d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Op Starbaal > Anyone Got Opinions About The Channel?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,850.66
May 26 2018 03:05pm
Guys... isnt it proven for 8+ years now that neither Ondals nor XP-Shrine decreases the XP for any of the other players involved? o_O Why do they STILL make rules for using them?

I can see the point if very high levels want to grab xp shrines and you steal the easy ones in A1 from them. But if no one wants to grab them anyway, why go nuts? This misconception holds itself for 10 years now or something :D

This post was edited by Timophinchen on May 26 2018 03:14pm
Gold: 5,133.55
May 26 2018 03:18pm
op atu
Gold: 124.00
May 26 2018 03:38pm
Quote (Timophinchen @ 26 May 2018 22:05)
Guys... isnt it proven for 8+ years now that neither Ondals nor XP-Shrine decreases the XP for any of the other players involved? o_O Why do they STILL make rules for using them?

I can see the point if very high levels want to grab xp shrines and you steal the easy ones in A1 from them. But if no one wants to grab them anyway, why go nuts? This misconception holds itself for 10 years now or something :D

It's not the point.... Runs get slowed down and people will passively leech insteed of contributing to a good run. And for what, a mere 5% gain which in many cases will be eaten up by the slower run time.

Fine if you want to run ondal runs in your bot channels but don't hate on legit runs who wants everyone to commit to an active and good run, and community.
Gold: 2,850.66
May 26 2018 03:44pm
Well okay, then what you dont want is leechers. But it has nothing to do with Ondals or Shrine itself.

I havent run Baal in a very long time, but when you have a 94+ Sorc and 94+ Paladin they usually have the equipment to shred the waves the instance they appear. Especially Blizzard sorc.
So if you are lets say a frenzy barb the whole run becomes annoying for you because the damage output of sorcs is just too high for a melee char who actually needs to click on a monster.

I still understand that a run is more fun when everyone is involved and active, but for anything which is not a sorc java or hammerdin, it is basically leeching anyway. In my opinion.

4 fighting frenzy barbs would not make the run 3 seconds faster if you have 3 serious sorcs and a paladin involved. It is just not possible to make those runs any faster.

Maaaaybe a war cry barb would be nice to stun the enemies so there wont even be random strays which cost a second each time :banana:

I would actually LOVE to participate in baal runs with a HUGE sorc but I would get RD so fast. That is really annoying about running baal. Even csbaal is too quick sometimes.

This post was edited by Timophinchen on May 26 2018 03:50pm
Gold: 124.00
May 26 2018 04:08pm
After reading these recent threads I'm actually glad that certain channels use the banhammer so widely.
Gold: 81,095.00
May 26 2018 05:50pm
Quote (My_Lesson @ 27 May 2018 00:08)
After reading these recent threads I'm actually glad that certain channels use the banhammer so widely.

I'm pretty sure you dont have anything near the full story from when I picked a exp shrine.
^_^

They hate me for being a better leveler and sadly, my efforts of trying to promote their channels lead to getting banned and harassed in every single run I joined, even the friendly runs.
They still have no reason why they banned me, I feel sorry that they enforce such bad behaviour in the channel instead of actually letting people in on the legit runs.

100 accounts banned - None of them are me -
Everyone for using Ondals / Exp shrine. Some even banned Without warning!

Ah not to mention.
"He banned me from his channel, so why cant I ban him?" - Probably the only reason they gave me for ban, as I didnt want his bad behaviour in op starbaal I banned him, ehm, a little while ago.. just in case.
And he is the one and only person banned in our channel unfortunatly.

This post was edited by Yiup on May 26 2018 06:19pm
Gold: 266.00
May 26 2018 05:58pm
softcore is full of degenerate skinny jean wearing betas
Jun 6 2018 07:01am
Quote (Yiup @ 27 May 2018 01:50)
I'm pretty sure you dont have anything near the full story from when I picked a exp shrine.
^_^

They hate me for being a better leveler and sadly, my efforts of trying to promote their channels lead to getting banned and harassed in every single run I joined, even the friendly runs.
They still have no reason why they banned me, I feel sorry that they enforce such bad behaviour in the channel instead of actually letting people in on the legit runs.

100 accounts banned - None of them are me -
Everyone for using Ondals / Exp shrine. Some even banned Without warning!

Ah not to mention.
"He banned me from his channel, so why cant I ban him?" - Probably the only reason they gave me for ban, as I didnt want his bad behaviour in op starbaal I banned him, ehm, a little while ago.. just in case.
And he is the one and only person banned in our channel unfortunatly.

^_^

Funny how All elitebaals runners are now currently joining op starbaal runs.
Dw, All negative attitude will be dealt with! So try behave as muchas you can, I dont want to ban anyone! But if I spot you harass another player in these runs, you will be banned.
Should be fair.

Aaaaand, 75% of these "pro elitebaal runners" are leeching in corner. Games are still 2:30-3:00.......
:bonk:

This post was edited by Yiup on Jun 6 2018 07:02am
Gold: 0.00
Jun 6 2018 07:50am
people are retarded, back in the day everyone used ondals, shrines, duriel exploits, topping d, wave2 unpp, topping baal to get 99 when your trying to legit level to 99 every drop of xp counts and anyone who is against things like this is a moron. When ur in full skill gear and ondals has +4skills you don't really lose any dmg potential and ppl get exp shrine b4 the waves even start, just a bunch of lil QQ babies whine about this, ive never even heard of this ondal and exp shrine whining till I came back a month ago
Jun 6 2018 08:03am
Quote (GodHimself @ 6 Jun 2018 15:50)
people are retarded, back in the day everyone used ondals, shrines, duriel exploits, topping d, wave2 unpp, topping baal to get 99 when your trying to legit level to 99 every drop of xp counts and anyone who is against things like this is a moron. When ur in full skill gear and ondals has +4skills you don't really lose any dmg potential and ppl get exp shrine b4 the waves even start, just a bunch of lil QQ babies whine about this, ive never even heard of this ondal and exp shrine whining till I came back a month ago

Its oly community who wants to be #1.
They're not giving up the #1 without a fight, and whoever levels faster than them, yeah.... look where it got me. And I even tried to promote their channel for a good 4 months, watching the new plaeyrs gets harassed and left to join another channel, Heck, Even some quit playing the game after joining Op elitebaals channel.
:banana:

This post was edited by Yiup on Jun 6 2018 08:03am
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll