d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Proving The Earth Is A Sphere
Prev191011
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Aug 8 2018 04:05pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Aug 8 2018 02:02pm)
I saw lol, but my evidence is better.

i was trying to say in pm whaat this video was.

feels like theres going to be a copout for not giving this 1k
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Aug 8 2018 04:06pm
Quote (hunter_1 @ Aug 8 2018 06:05pm)
i was trying to say in pm whaat this video was.

feels like theres going to be a copout for not giving this 1k

We will see.
Gold: 399.37
Aug 8 2018 04:10pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Aug 8 2018 03:48pm)
I'll post one simple video. Would love to hear your counter arguments to all these points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4WjyTV98lg

You can't see the Rocky Mountains not because of the curvature, but because of the vanishing point of your perspective, you can spend 1 minute on youtube finding videos of people with powerful cameras zooming in on objects 40+ miles away that should be hidden below the curve of the earth, yet they can be seen. The same with boats, after it disappears, you can use a more powerful ocular device to see the object again.

Flat Earth astronomy is probably too complicated to discuss here, it will go over your head and probably goes over mine, it is a subject I'm currently looking more into but is perhaps the most promising in regards to proving the shape of the Earth.

Every picture of the Earth from space is a composite photoshopped image, this is a fact NASA admits to and is not speculation. "Satellites" are not far enough away to take a full image, so they have to take a bunch of pictures and put them together. NASA has a history of lying which can also be easily verified with 5 minutes on Google. Their incentive is something like $50billion a year, and of course the original goal of winning the space race to effectively bankrupt the Soviet Union. The only unedited photo of the Earth is from the Apollo mission and you can't see any landmass, and there are also problems with this image not being able to see any stars in the black of space around the Earth.

I look forward to other points you're able to bring forth, or a counterpoint to what I've posted, or more information on how astronomy proves the Earth's shape. Thanks.
Gold: 90.58
Aug 8 2018 04:16pm
Quote (Pensacola @ Aug 8 2018 02:10pm)
Every picture of the Earth from space is a composite photoshopped image, this is a fact NASA admits to and is not speculation. "Satellites" are not far enough away to take a full image, so they have to take a bunch of pictures and put them together. NASA has a history of lying which can also be easily verified with 5 minutes on Google. Their incentive is something like $50billion a year, and of course the original goal of winning the space race to effectively bankrupt the Soviet Union. The only unedited photo of the Earth is from the Apollo mission and you can't see any landmass, and there are also problems with this image not being able to see any stars in the black of space around the Earth.

Untrue and now you are spreading misinformation / propaganda. This is not science related at all.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Aug 8 2018 04:16pm
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Aug 8 2018 04:17pm
Quote (Pensacola @ Aug 8 2018 06:10pm)
You can't see the Rocky Mountains not because of the curvature, but because of the vanishing point of your perspective, you can spend 1 minute on youtube finding videos of people with powerful cameras zooming in on objects 40+ miles away that should be hidden below the curve of the earth, yet they can be seen. The same with boats, after it disappears, you can use a more powerful ocular device to see the object again.

Flat Earth astronomy is probably too complicated to discuss here, it will go over your head and probably goes over mine, it is a subject I'm currently looking more into but is perhaps the most promising in regards to proving the shape of the Earth.

I look forward to other points you're able to bring forth, or a counterpoint to what I've posted, or more information on how astronomy proves the Earth's shape. Thanks.

Let's get away from pictures NASA takes, that seems to be 1 thing you jump to the most.

What about the live stream view of the globe from the International Space Station, not to mention all the astronauts who have personally seen the Earth from orbit. Flat Earthers claim that all images of the globe are fraudulent inventions, and all testimony from astronauts is false. It is unreasonable to dismiss all of the evidence from the entire history of space exploration, especially when there is zero evidence for a decades-long “globularist” conspiracy.

This post was edited by D_urRRR on Aug 8 2018 04:17pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev191011
Closed New Topic New Poll