d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > "server Upgrade" Tonight! > Whats This Mean?
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,065.00
Aug 13 2018 05:33pm
banwave? no more bots? price skyrocket?
Gold: 69.69
Aug 13 2018 05:39pm
What i think:

How many version of diablo 2 you can activate per account?
ONE

How will they try to counter this ?
By making other account and revealing their ip to battle.net

How will they hide their ip? :
Going to timhorton / use vpn

What is bannable :
Use vpn / people wont run d2 bot at tim horton

So
Rip to alot of bot
And rip d2mr

This post was edited by Religious09 on Aug 13 2018 05:39pm
Gold: 620.79
Aug 13 2018 06:39pm
Quote (Religious09 @ Aug 13 2018 07:39pm)
What i think:

How many version of diablo 2 you can activate per account?
ONE

How will they try to counter this ?
By making other account and revealing their ip to battle.net

How will they hide their ip? :
Going to timhorton / use vpn

What is bannable :
Use vpn / people wont run d2 bot at tim horton

So
Rip to alot of bot
And rip d2mr

They've already blocked most vpns.

I dont see why they haven't just pulled servers offline already.
Gold: 485.00
Aug 13 2018 07:42pm
So my CD key from 2006 will not work anymore? I don't even know what the CD key is anymore haha
My old CD-Rom drive was super noisy many years ago and I found out about a patch you could download to play D2 without a CD...
so for the last 10 years I have been copying and pasting the whole D2 folder from computer to computer when I upgrade.
No idea where my old CD's went, and no idea what my CD key is :rofl:
Gold: Locked
Aug 13 2018 07:46pm
Quote (Kiwi89 @ Aug 13 2018 08:42pm)
So my CD key from 2006 will not work anymore? I don't even know what the CD key is anymore haha
My old CD-Rom drive was super noisy many years ago and I found out about a patch you could download to play D2 without a CD...
so for the last 10 years I have been copying and pasting the whole D2 folder from computer to computer when I upgrade.
No idea where my old CD's went, and no idea what my CD key is :rofl:

see ya in another life brother
Gold: 485.00
Aug 13 2018 07:51pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Aug 14 2018 09:46am)
see ya in another life brother

hahaha... the $99 price tag of the game back then stung so much! (especially since I was on like 6 dollars an hour BEFORE tax)
But it has provided many hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours worth of enjoyment.

Now, the question is, do I buy another CD key from Blizzard? hmmm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 13 2018 07:57pm
so were not avaiable to use sandboxie anymore?? what should i do with my old cdkey from when the game started?
Gold: Locked
Aug 13 2018 07:58pm
Quote (Kiwi89 @ Aug 13 2018 08:51pm)
hahaha... the $99 price tag of the game back then stung so much! (especially since I was on like 6 dollars an hour BEFORE tax)
But it has provided many hundreds (maybe thousands) of hours worth of enjoyment.

Now, the question is, do I buy another CD key from Blizzard? hmmm

wait after the new servers are up to learn about new bugs
Gold: 836.00
Aug 13 2018 08:34pm
I use sandboxie with my 24 digit keys

I've only had 24 digit keys since 2009

I don't see how this will effect ANYONE for ANYTHING unless you use a stolen key that other people also use, in which you just hope to geto nline using it when they are offline. As once its registered to a bnet account, u wont have said key anymore.

If you don't remember your key, grab it from your mpq, register it at bnet, you get a 24 digit key.

One of my two sets of keys is my ORIGINAL set from when diablo II was released. I haven't owned a computer with a cd/dvd rom slot since around 2006 or 2007, when I started using USB for windows install as well as media in the car. Back then, I was predicting that cd's/dvd's would be eliminated within a few years, and games/movies would soon just be released on flash drives LOL! (this was before everyone had super fast internet for next to nothing). Well that never happened.

That said, I just download the online installer. I can download d2/lod probably faster than a cd rom can read it off the disk.
Gold: 836.00
Aug 13 2018 08:42pm
Sandboxie is just a virtual program. I never even heard of it before coming back to d2 a couple months ago. It's a little more efficient for d2's use than what was going to be my "go to" before finding out about it, I was just going to use virtual box. I still have virtualbox installed, its lovely being able to daily drive windows, and have Kali linux when I need it, or if I want to play an ancient game with no fuss, windows xp ready to go.

I don't even think this will affect botters. I don't understand why people need to rotate keys to bot. The only reason they need to do that is if they go over 20 games per hour per cd key/ip. I don't know exactly how the realm downs happen (no one knows 100% for sure) but what I do know is people don't get realm downs if they do no more than 20 runs per hour per ip/cd key.

I wouldn't have still had my diablo keys, my warcraft 3 key, or my original starcraft key if I didn't register them to my bnet account almost 10 years ago. Here is what it looks like on the bnet account, just click the game, it opensa page with your cd key and links to download the installer

It's extremely easy, I thought everyone knew this or did it years ago, except for maybe people who had a reason not to do it (stolen keys, maybe some hack that only uses 16 digit keys?)

battle.net, login to your battle.net account or create one (not sure how someone could play blizzard games for 20 years and never had a battle.net account?!), go to your account settings page, click the add key button. You can add any blizzard game you want, and it's tied to your account for life.

Note, your entire account does NOT get shut down if you get caught say, botting in world of warcraft. You don't even get other warcraft accounts shut down. At least in my experience.

This post was edited by Towlieee on Aug 13 2018 08:55pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll