d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Censorship Thread
Prev1109110111112113124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 26 2019 01:57pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jun 26 2019 01:46pm)
You owned yourself with such stupid "oh but look it's just a joke sub", end of story.

if only you frenchies took the right stuff seriously....

man thong in a bunch over a pile of idiots shitposting.

wait a sec, thinking of your career in PARD this actually makes perfect sense.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 26 2019 02:03pm
Learned that during the Make America Straight Again rally YouTube removed the live stream for hateful content.

This is clearly liberal bias at play. Why would YouTube think it needs to remove videos of churches calling for the death of gay people?

#FREESPEECH
Gold: 22,189.49
Jun 26 2019 02:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 26 2019 01:42pm)
i wont honestly get too scared until they start the 1 day auto bans for users run by an algorithm, and nor will most other people. seems to me to be too much "they could" and not enough "they will" in these conversations.

When reddit is shutting down the_donald it seems like an odd time for you to take the tack that 'it hasn't reached critical mass yet'
Gold: 260.11
Jun 26 2019 02:09pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 26 2019 02:07pm)
When reddit is shutting down the_donald it seems like an odd time for you to take the tack that 'it hasn't reached critical mass yet'

Have you ever been there? They did you a favor in terms of optics. Might as well be complaining that they banned r/incel
Jun 26 2019 02:14pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 26 2019 02:09pm)
Have you ever been there? They did you a favor in terms of optics. Might as well be complaining that they banned r/incel

weird how most threads look like this;
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5k62se/ive_seen_more_happy_hanukkahs_on_here_than_on/

Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 26 2019 02:16pm
Lol quarantined
Gold: 5,016.77
Jun 26 2019 02:16pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 26 2019 02:42pm)
by banning Alex Jones, Milo, and Gavin?

honestly to my eyes it looks like they're hardly trying at all. if anything their usage of the user report system as a mechanism hamstrings them.

there still hasn't been one person who's been banned that was anything but controversial and extreme in their rhetoric, even if it was all a joke.

i wont honestly get too scared until they start the 1 day auto bans for users run by an algorithm, and nor will most other people. seems to me to be too much "they could" and not enough "they will" in these conversations.

people really do like to bitch that the user reported system is unfair, and that human response time is too slow and too cumbersome. those people are morons. those people are welcoming the algorithmic overlord moderator that will be the real end of free speech. we need to find a way to self-regulate, at least within some bounds, or we're all finished.

It's hard for me to fill my care cup when it's only loony, provocative, somewhat hateful right-wingers being deplatformed. Can anyone name a serious person who has been kicked off social media?

Plus I tend to have a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" attitude about this. I'm opposed to the left, I suppose it's possible that serious right-wingers could someday be deplatformed for no good reason, but right now anything that triggers the perpetual whiners of the Trump cult brings me joy.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 26 2019 02:27pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jun 26 2019 02:07pm)

Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 26 2019 01:42pm)

the_donald is a troll sub of shills being purposefully provocative. they aren't to be taken seriously, neither in their threats nor now in their silence. Reddit is silly to ban them, the people who took them seriously to get them banned are silly, and the people acting like the loss of the subforum is a noteable thing are silly.

they can just brigade another sub or create another one entirely. reddit doesnt even have many safety mechanisms against account creation, as you know.

i think many people should seriously consider where this is leading. seriously consider if creating the golem will result in a rampaging monster. consider if their qualms with current algorithms and human judgement calls are worse than the alternative future prospects. bitch about censorship all you want, it just leads to a machine telling us what's appropriate. a machine that tells you that your disagreement with their judgements are also banworthy offenses. a machine that doesnt sleep and reads 5 million messages a second, for context.

or the alternative is the end of social media. there are but 2 paths, we're at a crossroads. you can choose silence or machine ensures silence.

Quote (IceMage @ Jun 26 2019 02:16pm)
It's hard for me to fill my care cup when it's only loony, provocative, somewhat hateful right-wingers being deplatformed. Can anyone name a serious person who has been kicked off social media?

Plus I tend to have a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" attitude about this. I'm opposed to the left, I suppose it's possible that serious right-wingers could someday be deplatformed for no good reason, but right now anything that triggers the perpetual whiners of the Trump cult brings me joy.

the tech giants know what they're doing, they pick unpopular people and leave the right with nothing but "what if it happens to someone you like". but once it's a blanket over us all everyone will be upset, and no one can do a thing.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jun 26 2019 02:28pm
Jun 26 2019 02:31pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 26 2019 02:16pm)

PragerU? Jordan Peterson? Marsha Blackburn? Jesse Kelly? The movie Unplanned? Dan Scavino Jr? Count Dankula? The Conservative Tribune? American Spectator? Ray Blanchard?
The list goes on and on and its documented in this thread
Gold: 633.87
Jun 26 2019 02:34pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jun 26 2019 03:16pm)

Visionaries are already taking the next step.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2019/06/26/anti-trump_crafters_a_decade-long_unraveling_140648.html

Supporting Trump is on par with supporting white supremacy, shut it down.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1109110111112113124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll