d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Activity In Diablo?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 27.00
Jul 18 2018 02:47pm
Quote (Traak @ Jul 18 2018 10:37pm)
most of the d2 twitch streamers are actually playing slash or PoD

Yea I noticed that. That's not for me though. I want the authentic experience, even if that means therell be bugs :P

Quote (TidsL @ Jul 18 2018 10:39pm)
The fun thing is the build up of the chars tho...however if i do decide to continue playing some i dont have much on my mules anyway(Euscnl), so don't expect much :)

I've never completely built a character. I only really traded in-game back in the mid 2000s, back when windforces and sojs were everything people talked about :)
Gold: 33.00
Jul 18 2018 11:52pm
PoD pvm is far better, also Pvp is infected by modders

Play PoD or w8 for hd remaster/new content patch
Gold: 90.58
Jul 19 2018 12:40am
A lot more than D3's
Jul 19 2018 01:05am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Jul 19 2018 08:40am)
A lot more than D3's

Yea I have played D3 and Path of Exile a lot in the past years. They are both great games but they dont have that dark mysterious vibe to them.
After the responses on this topic I decided to buy Diablo II and so far it seems to be running smoothly online. I might encounter some of the bugs that TidsL spoke at some later point though.
Time to hack and slash!

This post was edited by MartinJenkin on Jul 19 2018 01:08am
Gold: 33.00
Jul 19 2018 03:00am
Play PoD/Slash dont support these mother fuckers whom trying to destory gameplay
Jul 19 2018 04:03am
Quote (MartinJenkin @ Jul 18 2018 11:05pm)
Yea I have played D3 and Path of Exile a lot in the past years. They are both great games but they dont have that dark mysterious vibe to them.
After the responses on this topic I decided to buy Diablo II and so far it seems to be running smoothly online. I might encounter some of the bugs that TidsL spoke at some later point though.
Time to hack and slash!

The thing that let me down with POE is the lack of PvP. Doesn't even come close to D2's. It's also made on such a shitty game engine, you can't even map with a full man party at end-game w/o extreme lag. To me, that's equivalent of doing a baal run with max players, and it's not even possible to enjoy that experience again. Mapping with 2-3 players is the only way for optimal game play, and even then it's a fucking lagfest. Their game engine also hinders and has a mostly negative influence on what build to create. Want a fun af build with a lot of projectiles? You will lag. Want a shitty build with no dmg? No lag. Want a "ok" build that does decent dmg, and no lag? Check! Now my build is what everyone else is doing! Let's do this one!

The incentivizing and replayability factors with D2's PvP paired with PvE is what made the game extremely addicting to me. Doing that fucking baal, chaos, etc run every night/morning, just to get that skill point so you can feel the dmg increase in PvP (and PvE!). That was FUN. That does not exist in PoE. Still waiting for an aRPG that has that.

No matter how much PvE shit POE keeps on adding, it'll never hold a candle to D2's level of addiction imo.

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jul 19 2018 04:25am
Jul 19 2018 08:35am
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Jul 19 2018 12:03pm)
The thing that let me down with POE is the lack of PvP. Doesn't even come close to D2's. It's also made on such a shitty game engine, you can't even map with a full man party at end-game w/o extreme lag. To me, that's equivalent of doing a baal run with max players, and it's not even possible to enjoy that experience again. Mapping with 2-3 players is the only way for optimal game play, and even then it's a fucking lagfest. Their game engine also hinders and has a mostly negative influence on what build to create. Want a fun af build with a lot of projectiles? You will lag. Want a shitty build with no dmg? No lag. Want a "ok" build that does decent dmg, and no lag? Check! Now my build is what everyone else is doing! Let's do this one!

The incentivizing and replayability factors with D2's PvP paired with PvE is what made the game extremely addicting to me. Doing that fucking baal, chaos, etc run every night/morning, just to get that skill point so you can feel the dmg increase in PvP (and PvE!). That was FUN. That does not exist in PoE. Still waiting for an aRPG that has that.

No matter how much PvE shit POE keeps on adding, it'll never hold a candle to D2's level of addiction imo.

I agree on most of your points regarding POE, but I still enjoy the game for the complexity of builds. That is one of the things that i enjoyed about Diablo II, which POE incorporated beautifully.

Jul 19 2018 01:56pm
Quote (MartinJenkin @ Jul 19 2018 06:35am)
I agree on most of your points regarding POE, but I still enjoy the game for the complexity of builds. That is one of the things that i enjoyed about Diablo II, which POE incorporated beautifully.

Yeah, theorycrafting is really fun in that game. I mean I still play POE, but just talking about in comparison to D2's addiction. Unless they incorporate that Battle Royale mode permanently or whatnot, then maybe just maybe. But hell, even then, their Battle Royale Mode doesn't really incorporate the PvE incentivization, more of a slaughter fest. Still fun, but still not even close

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jul 19 2018 02:00pm
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll