d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Democrats Midterm Message
12356Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,276.00
Sep 27 2018 05:37pm
As the midterm elections approach I was thinking what exactly is the Democrat message or platform this election cycle. Maybe it's because I live in a very blue district, within one of the bluest states in the country but I haven't heard a single add, not a single article written, local news is not saying anything, nothing on the radio, etc.

All I see from Democrats is what's covered nationally but even that's lacking in substance and constantly overshadowed by the next circus. To me, they've become the anti-Trump party. It seems to me that the Democratic party is more reactive in nature than proactive on some large issues. Maybe some folks from purple states or states with seats on the line can bring up what exactly is the issue or platform they're seeing that is supposed to bring on the blue wave?
Gold: Locked
Sep 27 2018 05:41pm
Dems fucked themselves last cycle by taking too much. This time just let Trump hate drive voters.
Gold: 28,296.69
Sep 27 2018 05:42pm
the anti trump thing is strong enough and the young people and democrats seem to be energized enough to be showing up from indicators thus far

less people are identifying as republican and there will be voter complacency on the right

as well as the party in power always taking a hit in the midterms

generally are dems strong in message or political figures right now? no

are they strong enough for the blue wave anyway? I think the signs point that way so far
Gold: 4,400.67
Sep 27 2018 05:53pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 28 Sep 2018 01:37)
As the midterm elections approach I was thinking what exactly is the Democrat message or platform this election cycle. Maybe it's because I live in a very blue district, within one of the bluest states in the country but I haven't heard a single add, not a single article written, local news is not saying anything, nothing on the radio, etc.

All I see from Democrats is what's covered nationally but even that's lacking in substance and constantly overshadowed by the next circus. To me, they've become the anti-Trump party. It seems to me that the Democratic party is more reactive in nature than proactive on some large issues. Maybe some folks from purple states or states with seats on the line can bring up what exactly is the issue or platform they're seeing that is supposed to bring on the blue wave?

Their main message is "orange man bad". Sounds polemical, but I'm serious.

Quote (Beowulf @ 28 Sep 2018 01:42)
the anti trump thing is strong enough and the young people and democrats seem to be energized enough to be showing up from indicators thus far

less people are identifying as republican and there will be voter complacency on the right

are they strong enough for the blue wave anyway? I think the signs point that way so far

They are so incompetent that they needed Trump's help (by making several big blunders) to get anything going for the midterms.

Gold: 57.00
Sep 27 2018 05:55pm
this is their message

Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 27 2018 05:56pm
Manchin is pushing the healthcare message, while playing the moderate who will vote with Trump when it's good for his state.
Gold: 8,933.00
Sep 27 2018 06:00pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 27 2018 06:37pm)

That's because they are the anti-Trump party. And you're not going to hear any ads because it would be a waste of resources. They already have the blue votes and don't care about your local concerns.
Gold: 4,400.67
Sep 27 2018 06:03pm
Quote (Santara @ 28 Sep 2018 02:00)
That's because they are the anti-Trump party. And you're not going to hear any ads because it would be a waste of resources. They already have the blue votes and don't care about your local concerns.

Isnt this attitude the exact reason why they atrophied so badly on the local and state level during the obama years? And isnt this the reason why Trump was even able to conjure such a massive backlash from rural america? To me it seems highly moronic how the Dems seem to double down on their mistakes of the past.
Gold: 8,933.00
Sep 27 2018 06:04pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Sep 27 2018 06:42pm)

Yep. Voter complacency by Republicans coupled with "we have to unfuck this Trump business" energy by Democrats. Republicans are going to lose the House, and quite possibly the Senate.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 27 2018 06:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 27 Sep 2018 20:03)
Isnt this attitude the exact reason why they atrophied so badly on the local and state level during the obama years? And isnt this the reason why Trump was even able to conjure such a massive backlash from rural america? To me it seems highly moronic how the Dems seem to double down on their mistakes of the past.

They were granted a generational talent in Pres Obama.
Didn’t bother using his strategy when it came to Congressional elections. Calling everyone else racist seemed a better ploy.

Soon as his two terms were up they chucked his Presidential election-winning strategy aside because they’re the actual racists

This post was edited by excellence on Sep 27 2018 06:06pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12356Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll