d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Uefa Nations League > Do We Care About This?
12324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,570.91
Sep 4 2018 01:19am

So, here it is, the new competition UEFA came up with to try to milk more money reduce the amount of friendlies in the international calendar.

Any thoughts on this? I see little hype about this, and I can't blame anyone as I myself feel like I don't care much about this. I do think it's nice that we're getting rid of some friendlies though. Better some silly official tournament than meaningless test games.

I do like the idea of a Nations League... in fact it's something that I've always envisioned, but not with this format. I was hoping for something closer to Rugby's 6 Nations, but with promotions and relegations between tiers. I think that would be more exciting than the current thing. Plus the whole qualifying for the Euro thing is a bit confusing.

But anyways, lets see how this goes. Hopefully it's a fun experience.
Gold: 2,570.91
Sep 4 2018 01:28am

I quite like the team Luis Enrique picked, but going with Morata over Aspas is some kind of bad joke. Note that Aspas is going after all though, because Diego Costa will be out and Celta's striker has been called up to replace him.

No Koke is nice. The guy hasn't performed well in 2 years, and if he wasn't an Atlético icon he probably would've been dropped earlier.

Lol'd with Alba not going though. Seems like Luis Enrique isn't going to easily forgive the two jabs the player gave him in press conferences. This could be an opportunity for Marcos Alonso, who got less chances than what he probably deserved under Lopetegui.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 4 2018 02:47am
dno but i somehow cant take this league serious.its more of a league of friendly matches but ill watch it ofc
Gold: 1,649.45
Sep 4 2018 03:35am
I mean, it gives smaller nations like us (Hungary) a "better" chance to qualify for the Euros once again. Will definitely watch.
Gold: 150.69
Sep 4 2018 03:57am
Quote (Rehmos @ Sep 4 2018 10:35am)
I mean, it gives smaller nations like us (Hungary) a "better" chance to qualify for the Euros once again. Will definitely watch.

I think that's the whole point of it tbh, atleast one petit nation like luxembourg could go.
Gold: 2,423.00
Sep 4 2018 03:59am
Horrible shit
Gold: 4,383.11
Sep 4 2018 04:15am
actually its not a bad idea, but with the state of the german national team my hype is close to zero

i hope france will destroy us on thursday
Gold: 9,277.00
Sep 4 2018 04:26am
Iceland in division A with the big boys B)

We have new coaches now, Erik Hamrén from Sweden as the manager and assisting him is our local Freyr Alexanderson who is also the manager of the women's A team. Which he's taking to the World Cup.

First impressions of Erik are good imo, I like his personality and think he'll do well. Already bought tickets to the home game versus Belgium. Also looking forward to his team debut against Swiss on saturday.

Warn: 30%
Sep 4 2018 07:03am
Quote (ampoo @ 4 Sep 2018 11:15)
actually its not a bad idea, but with the state of the german national team my hype is close to zero

i hope france will destroy us on thursday

if there was the slightest hope this would have an impact on management and coaching staff i'd agree. however, it's pretty clear they are bullet proof - not even the most humiliating performance in german national team history could shake them. so i don't want to see our boys 'destroyed' by france - even though i don't particularly care about this league...

Quote (Oddish @ 4 Sep 2018 11:26)
Iceland in division A with the big boys

We have new coaches now, Erik Hamrén from Sweden as the manager and assisting him is our local Freyr Alexanderson who is also the manager of the women's A team. Which he's taking to the World Cup.

First impressions of Erik are good imo, I like his personality and think he'll do well. Already bought tickets to the home game versus Belgium. Also looking forward to his team debut against Swiss on saturday.

well, you certainly deserve to be there considering your performances in recent tournaments. would like to see you do well, really like your boys - that's proper honest and passionate football you're playing.

This post was edited by fender on Sep 4 2018 07:07am
Sep 4 2018 07:10am
Meh. I'll watch it but not exactly hyped over it. At least it's better than pointless friendlies and might yield a bit of entertainment.
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
12324Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll