d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Movie Club 7: The Salton Sea > April 15 - April 28
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 21 2018 08:19pm
Holy shit that sounds intense. Good call on switching, but it's dope they made a mode that's meant to destroy people. All the previous GoW games I've played have been pretty cake on the harder difficulties iirc.

E: Told my buddy who's been a "lol console" guy for awhile now about the GoW mode, and that might actually convince him to get it. He loves ridiculous difficulties, Fallout Survival, Skyrim Legendary (or master, w/e the fuck the hardest one is, I don't even know), and he always beats them with relative ease, but this might get him for a bit. Was always my equal in all online games, but he's better with single-player shit than me. I can do the hardest difficulties, but because of my level of patience, sometimes it takes me longer.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 21 2018 08:28pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 27 2018 09:33am
I really like the way they did the movie with the voice over. Made it feel a bit like an old filmnoir.

Only saw the first half, but so far I'm really enjoying it.
Gold: 102.37
Apr 29 2018 05:10am
Currently not in the mood to watch movies so it took a while watching it.

Overall I would say I liked it. Had some interesting and fun ways to tell the story with neat shots and cuts. Had some small Guy Ritchie moments.
The narration adds to the atmosphere but it lost me in the middle part. Was a bit boring for a few moments.
Overacting everywhere made it realy funny in some parts.
Had a big grin on my face as I saw James Gandolfini with some eye liner on his face ^^
My favorite scene was the pidgeon assasination with the hillbillys, pretty hilarious.

Worth watching but nothing outstanding that you will remember for years to come.
Gold: 285.00
May 1 2018 08:32pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 21 2018 07:43pm)
I usually go with the hardest difficulty on everything, but I felt like just playing through this casually due to my limited time atm. Even on the normal difficulty, I've gotten wrecked a few times. It's not like open-world entirely, but once I got to the world serpent, it gave me the ability to explore a bit and I fucking love exploring lol. I've just been wandering around everywhere, doing every side quest I can, but a few times I've walked into an area with enemies who kill me in 1-2 hits, and it's unblockable damage. Usually I'm stubborn as fuck and I kill them anyways after a few tries, but I imagine that GoW mode is like that for every encounter, and if you ran into the shit you shouldn't be fighting, I'd imagine it's instant death.

God of War mode like Darksouls level difficulty?
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 1 2018 10:13pm
Quote (Skinned @ May 1 2018 07:32pm)
God of War mode like Darksouls level difficulty?

Completely different type of game/combat, so it's hard to compare one vs the other, but you die in 1-3 hits from everything and even for someone who's already gone through the game it's pretty fucking rough. I've talked to about 20 people who started on GoW difficulty and every one of them restarted on an easier diff because it was too difficult. With easy, normal, and hard you can switch around, GoW diff can only be GoW diff. I'm loving it though. I got platinum on the game, and now I'm about halfway through on GoW difficulty.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 1 2018 10:17pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll