d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Girlfriend Played Around On Brand New Laptop >.>
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,000.00
Oct 8 2018 03:48pm

So she went to download some music saw that it was going to my ssd knows that I don't want anything being put on there so attempted to send it into my hd under downloads

but she managed to change my program files folder on the hd into the main downloads folder so now it says downloads rather than program files, its basically merged I guess with my downloads folder? ( the one you see on quick access or under this Pc ) I can't seem to figure out how to change it back i even attempted to just make a folder on desktop named program files and copied everything but when I try to delete the download folder I cannot.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 8 2018 04:51pm
First off, use SOME grammar at least, it will make it a lot easier to understand what you're saying.

If I understand the problem you described correctly, you should be able to re-name the existing folder back to Program Files.
Then, create a new folder for downloads (wherever you want them to go).
In the quick access section, right click the 'Downloads' shortcut, select Properties > Location then use the location of the new folder you created, all new downloads *should* default there, depending on browser/torrent settings.
Gold: 6,000.00
Oct 9 2018 05:51pm
Quote (zell1luk @ Oct 8 2018 05:51pm)
First off, use SOME grammar at least, it will make it a lot easier to understand what you're saying.

If I understand the problem you described correctly, you should be able to re-name the existing folder back to Program Files.
Then, create a new folder for downloads (wherever you want them to go).
In the quick access section, right click the 'Downloads' shortcut, select Properties > Location then use the location of the new folder you created, all new downloads *should* default there, depending on browser/torrent settings.

My post was made in haste as I was running late for work. I figured it out anyways, I just had to fix the registry values.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 9 2018 07:24pm
Quote (672 @ Oct 9 2018 06:51pm)
My post was made in haste as I was running late for work. I figured it out anyways, I just had to fix the registry values.

Glad to hear!
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll