d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Sc Played As Hc Except For...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,138.50
Jul 7 2018 04:13am
So guys I've been thinking about this way of playing SC, since there are so many games on SC and so few on HC.

Forget about conventional SC playing, you die, you relog get body items and play on, nope! There is a change, not big, not small, just carry on reading.

So the idea is this. If you die, you wont loose your items but you HAVE to delete character and lvl up all over again. It's not cheating or something lame, since even on HC you are able to get your items back after you unlock loot to some player, except while playing like this you don't have to rely on any other player, altho if they are friends. You mule your items to a new char and start over from lvl 1.

I know it all depends of every single player if they'll delete char or just carry on, I just thought it may be new, interesting and a bit easier way to enjoy this awesome game since there is a huge lack of HC pub games, that's what drove me crazy last ladder.

Let me know guys what you think about this, I'll appreciate your feedback :)
Gold: 266.00
Jul 7 2018 06:06am
lots of hc players, just a little less bots to cbaal you. there are literally dozens of players who will sit in the game lobby screen waiting for a bot runner because they are too stupid to start a run themselves. also this is the one of the most stupid ideas ive ever heard of. its right up there with people who run with chicken in HC.
Jul 7 2018 06:11am
lol how can you compare using third party program (chicken) with this?
Gold: 1,235.56
Jul 7 2018 07:13pm
comparable
Jul 8 2018 04:09am
In what way? If you keep items but delete character how is that comparable to any program that is designed to prevent death? I don't see any similarity. As I mentioned, on HC you can get your items back either while using friend with unlocked loot.

If anyone just explained me this, and not just write one word that doesn't say a shit, I dare you.

(I mentioned I appreciate feedback, but reasonable one)
Gold: 620.79
Jul 12 2018 06:57pm
Considering you can 1-80 in a few hours losing the items is the only real penalty for dying.

I don't see the point of playing that way.

Just stick to SC if you're afraid to lose your pixels.
Gold: 6,228.00
Jul 13 2018 06:20pm
Quote (adofka @ 7 Jul 2018 04:11)
lol how can you compare using third party program (chicken) with this?

Because the allure of playing hardcore is from the extreme penalty of death. Anything that serves to negate this penalty - whether it's your self-imposed softcore rule or a 3rd party program like chicken - takes away from this thrill and is thus counter-intuitive.

Any time you play hc you put yourself at risk of losing it all, since most people mf solo or play group games but rarely play w/ friends to permit loot. For me it's all or nothing, and that's what makes harcore so much more exciting.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2018 09:02pm
Quote (TheOmnipotent @ Jul 13 2018 07:20pm)
Because the allure of playing hardcore is from the extreme penalty of death. Anything that serves to negate this penalty - whether it's your self-imposed softcore rule or a 3rd party program like chicken - takes away from this thrill and is thus counter-intuitive.

Any time you play hc you put yourself at risk of losing it all, since most people mf solo or play group games but rarely play w/ friends to permit loot. For me it's all or nothing, and that's what makes harcore so much more exciting.

Just died level 93 hc assassin, damn nilathak snakes got me again
Gold: 0.00
Aug 10 2018 05:51pm
should be opposite - you lose all gear, but have to rebuild the gear.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll