d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Server Rewrite Beta Testing
12369Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Admin
Gold: 22,279.75
Trader: Trusted
Jul 23 2018 07:08am
Hey all,

It's that time! I could use as many people playing and helping test as possible. The goals of this phase is to stress test the server (performance) as well as try and find any errant bugs that may still exist. They could be anything from big bugs that crash the server to smaller ones that just aren't working right. An example would be, maybe a certain skilling isn't giving experience, or only gives max or minimum experience, or some other known effect isn't happening. For instance, I fixed an issue in the rewrite where combat proficiencies weren't capped in fights.

If you're unsure, always compare to the current live server. I won't have time to reply to every post asking "is this normal?"

Notes:
All purchases will take forum gold.
Renaming characters is full cost.
Market is full cost as listed, but you also will make fg on anything that sells. The gold log IDs won't link to proper in game IDs of course, so keep that in mind.
Vault is 1fg per slot instead of 50. Guild vaults are 2fg.
The bonus event is NOT affecting the beta server.
** All characters and items and progress will stay on the beta server, and is subject to being wiped at any point as needed in the future.
If you get kicked from the game, it probably crashed. Just try reconnecting, and barring that, a few minutes later. I will be monitoring for crash bugs and try and fix and relaunch ASAP. I may also restart the server intermittently to apply various patches as necessary
Guild Vault Transfers are not 100% done yet
- Forum Stat Updating isn't turned on, eg, you won't see live updates for gold, pms, etc.
- Guild Points - YES, you get actual Guild Points for however you earn them on beta. You get to keep these.

I know this is competing with a pretty decent event that just spawned, but the more people we can get playing, the sooner I can get this released. My goal still stands of getting 5-10 people to MQ before moving to the next phase of testing.

Here is a link that will get you to the beta server:
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/ls_ws_3/index.php

Thanks all!

edit:
We're now just in general testing/bug searching mode now. I'm going to tentatively plan on starting phase 2 on Monday. I will save and restore all the current characters and equipment, etc, after phase 2, so you won't lose your progress towards MQ if you're trying to get there for your point(s). I will try and give you guys an update on Sunday on whether we're go for Monday or not.

I do have a number of other things I want to work on in the interim, so there may be some regression testing needed.

edit2:
We are a go to start phase 2 tomorrow, Monday July 30th.

edit3:
Phase 2 is now live!
All of your live gear is copied to the dev server, so we can test balance with all the new changes and tweaks. I am seeking groups to do a bunch of master quests, and yes, you get the points for it. I don't suggest using the market, since this is very temporary, but that's up to you. The plan is to leave this live for a day or two, then I will evaluate the data results (drops, etc).

Thanks everyone!
Gold: 435.09
Jul 23 2018 07:12am
I died, and there was no log in text stating this. Death count also = 0
Admin
Jul 23 2018 07:13am
Quote (Juston @ Jul 23 2018 08:12am)
I died, and there was no log in text stating this. Death count also = 0

It appears you timed out and went back to town. Existing safety feature.
Jul 23 2018 07:16am
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 23 2018 10:13am)
It appears you timed out and went back to town. Existing safety feature.

i thought that too, but my life was at 0, perhaps they happened at the same time?
i dies again to see and it worked as normal.

This post was edited by Juston on Jul 23 2018 07:16am
Jul 23 2018 07:22am
Also, we have 3 objectives available regardless of our level, in instance, i am lvl 3 and have completed Maze and Bits, and now have Pinch(lvl 6), hack(Lvl 10) and shamans(lvl 11) active.
Gold: 5.27
Jul 23 2018 07:30am
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 23 2018 06:08am)
Hey all,

It's that time! I could use as many people playing and helping test as possible. The goals of this phase is to stress test the server (performance) as well as try and find any errant bugs that may still exist. They could be anything from big bugs that crash the server to smaller ones that just aren't working right. An example would be, maybe a certain skilling isn't giving experience, or only gives max or minimum experience, or some other known effect isn't happening. For instance, I fixed an issue in the rewrite where combat proficiencies weren't capped in fights.

If you're unsure, always compare to the current live server. I won't have time to reply to every post asking "is this normal?"

Notes:
All purchases will take forum gold.
Renaming characters is full cost.
Market is full cost as listed, but you also will make fg on anything that sells. The gold log IDs won't link to proper in game IDs of course, so keep that in mind.
Vault is 1fg per slot instead of 50. Guild vaults are 2fg.
The bonus event is NOT affecting the beta server.
** All characters and items and progress will stay on the beta server, and is subject to being wiped at any point as needed in the future.
If you get kicked from the game, it probably crashed. Just try reconnecting, and barring that, a few minutes later. I will be monitoring for crash bugs and try and fix and relaunch ASAP. I may also restart the server intermittently to apply various patches as necessary
Guild Vault Transfers are not 100% done yet
- Forum Stat Updating isn't turned on, eg, you won't see live updates for gold, pms, etc.

I know this is competing with a pretty decent event that just spawned, but the more people we can get playing, the sooner I can get this released. My goal still stands of getting 5-10 people to MQ before moving to the next phase of testing.

Here is a link that will get you to the beta server:
https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/ls_ws_3/index.php

Thanks all!

Ty was fun for the 1 min i played on phone
Admin
Jul 23 2018 07:30am
Quote (Juston @ Jul 23 2018 08:22am)
Also, we have 3 objectives available regardless of our level, in instance, i am lvl 3 and have completed Maze and Bits, and now have Pinch(lvl 6), hack(Lvl 10) and shamans(lvl 11) active.

This should be fixed now.

Oh, and I can live patch some things now. ;)
Gold: 10,683.52
Jul 23 2018 07:35am
Just was in cata with 0 life and it let me keep going. I took a screen shot if you want
Gold: 105,555.55
Jul 23 2018 07:36am
did it just go down? :D
Gold: 7,863.56
Jul 23 2018 07:37am
Would LOVE a voice channel -- and I got D/C'd
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12369Next
Closed New Topic New Poll