d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kim Jong Un Wants A Peace Treaty From Trump
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 14 2018 06:40am
So I was right all along. Go figure.

But whatever my friends, have a good morning and keep believing that President Kim Jong Un is a warmonger and the nuclear weapons project wasn’t about peace and deterrence.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 14 2018 06:54am
Quote (DPRK @ Mar 14 2018 06:40am)

But whatever my friends, have a good morning and keep believing that President Kim Jong Un is a warmonger and the nuclear weapons project wasn’t about peace and deterrence.

I mean, using nukes offensively was never on the table to anybody simply because of the fact that they would turn the entire world on them simultaneously. This is not a great prediction that it was about deterrence. However I'll believe a peace treaty when I see a real effort.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 14 2018 06:58am
Quote (DPRK @ Mar 14 2018 07:40am)

From the article:

Among the unverified reports so far is that Kim hopes to sign a peace treaty with Trump -- a long-held goal of the North Korean regime since the Korean War never officially ended.

Kim is likely to raise the possibility of such a treaty along with establishing diplomatic relations and moving toward nuclear disarmament, during a meeting with the American president, the Dong-A Ilbo newspaper said Monday, citing an unidentified senior official in South Korea’s presidential office.

Koh Yu-hwan, who teaches North Korean studies at Dongguk University in Seoul, said the regime has long sought a treaty to formally conclude the state of war and help guarantee its safety.

“There were agreements between the U.S. and North Korea to open up discussion on a peace treaty, but they never materialized,” Koh said, saying the conditions were key. “The U.S. wants a peace treaty at the end of the denuclearization process, while for the North, it’s the precondition for its denuclearization.”

Signing a treaty would require addressing issues regarding the U.S. military’s presence in South Korea and its transfer of wartime operational control to South Korea and United Nations forces there, Koh said.

The nuclear weapons project is about deterrence and furthering Kim Jong Un's strategic goals. "Peace" is sort of a meaningless word here... what does peace look like, and what are the North Koreans willing to give up to obtain it?
Gold: 285.00
Mar 14 2018 09:44am
Is Trump going to cave on Korea nukes and call it peace?
Gold: 2,489.69
Mar 14 2018 11:23am
Quote (DPRK @ Mar 14 2018 06:40am)

no one who has half a brain thinks he's a warmonger. Just a piece of shit who created nukes so that he could continue to enslave, torture, and kill his own people so that his select class of chosen few can prosper while the country sinks into the shit around him.

Are you aware of the height difference between your people and the people of the south? you've been starved into a different worse class of human. keep sucking off the guy who does it so that you dont end up in a gulag tho, i cant blame you for not wanting to go to the place you've watched your countrymen head to with their families.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 15 2018 04:34am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 14 2018 05:54am)
I mean, using nukes offensively was never on the table to anybody simply because of the fact that they would turn the entire world on them simultaneously. This is not a great prediction that it was about deterrence. However I'll believe a peace treaty when I see a real effort.

Reading the posts people make here, you would think Marshall Kim Jong Un is a mentally unstable imperialist that wants to nuke and conquer the ROK and Japan. People were like “he’s a mad man, so he might just push the button”. Such bullshit... his nuclear strategy is perfectly rational.

Quote (IceMage @ Mar 14 2018 05:58am)
From the article:

The nuclear weapons project is about deterrence and furthering Kim Jong Un's strategic goals. "Peace" is sort of a meaningless word here... what does peace look like, and what are the North Koreans willing to give up to obtain it?

So a country that isn’t harming any other country and is just doing it’s own thing, needs to give up on stuff to live in peace? Every country has the right to national sovereignty and peace... we can’t just deny them these rights and go over there and tell them what to do. Don’t you see how imperialist your position is? How would we react if Russia and China formed a super powerful alliance and threatened the US with war if they didn’t give up on this or that.

Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 14 2018 10:23am)
no one who has half a brain thinks he's a warmonger. Just a piece of shit who created nukes so that he could continue to enslave, torture, and kill his own people so that his select class of chosen few can prosper while the country sinks into the shit around him.

Are you aware of the height difference between your people and the people of the south? you've been starved into a different worse class of human. keep sucking off the guy who does it so that you dont end up in a gulag tho, i cant blame you for not wanting to go to the place you've watched your countrymen head to with their families.

Again, I don’t live in the DPRK. But... are you aware that the DPRK is on a forced isolation by the rest of the world? And that it for years it has faced a constant threat of foreign invasion?

They can’t import food, and the government is forced to prioritize the military budget. Luckily things will change now that the nuclear program is a success.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll