d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > Jagex's Failings: When Qol Goes Too Far? > "it's Not A Bug, It's A Feature"
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2018 07:20am
"Rs3 sucks cause its pay to win omg!!!"

And then you have people literally rwting for rsgp in osrs. The hippopotamusacrisy is unbelievable! You cant buy xp but when you pay for efficiency for character development, suddenly all logic is thrown out the window like my pair of undergarments that I accidentally shit in!

Quote (T_R_E_V_O_R @ 22 Jun 2018 09:16)
I wish they'd make a separate section for crap like this, this doesn't look like an achievement to me.

Im laughing dead

This post was edited by Fooba on Jun 22 2018 07:24am
Gold: 4.50
Jun 22 2018 07:28am
I understood back in the day when runescape got too easy and people got upset, but now that the community averages in the 20s I see it different. The people now complaining that the game is too easy are the unemployed, "college" kids, or people that are wasting their lives in general. If you really care this intensely about a game you don't even play you should take a step back and think about that. You're a dedicated RS3 player so why do you care how OSRS is ran or how it functions? This seems more like a stance targeted at the years of "RS3 is EZ" and you finally feel it's your turn to attack. It's childish and it's alarming.
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 30%
Jun 22 2018 07:37am
You sound mad as fuck.

Deal with it, it's a good mechanic.
Gold: 2,420.00
Jun 22 2018 08:07am
Quote (ssdrmstre @ Jun 22 2018 08:17am)
Blatant troll thread is blatant

Nothing to see here boys, move along

No? Feel free to present an argument.

Quote (Fooba @ Jun 22 2018 08:20am)
"Rs3 sucks cause its pay to win omg!!!"

And then you have people literally rwting for rsgp in osrs. The hippopotamusacrisy is unbelievable! You cant buy xp but when you pay for efficiency for character development, suddenly all logic is thrown out the window like my pair of undergarments that I accidentally shit in!

Im laughing dead

Haha good post my friend

Quote (Zerkerftw @ Jun 22 2018 08:28am)
I understood back in the day when runescape got too easy and people got upset, but now that the community averages in the 20s I see it different. The people now complaining that the game is too easy are the unemployed, "college" kids, or people that are wasting their lives in general. If you really care this intensely about a game you don't even play you should take a step back and think about that. You're a dedicated RS3 player so why do you care how OSRS is ran or how it functions? This seems more like a stance targeted at the years of "RS3 is EZ" and you finally feel it's your turn to attack. It's childish and it's alarming.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. This is not about updates that they have done, and I'm not advocating against new content. This thread in it's entirety is simply based on the subject as described by the topic title and it's description, as I informed someone earlier.

Your assumption that I don't play osrs is wrong. I've played since it came out, but I've been on a sort of hiatus with my main as I've played my rs3 hcim. The subject of this thread has nothing to do with rs3 whatsoever by the way. I just included a quick mention to it.

Quote (BastardOfWinterfell @ Jun 22 2018 08:37am)
You sound mad as fuck.

Deal with it, it's a good mechanic.

Intellectual lightweights like yourself need not comment

never reply to me again

Quote (T_R_E_V_O_R @ Jun 22 2018 08:16am)
I wish they'd make a separate section for crap like this, this doesn't look like an achievement to me.

:rofl:

This post was edited by Jupe on Jun 22 2018 08:17am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 22 2018 09:18am
But how is it a bug abuse? It's a mechanic the game has installed. The cannon is a representative of a player being present in the room. With a player in the room the specs don't disappear. I mean, I'm sure you know this already I'm just not understanding how it's a bug and how it's being abused.

/e And the house teleport > Rejuv pool > Back to corp is simply a QOL thing. It's not exactly a bug lol.
Like you mentioned above, I could do the same shit at Castle Wars but it would be annoying nonetheless. As for the portal at Castle Wars, just because nothing like it had ever existed prior to its release doesn't make it something to shit on. Is it OP? I don't think so at all.

Also, I would like to add having these present in the game doesn't exactly make the game "shit". The game is actually at a peak right now, with the latest content release being the biggest viewing for this game twitch has ever had to date (OSRS obv). The game is inevitably going to get easier and easier as the years progress. People find ways to do things more efficiently and more powerful gear will be implemented. Originally, the direction the developers wanted to go with this game was to make it as "07" as it could possibly be, but as players progressed and things became stale and boring, they knew content would need to be released to keep people interested. Many of us that play this game just wanted to play RuneScape or something very similar to it without the EoC bullshit and the graphical updates. I personally didn't want to go back to where Barrows was end game gear and one of the hardest NPC(s) to kill. That is simply nostalgia, nothing more.

This post was edited by Semptra on Jun 22 2018 09:28am
Gold: 2.20
Jun 22 2018 09:30am
Sure to the rest, but leave karambwans out of this unless they remove the ability to preload specs off a non spec weapon or Gmaul the same tick not being able to food + brew + karambwan would cripple pking.

This post was edited by DayCocker on Jun 22 2018 09:33am
Jun 22 2018 09:43am
Quote (Semptra @ Jun 22 2018 10:18am)
But how is it a bug abuse? It's a mechanic the game has installed. The cannon is a representative of a player being present in the room. With a player in the room the specs don't disappear. I mean, I'm sure you know this already I'm just not understanding how it's a bug and how it's being abused.

/e And the house teleport > Rejuv pool > Back to corp is simply a QOL thing. It's not exactly a bug lol.
/e Like you mentioned above, I could do the same shit at Castle Wars but it would be annoying nonetheless. As for the portal at Castle Wars, just because nothing like it had ever existed prior to its release doesn't make it something to shit on. Is it OP? I don't think so at all.

When they released corporeal beast on the livegame, people found out that you can damage it, die, and come back. You could just keep doing this. It had no regen feature, so it worked fine. Jagex realized this, obviously it wasn't intended, and changed it quickly. Then people start using the cannon for the same effect. Guess what happened? Jagex changed it. When no player was in the room - even if a cannon was - the corporeal beast regenerated. The same thing happened with dancing on corp to avoid damage.

Now we are here with the same exact concept. What's the difference? Thanks to some bunk mechanic the osrs team introduced, you can do something to the corporeal beast you couldn't on the livegame, drain its stats etc. What would be the most obvious solution? They would patch and address it. What's happened? Absolutely fucking nothing. Why? Because if they suddenly decide to change this there would be uproar. Uproar from the cancerous streaming community, which basically of their content caters to nowadays anyway. They're afraid to patch an obvious exploit of one of their bosses because its become a meta, a streaming meta especially. Not to mention that anybody in their right mind who thinks this corp killing meta is appropriate needs to have their lobotomy examined because it clearly fucked things up, but not enough to make them brain dead. 'Haha exciting gameplay of special attacking a boss 100 times!!!'

As I said earlier I have no problems whatsoever with new content, new weapons, more powerful items etc. This is not about that whatsoever and I really can't emphasize that enough. I have no problems with any of the raids weapons, or the raids 2 weapons. My complaint is that they refuse to fix obvious exploits/bugs because of the community. Another example of this is the d-spear fiasco. They changed it in the livegame after people started using it to stunlock/move people they way they use it now. Jagex did not intend for this to be a feature in their game and they removed it. What happened on osrs? Well haha, they decided to poll it! Poll an obvious exploit/bug! "well our players found out you can effectively completely immobilize someone and drain their stats after 5 minutes of doing it with enough players. We uh, fixed that on the livegame, should we, haha, fix it here, pls 75% people vote yes to fix it'. Disgusting.

Quote (DayCocker @ Jun 22 2018 10:30am)
Sure to the rest, but leave karambwans out of this unless they remove the ability to preload specs off a non spec weapon or Gmaul the same tick not being able to food + brew + karambwan would cripple pking.

See, that's a really good point to bring up, I'd like to see how they would address that.

I'm glad some people here are capable of thinking, thanks for the replies you two.

This post was edited by Jupe on Jun 22 2018 09:49am
Gold: 4.00
Jun 22 2018 10:22am
you talking about the POH stat regen thing?
Yea get rid of it
also remove nmz
and wintertodt
osrs turning into a joke
i'm all for high xp, high loot, end game content.
i am not for ezscape/afk scape/corp beast is now a meme for content scape
Jun 22 2018 10:29am
Quote (ringo794 @ Jun 22 2018 11:22am)
you talking about the POH stat regen thing?
Yea get rid of it
also remove nmz
and wintertodt
osrs turning into a joke
i'm all for high xp, high loot, end game content.
i am not for ezscape/afk scape/corp beast is now a meme for content scape

NMZ is another can of worms, I think I'll avoid that for now, though it certainly does have relevance to the OP of this thread. I haven't used wintertodt because I don't like skilling, but it sure seems to be one hell of a meme. But, again, this isn't on the topic of content in general such as that. I'd be interested to see what a thread about the progression of the game would turn up though. General attitude towards it seems too often to take the pathetic low-iq stance of 'herr i don't mind it more xp less work i have a job and obligations'. I feel indifferent on content like winter though.

This post was edited by Jupe on Jun 22 2018 10:30am
Gold: 1,341.48
Warn: 10%
Jun 22 2018 10:32am
Waaahhhhh
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll