d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Resident Evil 7
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,946.71
Aug 22 2018 03:35pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 20 2018 10:36pm)
This is exactly what I'm talking about... why isn't it an RE game? Just because it doesn't expand on the lore? Like I already said, it plays like an RE game, the combat feels like an RE game, the creepy factor is the best it's been since RE1 or 2, this shit was WAY creepier than any of the recent games and it's got all the same crazy secrets/extras that make RE games so special. Whether or not you're upset with it not following the same fucking story we've heard over and over for 20 years now doesn't mean it's not an RE game lol. If it looks like an RE game, if it feels like an RE game and if it's called an RE game... Guess what, it's an RE game.

Quote (Exemplary @ Aug 21 2018 06:17pm)
Seconded. But i do wish there was abit more lore to tie in the game to other characters in the series. Though it does a great job expanding on umbrella as a company and what it is they've been doing

so every game that feels "creepy" and has "secrets" plays like an RE game? interesting inclusive criteria. to my point, I am not "upset" at all because I played the game and all the DLC that was offered. I loved RE7, it was an amazing game. that doesn't take away from the claim that it could have been called zombiehouse and nothing would have changed. It seems you became triggered at the notion it does not fit as well in the RE franchise than others. objectively it is novel to any RE game in terms of gameplay. objectively it indeed neglects most of the lore up to this point, congruently failing to expand on any of it as well. being creepy allows it to fit in the survival horror franchise, RE does not have sole claim on this franchise. did Dino crisis "feel" like an RE game? yes. Did it look like an RE game? yes. is it a survival horror game? yes. is it a RE game? no.

this critique was well recognized by the developers who made a strong attempt to fix this critique with the DLC they provided, which was also amazing. the final product became a game that fit better with the RE franchise, which it sounds like you haven't even played.

the lore of every canon game RE1-RE6 did indeed expand on the lore, despite how horrid 6 was. RE1-3+ CV were all creepy, and all had absolutely different stories expanding on the RE timeline. They went a different direction with RE4-6 + revelation series in that it was less creepy and more action, however each had their individual story and expanded the storyline contrary to your claims.

This post was edited by Bazi on Aug 22 2018 03:41pm
Gold: 1,527.69
Aug 23 2018 04:17pm
does the banned footage worth it?

im thinking on getting the game + end of zoe since its cheaper than buying with the season pass
Gold: 85.00
Aug 23 2018 06:47pm
Quote (Bazi @ Aug 22 2018 01:35pm)
so every game that feels "creepy" and has "secrets" plays like an RE game? interesting inclusive criteria. to my point, I am not "upset" at all because I played the game and all the DLC that was offered. I loved RE7, it was an amazing game. that doesn't take away from the claim that it could have been called zombiehouse and nothing would have changed. It seems you became triggered at the notion it does not fit as well in the RE franchise than others. objectively it is novel to any RE game in terms of gameplay. objectively it indeed neglects most of the lore up to this point, congruently failing to expand on any of it as well. being creepy allows it to fit in the survival horror franchise, RE does not have sole claim on this franchise. did Dino crisis "feel" like an RE game? yes. Did it look like an RE game? yes. is it a survival horror game? yes. is it a RE game? no.

this critique was well recognized by the developers who made a strong attempt to fix this critique with the DLC they provided, which was also amazing. the final product became a game that fit better with the RE franchise, which it sounds like you haven't even played.

the lore of every canon game RE1-RE6 did indeed expand on the lore, despite how horrid 6 was. RE1-3+ CV were all creepy, and all had absolutely different stories expanding on the RE timeline. They went a different direction with RE4-6 + revelation series in that it was less creepy and more action, however each had their individual story and expanded the storyline contrary to your claims.

I mean if it was called zombie house pretty sure theyd get sued by capcom what with basically the second half of the game being all about umbrella. Your right that i havent played dlc. Bought the game when it was released still 8.5/10 imo and still wanna do a replay with vr lok
Aug 24 2018 06:03am
Quote (Exemplary @ Aug 23 2018 07:47pm)
I mean if it was called zombie house pretty sure theyd get sued by capcom what with basically the second half of the game being all about umbrella. Your right that i havent played dlc. Bought the game when it was released still 8.5/10 imo and still wanna do a replay with vr lok

Err...no. You’re talking about when you played as Mia? Umbrella doesn’t exist anymore and it gave no aforemention to an actual bioterrorist unit akin to umbrella. The reference to umbrella occurred at the end in the helicopter scene, “blue umbrella” - which is expanded on in the DLC

This post was edited by Bazi on Aug 24 2018 06:04am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 25 2018 08:05pm
Quote (Bazi @ Aug 24 2018 05:03am)
Err...no. You’re talking about when you played as Mia? Umbrella doesn’t exist anymore and it gave no aforemention to an actual bioterrorist unit akin to umbrella. The reference to umbrella occurred at the end in the helicopter scene, “blue umbrella” - which is expanded on in the DLC

A game called Resident Evil that plays EXACTLY like an RE game is an RE game. It's just pointless to complain about them not expanding on the lore after they've been expanding it for 20 fucking years. Why is them doing a one-off such an affront to you or anyone else? It makes noooooooooo sense. Is it a good game? Yes. Is the story as entertaining as any other RE game since 4? Yes. Why the fuck do people care if it's not following the same people we've been following for 2 decades? Only God knows why fanboys complain about the most ridiculous shit.

I love how me saying it's exactly like an RE game in every way with the exception that it focuses less on the lore that it's predecessors, makes you think "so every game that feels "creepy" and has "secrets" plays like an RE game?".. Like, the fuck?

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Aug 25 2018 08:06pm
Aug 26 2018 07:51am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Aug 25 2018 09:05pm)
A game called Resident Evil that plays EXACTLY like an RE game is an RE game. It's just pointless to complain about them not expanding on the lore after they've been expanding it for 20 fucking years. Why is them doing a one-off such an affront to you or anyone else? It makes noooooooooo sense. Is it a good game? Yes. Is the story as entertaining as any other RE game since 4? Yes. Why the fuck do people care if it's not following the same people we've been following for 2 decades? Only God knows why fanboys complain about the most ridiculous shit.

I love how me saying it's exactly like an RE game in every way with the exception that it focuses less on the lore that it's predecessors, makes you think "so every game that feels "creepy" and has "secrets" plays like an RE game?".. Like, the fuck?

You are repeating your same words adding nothing extra. I tried to get a grasp of what you meant by stating “feels exactly like a RE game” but it’s a vague statement without anything specific other than your own words “creepy and secrets”. Basically your post is just a rantish repeat of your first post without anything elaborated on. Furthermore you are grossly exaggerating my own critique of the game with over the top rhetoric, or is this normally how you talk? I will repeat, your inclusive criteria is flawed and what you are saying “makes” a RE game is not mutuallly inclusive criteria but rather criteria that fits for any survival horror game. I don’t care about lack of same characters or furthering a previous plot, you are overreaching in assuming those are the only ways to link it to the parent story. We may have to agree to disagree.

This post was edited by Bazi on Aug 26 2018 08:08am
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll