d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Flyers Vs Penguins > Playoff Series Gdt
Prev1272829303144Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,041.68
Apr 19 2018 09:33am
Flyers fans dont even like eachother :blink:
Gold: 6.00
Apr 19 2018 10:02am
Quote (GSG @ Apr 19 2018 11:33am)
Flyers fans dont even like eachother :blink:

LoL.

Bro, its so fkn true. Just thinking about a philly fans i know irl..
Cant even get them in the same room together
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2018 10:11am
Quote (Garz97 @ 19 Apr 2018 10:32)
They smashed the worst team to make the playoffs in the east, as they did all year.

Lets pump the breaks a bit.

pens are better this year than the last 2 years.

as long as our defense stays consistent
Gold: 250.00
Apr 19 2018 10:56am
i dont know who will win the games in this series, but i do know whoever does will win by 4+
Gold: 23,685.49
Apr 19 2018 11:06am
Quote (Garz97 @ Apr 19 2018 11:32am)
They smashed the worst team to make the playoffs in the east, as they did all year.

Lets pump the breaks a bit.

The flyers are not the worst team to make the playoffs. The pens are definitely making them look like it. The only solace I can take out of this is maybe it will get Hakstol fired.

Quote (dragoneth @ Apr 19 2018 11:19am)
smurf is like hey lets trade for bobby ryan because he wants to play in philly who cares about one of the worst contracts in the nhl
if anything he takes a toll on me with these dumb trades he wants to see

You are so stuck on Bobby Ryan when the point of the trade was to get Hoffman. The fact that Meatstick wasn't even jumping on it tells you how close of a trade that is. I think that is completely fair. We dump them with Lehtera's 5m per year contract, Jordan Weal (2.1mil I think), and get away from a declining/regressing player who's physical style of play is catching up to him. I would prefer just to have Hoffman, but if taking on Bobby Ryan's extra 3 years is a necessity in the trade then maybe Ottawa can throw in a pick too. I don't think this trade is that egregious, and Ryan when healthy can be a nice role player. He definitely has more talent then our bottom 6, and being from the area maybe that will help motivate him to play better.

What is your suggestion here on improving the team? Pray that our young players develop quicker than expected? Carter Hart better be the real deal or we are fucked regardless.
Gold: 6,062.79
Apr 19 2018 11:11am
Lets be serious our last home grown goalie talent was traded before he even peaked

until we get consistency between the pipes we are doomed doesnt matter who the hell we have, same problem every fucking year
Nuvy better be the starting goalie tomorrow night otherwise i wont watch a minute of the game, i turned it off after we went down 4-0 last night and didnt look back couldnt even tell you guys the final
Gold: 1,041.68
Apr 19 2018 11:16am
Quote (zNick @ Apr 19 2018 09:02am)
LoL.

Bro, its so fkn true. Just thinking about a philly fans i know irl..
Cant even get them in the same room together

Never seen a fan base who hates everyone so much. Including themselves
Quote (jackzors @ Apr 19 2018 10:11am)
Lets be serious our last home grown goalie talent was traded before he even peaked

until we get consistency between the pipes we are doomed doesnt matter who the hell we have, same problem every fucking year
Nuvy better be the starting goalie tomorrow night otherwise i wont watch a minute of the game, i turned it off after we went down 4-0 last night and didnt look back couldnt even tell you guys the final

Theres no way anyone could have picked the Flyers to go far with Elliot in net. The guy has never been consistent in his career and the last 2 years in the playoffs he has been brutal.

This post was edited by GSG on Apr 19 2018 11:17am
Gold: 6,062.79
Apr 19 2018 11:25am
Quote (GSG @ Apr 19 2018 01:16pm)
Never seen a fan base who hates everyoneso much. Including themselves

Theres no way anyone could have picked the Flyers to go far with Elliot in net. The guy has never been consistent in his career and the last 2 years in the playoffs he has been brutal.

He got benched in calgary last year game 4, lol one of my first worries even coming into the playoffs especially after such a long injury layoff.
Got my hopes up when he shut the worthless rangers out game 82 thinking he’d have confidence going into game 1 but obviously that wasn’t even close to being the case.
He looks lost out there... game 2 also gave false hope

This post was edited by jackzors on Apr 19 2018 11:25am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2018 11:41am
pens mercy kill the flyers already good lawd!
Gold: 10,995.01
Apr 19 2018 11:44am
Quote (CooLSmuRFeR24 @ Apr 19 2018 01:06pm)
The flyers are not the worst team to make the playoffs. The pens are definitely making them look like it. The only solace I can take out of this is maybe it will get Hakstol fired.

You are so stuck on Bobby Ryan when the point of the trade was to get Hoffman. The fact that Meatstick wasn't even jumping on it tells you how close of a trade that is. I think that is completely fair. We dump them with Lehtera's 5m per year contract, Jordan Weal (2.1mil I think), and get away from a declining/regressing player who's physical style of play is catching up to him. I would prefer just to have Hoffman, but if taking on Bobby Ryan's extra 3 years is a necessity in the trade then maybe Ottawa can throw in a pick too. I don't think this trade is that egregious, and Ryan when healthy can be a nice role player. He definitely has more talent then our bottom 6, and being from the area maybe that will help motivate him to play better.

What is your suggestion here on improving the team? Pray that our young players develop quicker than expected? Carter Hart better be the real deal or we are fucked regardless.

just wait and see whats available in FA /offseason there might be better options that dont bring in such a bad contract or bring in a better player for the money some big names might be hitting FA and we got like 10m
lehtera has 1 more season at 4.7m we can buy him out(2x1.6m) if we really needed its not worth taking on the ryan contract even if he can be a good "role player" for us "when healthy" hes 31 and has been on decline
weal makes 1.7 and has 21pts in 69 gp and hes over a ppg in the ahl why exactly are we getting rid of him? hes a decent player that likely gets back into the roster next season
next season we get at least 10.6m freed up and have hagg to sign then by time we got to reup guys like konecny&patrick ect lehtera+gudas+macdonalds contract runs out thats like 13m freed up

if simmonds is on the decline another down season will reflect on his next contract so i dont think its going to be as big as you act
Quote (jackzors @ Apr 19 2018 01:11pm)

yeah our goaltending is in a weird situation >< i think if stolarz didnt get hurt he woulda been on the roster this season developing into a #1 for us
in terms of goalie prospects we are looking better then i think i have ever seen but stolarz+sandstrom both had injuries that took them out for long periods of time which sucks
but we have have 3 high end prospects (stoalrz hart sandstrom)im not too worried its just going to take time for them because you know hextall wont rush them but we dont have time

our "last home grown talent" was also with a completely different goalie development staff since you know hextall replaced them

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 19 2018 11:49am
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1272829303144Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll