d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Server Rewrite Progress Thread
Prev1414243444547Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 26,691.23
Jul 21 2018 04:49pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 21 2018 02:27pm)
I'm thinking about doing two phases of beta testing. The first would be on the clean dev server with the goal of getting at least 1 (hopefully more, like a full team) to master quest.

The second phase would be copying the live data to dev, doing a fake ladder reset, then having some groups do some climbs.

This will let us first double check for last minute bugs, and finally for any balance issues related to these new buffs.

I'm hoping we can start this Monday. How long it takes depends on how many testers we can get playing as much as possible to make me satisfied that any and all bugs are fixed.

I still need to wrap up the guild vault transfers, and the master quest code. The latter shouldn't take long, but the former is surprisingly complex.

There are more things I want to get done, so if I decide to start them, the start date will be pushed back accordingly.

Pretty sure any active member of the community would be willing to help you with this lol

Excited!!

This post was edited by Altrdwolf on Jul 21 2018 04:53pm
Gold: 358.82
Jul 21 2018 04:58pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Jul 21 2018 06:43pm)
You just made double on what you paid for that. So if you paid 1 fg it`s worth 2 now. :drool:

Lmao

Let PartyPlanner know when it's time for testing. I'm sure we'll be up for doing multiple climbs with a full team.
Gold: 248,047.40
Jul 21 2018 05:05pm
Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 16:27)
I'm thinking about doing two phases of beta testing. The first would be on the clean dev server with the goal of getting at least 1 (hopefully more, like a full team) to master quest.

The second phase would be copying the live data to dev, doing a fake ladder reset, then having some groups do some climbs.

This will let us first double check for last minute bugs, and finally for any balance issues related to these new buffs.

I'm hoping we can start this Monday. How long it takes depends on how many testers we can get playing as much as possible to make me satisfied that any and all bugs are fixed.

I still need to wrap up the guild vault transfers, and the master quest code. The latter shouldn't take long, but the former is surprisingly complex.

There are more things I want to get done, so if I decide to start them, the start date will be pushed back accordingly.

I would LOVE to test this!! I think it would be alot of fun :D I do have a couple questions concerning in general and one pertaining to HC.

General

1. When you say copying the live version to the dev server that includes size of vault i assume right? or would you be opposed to providing a standard free size of the vault for testing purposes?

Reasoning: We would be able to horde massive amounts of shrines to speed up the regen process and by extension increase the amount of testing we actually get done in a given timeframe. Especially for solo.

2. I assume the answer would be no but... will mqs affect the sites gp totals?

3. Could you possibly open another subforum from this one for topics related to the testing?

Reasoning: I think this would be the easiest way to spread information without cluttering the main LS forum

Hardcore

1. Would there be a way to set it so HC deaths on the dev server could be cleared by using the reroll button on the main sign in page?

Reasoning: If for some reason a bug is found that results in the death of an HC character it would stop any testing they could do using it and would also create holes in their gear sets making further testing more difficult or all together impossible if it happens multiple times during testing.

Looking forward to getting to beta test this :D This is soooo exciting!
Gold: 358.82
Jul 21 2018 05:12pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Jul 21 2018 07:05pm)
I would LOVE to test this!! I think it would be alot of fun :D I do have a couple questions concerning in general and one pertaining to HC.

General

1. When you say copying the live version to the dev server that includes size of vault i assume right? or would you be opposed to providing a standard free size of the vault for testing purposes?

Reasoning: We would be able to horde massive amounts of shrines to speed up the regen process and by extension increase the amount of testing we actually get done in a given timeframe. Especially for solo.

I think an easier way to go about this would just be to make a shrine event bonus for the testing

Gold: 55,928.33
Jul 21 2018 05:31pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 21 2018 02:27pm)

I would be more than happy to run solo with my semi decent gear and post the results. Where do we sign up? :drool:

Quote (Bob888 @ Jul 21 2018 02:43pm)
You just made double on what you paid for that. So if you paid 1 fg it`s worth 2 now. :drool:

Sweet! Profit!!! If I keep this up in 20 years I will have more fg than you!!!

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Jul 21 2018 05:34pm
Gold: 248,047.40
Jul 21 2018 05:46pm
Quote (BlastBeat @ 21 Jul 2018 17:12)
I think an easier way to go about this would just be to make a shrine event bonus for the testing

yeah that would make alot more sense actually. Part of me still wants the huge vault for test the welling system out :P if drops are as he said there is at least a chance that there will me a large uptick of good wellables dropping compared to the current version. Maybe enough to make the vault i have in the current version too small to handle it :P

This post was edited by Cheeya on Jul 21 2018 05:46pm
Jul 21 2018 05:51pm
I wonder if the market will be able to handle the larger volume of items being sold
Gold: 1.93
Jul 21 2018 06:11pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Jul 22 2018 10:51am)
I wonder if the market will be able to handle the larger volume of items being sold

The market was fine when we had 700 players and you could buy a set of gear off it no problem.
Admin
Gold: 22,619.75
Trader: Trusted
Jul 21 2018 06:18pm
All Guild points gained on beta count for real.

Also, got more vault stuff done. (Subscribing and expanding slots).

Oh, and vault cost can be dropped tremendously for beta, to like 1fg per 25. That's what I've typically done in the past.
Jul 21 2018 06:22pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 21 2018 04:18pm)
All Guild points gained on beta count for real.

Will we also be able to keep all the items we find in beta as well?
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1414243444547Next
Closed New Topic New Poll