d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Game Ai Programming
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,879.00
Jul 4 2018 10:04am
Hello, I am looking for someone on this site that has time to teach me over discord or Skype about breaking down a game and creating an AI bot that learns to play the game overtime. I'd like to dedicate one to three hours a week learning this stuff. We can discuss payment via PM. If this is illegal, I'm sorry I didn't read the rules.

Thanks.
Gold: 2,935.00
Jul 4 2018 02:45pm
If you're talking machine learning, what kind of experience do you already have? Are you also good with linear algebra?

Your question is rather broad, which makes me suspect you don't realize what a daunting task it is you're talking about. Most games have dumb AI which rarely employ the use of machine learning techniques.

By the way, if you're already familiar with concepts such as Q-learning or have heard of reinforcement learning it might be possible to go over a few things.

This post was edited by Klexmoo on Jul 4 2018 02:47pm
Jul 4 2018 03:25pm
I understand some coding, I've programmed with Java and VB in High School. I really just want to be able to reverse engineer a game or understand how to inject into games. I honestly don't know how to ask what I am looking for, but I know its possible. Making a program to play a game and learn with objectives. I've seen websites advertising how to do this with flash games or java powered games, but I don't think those are what I'm looking for. I looking to do this with steam games, preferably with the Free-to-Play game Paladins. Just looking for someone to share knowledge and earn payment for sharing their knowledge.
As for Q-Learning, I've read this : http://mnemstudio.org/path-finding-q-learning-tutorial.htm
And can understand what is going on there.

Would you suggest maybe https://www.udacity.com/?
Gold: 1,939.50
Jul 5 2018 02:24pm
Quote (emosniper6108 @ Jul 4 2018 04:25pm)
I understand some coding, I've programmed with Java and VB in High School. I really just want to be able to reverse engineer a game or understand how to inject into games. I honestly don't know how to ask what I am looking for, but I know its possible. Making a program to play a game and learn with objectives. I've seen websites advertising how to do this with flash games or java powered games, but I don't think those are what I'm looking for. I looking to do this with steam games, preferably with the Free-to-Play game Paladins. Just looking for someone to share knowledge and earn payment for sharing their knowledge.
As for Q-Learning, I've read this : http://mnemstudio.org/path-finding-q-learning-tutorial.htm
And can understand what is going on there.

Would you suggest maybe https://www.udacity.com/

Just a heads up. What you're looking to do is going to be a very difficult task and will require an incredible amount of computing power. OpenAI was used to create a bot which can beat most professional players at Dota 2. It had to be trained for millions of hours, which was only possible due to parallel processing and likely cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in rented hardware costs (cloud, woohoo!).

I don't want to discourage you, but I want you to know that this is going to require a lot of time and either a top of the line PC which you're willing to leave on over night training your AI after you make code changes or a lot of money in cloud processing.

HackerRank has some AI coding challenges which you can do that will help you to learn what you're after. Code Academy also has some. Personally, I'm not interested in helping you with this, but I wish you the best in your endeavors. Good luck :)
Jul 5 2018 03:59pm
Quote (waraholic @ Jul 5 2018 04:24pm)
Just a heads up. What you're looking to do is going to be a very difficult task and will require an incredible amount of computing power. OpenAI was used to create a bot which can beat most professional players at Dota 2. It had to be trained for millions of hours, which was only possible due to parallel processing and likely cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in rented hardware costs (cloud, woohoo!).

I don't want to discourage you, but I want you to know that this is going to require a lot of time and either a top of the line PC which you're willing to leave on over night training your AI after you make code changes or a lot of money in cloud processing.

HackerRank has some AI coding challenges which you can do that will help you to learn what you're after. Code Academy also has some. Personally, I'm not interested in helping you with this, but I wish you the best in your endeavors. Good luck :)

Thank you for your response, I will definitely check out those sources.
I have nothing but time.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll