d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Immigration, Etc... > And Illegal Immigrants
Prev1676869707177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,655.00
Nov 12 2018 12:58pm

Illegal immigrant killed 3 after 'sanctuary' release from custody, ICE says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/undocumented-immigrant-released-from-jail-charged-in-triple-murder

He was being held on domestic violence charges at the Middlesex County Jail in New Jersey in December 2017 and was released in February, NJ.com reported.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials said they placed a detainer on Perez while he was in custody, but the request was not honored nor was the agency notified when he was let go, said Corey Price, acting executive director of ICE.

Just another case of sanctuary city stupidity. :/
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 12 2018 01:05pm
Quote (Ghot @ Nov 12 2018 12:58pm)
Illegal immigrant killed 3 after 'sanctuary' release from custody, ICE says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/undocumented-immigrant-released-from-jail-charged-in-triple-murder

Just another case of sanctuary city stupidity. :/

In an email to the Associated Press, Middlesex County officials said the detainer wasn't honored because it didn’t meet the necessary criteria.

“This order would have authorized Middlesex County to turn over custody of Mr. Perez prior to, or upon completion of his sentence,” they wrote. “Instead ICE officials chose to do nothing, which places all responsibility of Mr. Perez’s actions squarely upon ICE.”

The county said it adopted a policy last year of honoring detainer requests from ICE if the inmate has convictions for first- or second-degree offenses or is ordered deported by a federal judge.

During Perez’s stint in jail, ICE never requested an order of deportation against Perez, county officials wrote.

translation, ICE agents have enough time to give interviews with Fox News but not ask for deportation orders from judges for those they want to detain.

translation, ICE wants to push this story to deter cities from having any requirements on working with them. ICE wants to be the big swinging dick in charge, unencumbered by things like correct paperwork. Worse yet are the rag publications who push any and all cities that have disagreements with ICE as sanctuary cities.

queue deeply authoritarian response by old man who won't recognize that this is an authoritarian practice.
Nov 12 2018 01:11pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 12 2018 02:05pm)
translation, ICE agents have enough time to give interviews with Fox News but not ask for deportation orders from judges for those they want to detain.

translation, ICE wants to push this story to deter cities from having any requirements on working with them. ICE wants to be the big swinging dick in charge, unencumbered by things like correct paperwork. Worse yet are the rag publications who push any and all cities that have disagreements with ICE as sanctuary cities.

queue deeply authoritarian response by old man who won't recognize that this is an authoritarian practice.

Translation... If it wasn't for all the BS generated by sanctuary cities, none of this would have happened.

Nov 12 2018 01:18pm
Quote (Ghot @ Nov 12 2018 01:11pm)
Translation... If it wasn't for all the BS generated by sanctuary cities, none of this would have happened.

why argue something is good or bad when instead you can just label it BS and blame whomever you please? ty for the lesson oh wise master.

ICE knew it needed a deport order and failed to get one. Send you tear soaked letters to ICE.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 12 2018 01:21pm
Quote (Ghot @ 12 Nov 2018 20:11)

maybe a minefield would be better than a wall, no ?
Nov 12 2018 01:28pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 12 2018 02:18pm)
why argue something is good or bad when instead you can just label it BS and blame whomever you please? ty for the lesson oh wise master.

ICE knew it needed a deport order and failed to get one. Send you tear soaked letters to ICE.

OICE had a detainer that was not honored by NJ. Spin it anyway you want, but if the detainer had been allowed, 3 people would not now be dead.
Nov 12 2018 01:35pm
Quote (Ghot @ Nov 12 2018 01:28pm)
OICE had a detainer that was not honored by NJ. Spin it anyway you want, but if the detainer had been allowed, 3 people would not now be dead.

i linked exact quotes from your article, what exactly am i spinning?

ICE are the one's spinning this, claiming that the cities rules are to blame. When they knew of the rules and failed to comply with them, even though they easily could have. In reality the city has a portion of the blame for not notifying ICE of the release, but without the proper paperwork it would be unjust to hand him from one detainment to another. ICE was lazy, and the city was lazy. but the rule itself, which is being spun as making this NJ town a "sanctuary city" is silly. ICE should have reasonable limitations on them, as should any law enforcement body.

You can disagree with those limitations, although i doubt you were even smart enough to understand that was my contention, but you can't argue them without being an authoritarian (by definition). You can argue AND be cool with being an authoritarian as well, i'm just convinced you're not smart enough to get there on your own. So for your convenience i have written your response for you, "all i see is a lot of big words, Kid. ICE should have unlimited power to detain illegals and cities shouldn't set any limits on those powers."

if you'd like me to argue for you in the future i can, its much preferable to having to read any post of your over a sentence or two.
Nov 12 2018 01:41pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 12 2018 02:35pm)
i linked exact quotes from your article, what exactly am i spinning?

ICE are the one's spinning this, claiming that the cities rules are to blame. When they knew of the rules and failed to comply with them, even though they easily could have. In reality the city has a portion of the blame for not notifying ICE of the release, but without the proper paperwork it would be unjust to hand him from one detainment to another. ICE was lazy, and the city was lazy. but the rule itself, which is being spun as making this NJ town a "sanctuary city" is silly. ICE should have reasonable limitations on them, as should any law enforcement body.

You can disagree with those limitations, although i doubt you were even smart enough to understand that was my contention, but you can't argue them without being an authoritarian (by definition). You can argue AND be cool with being an authoritarian as well, i'm just convinced you're not smart enough to get there on your own. So for your convenience i have written your response for you, "all i see is a lot of big words, Kid. ICE should have unlimited power to detain illegals and cities shouldn't set any limits on those powers."

if you'd like me to argue for you in the future i can, its much preferable to having to read any post of your over a sentence or two.

You and I both know that the president handed down EO's regarding immigration, and that sanctuary cities have been ignoring them. Tossing various monkey wrenches in the works.
ICE had a detainer that was ignored, not because of federal law, but because of a hastily whipped up NJ law.

Like I said, sanctuary cities have been doing this all over the US. Different state, hell, different cities... different laws. Which if taken to SC would all fail.

Done have this pointless argument with you. Maybe you'll be lucky and some illegal won't kill someone close to you. :/
Nov 12 2018 01:45pm
Quote (Ghot @ Nov 12 2018 01:41pm)
You and I both know that the president handed down EO's regarding immigration, and that sanctuary cities have been ignoring them. Tossing various monkey wrenches in the works.
ICE had a detainer that was ignored, not because of federal law, but because of a hastily whipped up NJ law.

Like I said, sanctuary cities have been doing this all over the US. Different state, hell, different cities... different laws. Which if taken to SC would all fail.

Done have this pointless argument with you. Maybe you'll be lucky and some illegal won't kill someone close to you. :/

bad Ghot. that's just a wordy pointless rant of a version that i posted.

speaking of would fail the SC, i'd tentatively add an EO on immigration due to vaguely "national security" reasons. not a done deal but has a real chance to get struck down. should be handled by the legislative branch anyways.

this rule specifically in NJ may not even be in violation of the EO, as compared to some other jurisdictions who are outright obstructing ICE. i wouldn't expect you to know the difference, even though legally it's incredibly important. you saw "sanctuary city + people dead" and jumped on it. you didn't understand the difference until i explained it, in fact i doubt you understand it even now.
Nov 16 2018 03:15pm
Illegal alien shoots at Arkansas police officers...

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5967415851001/#sp=show-clips

/e

This post was edited by Ghot on Nov 16 2018 03:16pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1676869707177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll