d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Pain Killers And Exercise For The Science Gurus > Eg Cloudkicker
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.31
Aug 1 2018 08:46am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Aug 1 2018 07:11am)
there is no rehabing arthritis. arthritis is inflammation in the cartilaginous sliding tissues of the joint. the articulations are wearing down abnormally and hotspots of inflammation are the product of tissues experiencing loading that dont normally. arthritis will wax and wane as you introduce irritating stimuli (ie. moving with bad mechanics). i dont know about their diagnostic method of painkillers to R/O labral tear vs arthritis, they are very highly trained professionals though.

your pain comes from bad joint mechanics +/- genetic factors in the first place. i dont think pain killers will necessarily make you feel more flexible than you are (leading to injury), but i think that painkillers will muffle acute pain signalling that normally tells you when you're overstressing a tissue. for example, someone who normally gets patellar tendonitis from off axis patellar loading/valgus knee force may experience reduced pain signalling and continue to load in a dysfunctional/injurious way leading to chronic injury.

i know of suggestions that NSAIDs may alter immune mediated repair signalling in muscle tissue post exercise but i dont think the evidence is strong enough to convince anybody to avoid mixing NSAIDs and exercise under normal circumstances, at this point in time. i could be wrong here

i personally just hate taking medication and try to avoid it if possible. i especially avoid pain killers of any kind just because im not a bitch and i dont like side effects for the sake of comfort.

chronic SI inflammation --> ball-and-socket joint replacement?..

Ive seen some papers showing how chronic nsaid usage promotes macrophages towards a m1 (inflammatory) subset rather than m2(would healing)

Didnt read into the paper just brushed over it.
Seems reasonable tho.. the m1 m2 shift is largely dependent on extracellular factors, maybe a lack of proinflammatory markers in the body forces the macrophages to compensate by skewing the m1 m2 towards a massive m1??

You have 0strength gain now but atleast you reduce solid tumor chances?

Curls for girls > cancer
Gold: 450.51
Aug 2 2018 01:58am
Jerry Ward pops an aspirine every single morning along with 20 other pills so it must be good.
Gold: 11.58
Aug 2 2018 02:13am
Quote (GodisLove @ Aug 2 2018 03:58am)
Jerry Ward pops an aspirine every single morning along with 20 other pills so it must be good.

so do heart disease patients
Gold: 6.66
Aug 4 2018 05:39pm
The guidelines for arthritis include paracetamol, nsaids, physical activity and weight loss. According to that there's no serious issue with careful activity. Just make sure you listen to the pain when on medication (and without but i guess that goes without saying). Talk to a doc if you're unsure. I wonder why the gym bros here hate on docs, it's not like they spent a good deal of time studying illnesses and injuries...

Quote (PinataParty @ Aug 1 2018 04:46pm)
Ive seen some papers showing how chronic nsaid usage promotes macrophages towards a m1 (inflammatory) subset rather than m2(would healing)

Didnt read into the paper just brushed over it.
Seems reasonable tho.. the m1 m2 shift is largely dependent on extracellular factors, maybe a lack of proinflammatory markers in the body forces the macrophages to compensate by skewing the m1 m2 towards a massive m1??

You have 0strength gain now but atleast you reduce solid tumor chances?

Curls for girls > cancer

Sounds like a stretch, idk if that's clinically relevant really
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll