d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Summon Necro > Questions
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 31,282.50
Aug 27 2018 03:06pm
so how often would iron golem die in chaos? any one have an approximation?
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 27 2018 03:40pm
For me, he never died and I've did tons of Chaos runs with my Summoner.
Remember, You have 20ish Skeleton, 20ish Revive(maybe more). that's 40 different targets. Add Merc and your Golem.

The chance that he will gets hit is very low. Also, the golem wont instant die if he gets hit. He loses enough HP to put his HP bar(Top Left Corner) in the Yellow(Almost Red).

**Correct me if I'm wrong**
The Iron Golem when summoned with a weapon, he gain the Weapon Range as Bonus stats, allowing him to attack from farther(if summoned with a polearm) and through your Skeletons front line.
Gold: 175.01
Aug 27 2018 04:29pm
Quote (RenTed @ Aug 27 2018 05:40pm)
**Correct me if I'm wrong**
The Iron Golem when summoned with a weapon, he gain the Weapon Range as Bonus stats, allowing him to attack from farther(if summoned with a polearm) and through your Skeletons front line.

edit: I was wrong, I think merc is the one that doesn't get attack range

This post was edited by Worrywart on Aug 27 2018 04:32pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 28 2018 03:39am
Quote (Worrywart @ 27 Aug 2018 18:29)
edit: I was wrong, I think merc is the one that doesn't get attack range

Still, I'm not even sure if its true or not. I haven't found anything that confirm nor deny it.
Aug 29 2018 03:16pm
does the life tap bug on iron golem depend on weapon strength? i recall when i made golem from shity armor it never took any damage, and now, i made is from high damage eth insight and it get hit really hard very fast during life tap. Should i perhaps make golem from shittiest polearm i can find? or that's nothing to do with it?
Gold: Locked
Aug 29 2018 03:41pm
Quote (RenTed @ Aug 28 2018 04:39am)
Still, I'm not even sure if its true or not. I haven't found anything that confirm nor deny it.

make a bonewall and see if golem can attack through it
Sep 6 2018 01:48am
So i confirmed and indeed if you make iron golem from shitty polearm insight it almost does not take any damage while Life Tap on. I guess it's a good solution, considering Iron Golem is not really a damage dealer anyways
Gold: 15,245.00
Sep 6 2018 09:40am
Quote (Recharge @ Aug 24 2018 05:29pm)
The advice here is great. Just wanted to add that you shouldn’t even be summoning mages, even with 1 pt invested. The reason is that cold mages melt corpses and deny you a CE opportunity.

The one scenario where they’re useful is slowing/poisoning bosses when you’re badly geared e.g. hell ancients untwinked.

Just unsummon the cold mages as they raise up...

Mages are pretty good against physical immuned, and poison mages are nice to stop regeneration (taking Ubers into consideration here).

1 point into Mages is usually enough, with tons of +skill a necromancer should have.
Keep in mind Mages receive the full benefit of +skills, contrary to many other skills on which increasing synergies via items is pointless.

If you have some free skill points, then increasing Mages is an option, better in my eyes than increasing Bone armor's synergies, probably not as good as increasing Amplify radius.

Quote (iKewl @ Aug 26 2018 04:49pm)
Final Gear-Invent -Merc - Stash

shako w/ um
Mp Nigma
arach
x2 bks
Trangs gloves
hoto
darkforce
Marrows / travs in stash
maras
cta/lidless

Invent-
Torch
anni
5-6 summ gcs
5-6 all resis scs

Merc-
Eth fort
ecv insight
Andies

Stash-
Beast double axe
Homu w/ um

Skills /
Maxed - skeles / Skele mast / Corpse explosion / golem mastery
1 into all curses but attract / confuse
1 into bone armor
1 into bs / bs
1 into bw / bp

Thank you everyone for the help with my first Character in 3-4 year yet alone on ladder as well!
These are my final build! If you have any suggestions please let me know!

If I do no mistake, you're at 110% fcr, where 75% and 125% are the breakpoints.
You should either :
reach 125% with Spirit and fcr ring,
or :
stay at 75% with Homunculus or Boneflame (more mana with the first, +1 skills with the second).

I would also trade BK for SoJ, casting CE chains being highly mana-consuming...

Colossus voulge on mercenary let you reach 5.5/11 frames at best (jab/standard attack), whereas with Thresher or Giant thresher, it could be 4.5/10 :
Thresher/GT Infinity
35ias Andariel
45ias Treachery

If you reconsider your main build and equip Beast instead of HotO, then check again your mercenary's breakpoints...

And finally, I don't think there's a real usage for bone wall, bone prison, bone spear, bone spirit. Just add some points into Amplify (that should match, at least, CE radius).

Quote (Sladeinflame7 @ Sep 6 2018 08:48am)
So i confirmed and indeed if you make iron golem from shitty polearm insight it almost does not take any damage while Life Tap on. I guess it's a good solution, considering Iron Golem is not really a damage dealer anyways

Hence a non etheral normal style Pride is the best choice for Iron Golem.
Pride Voulge : damage = 6-21 (and 20% deadly strike...)
Mine didn't have any problem in any situation !
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll