d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Which Us State Is The Best? > In Terms Of Scenery, People, Cities, Etc
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,620.00
Oct 5 2018 10:32am
I think the state that best meets your description, 1-5, and personal preferences is Colorado.

Others that come to mind: Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Utah (doesn't meet #5 that well), and Vermont
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 5 2018 02:11pm
Oregon, fantastic hiking, hit up Portland for the food trucks if you want a day in the city. Cali also has many beautiful national parks like Yosemite.

After that if go hit Olympic national park in Washington and probably go through Montana and Colorado after that for more mountain range hikes.

I'm pretty bias though obviously as I'm just picking things I enjoy which is a lot of alpine hiking and camping.

On their other side you gotta hit New Orleans.

The Kootenies on the Canadian side are amazing, one of my favourite areas in Canada so I can only imagine there's tons of ground on the US side to explore.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 5 2018 02:14pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 5 2018 02:15pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 5 2018 10:07am)
Minnesota, bar none. Don't listen to that Wisconsin fag. The women here are beautiful Scandinavian stock, the hunting is abundant, full of Lutherans who just want to invite you to the church basement for cookies and coffee, and wilderness areas of the most diverse natures.

being called a fag in modern day PC culture always makes me feel great. feels like they're bringing out the big guns.
Gold: 4,383.11
Oct 5 2018 04:09pm
as a guy from the flat north of germany i feel like you do about climate

from my trip to america with my grandfather i have to go with idaho here
amazing and diverse nature/landscape, lakes, mountains and plains (pretty much all you can ask for imo)
boise and pocatello are nice and cozy cities to hang around

being there at the right time in late summer/early autumn adds a lot as well

surely its a long way from the large cities and other well known places, but its certainly a great place to visit
Gold: 10.77
Oct 5 2018 04:25pm
Arizona and Colorado are the states I enjoyed living in the most. Especially Arizona from Prescott north.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Oct 5 2018 04:25pm
Gold: 57.00
Oct 5 2018 04:29pm
California (avoid LA)
Wisconsin
Colorado

everyone here kinda covered based on what you want

Avoid DC and any big cities other than NYC.

The south is good if you like whiskey and bbq. Its a lot different though. Carolinas (in particular North Carolina) are best bet here or Tennessee (Memphis specifically)
Gold: 0.00
Oct 5 2018 04:56pm
Quote (Tjo @ Oct 5 2018 11:15am)
Is Minneapolis a good city?

Pretty awesome. Lot of things to do (cinema, arts, theater, lot of great food).

Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 5 2018 10:48am)
anyone who saying anything other than Wisconsin, especially jealous Minnesota cucks, are wrong. Beer, check. Cheese, check. Jiggly women plumped up by beer flavored cheese, double check.

Kek.

For the next week or so, the North Shore of Lake Superior is about the most beautiful place on the planet. The fall colors here are AMAZING. About the only comparison I've seen to it is New England, and it doesn't have the string of waterfalls running up the shore of the lake like Superior does.
Gold: 9.00
Oct 5 2018 05:12pm
Quote (ampoo @ Oct 6 2018 12:09am)
as a guy from the flat north of germany i feel like you do about climate

from my trip to america with my grandfather i have to go with idaho here
amazing and diverse nature/landscape, lakes, mountains and plains (pretty much all you can ask for imo)
boise and pocatello are nice and cozy cities to hang around

being there at the right time in late summer/early autumn adds a lot as well

surely its a long way from the large cities and other well known places, but its certainly a great place to visit

Germany is very beautiful.

The states I am thinking about most are:
Oregon
New Hampshire (I would only visit one New England state I guess)
Wisconsin
Minnesota
And New York.

Oregon is like a fairytale state from what I have seen, New Hampshire as well. I saw a movie set in New Hampshire and it was like I could not even understand how beautiful was. Absolutely marvelous. Do Americans really realize how beautiful their country is? They really have everything.

Wisconsin looks fresh and green and sunny in a way that is refreshing somehow.

And Minnesota seem to be cozy overall. New York because of NYC, and upstate New York seems like a cozy place where I can retire and write my memoirs… :P

This post was edited by Tjo on Oct 5 2018 05:14pm
Gold: 5.00
Oct 6 2018 02:10pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 5 2018 09:48am)
anyone who saying anything other than Wisconsin, especially jealous Minnesota cucks, are wrong. Beer, check. Cheese, check. Jiggly women plumped up by beer flavored cheese, double check.

I agree, if you are an alcoholic, there is a lot to be jealous of. Bar dice CHECK, roady cups CHECK, bar close at 2:30 CHECK, liquor store open on Sunday check, $1 bottle beers any night of the week CHECK. Random cop chase through corn field at 3:30AM check! Also, Milwaukee is a shithole, gross as hell.

On the Minnesota front, pretty lame unless you are on the Mississippi, or up north past Duluth on the North Shore. Minnesota Nice = passive aggressive douche.

Nebraska is an armpit, so flat and boring as hell, just a pass through for truckers. They do have great beef and corn though.

Oregon is awesome, so many climates, best state I've visited.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Oct 6 2018 02:12pm
Gold: 1,790.00
Oct 6 2018 02:54pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll