d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends > Question About Carrying
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,678.00
Feb 13 2018 03:53pm
Ok, I know how macro is supposed to work per duffman, league craft, and countless other videos.

90% of the time, I come out of lane ahead in kills AND cs.

What might I be missing that higher ELO players do well that could be keeping me from being able to carry teams that lose lane and the jungle battle?

I understand that's probably a vague question without seeing my gameplay, but ANY pointers are hugely appreciated.

I'm missing some aspect of the game that allows plat+ players to consistently carry poor teammates.
Gold: 67.10
Warn: 40%
Feb 13 2018 03:59pm
Learn when objectives trump kills, cs, and your own summs. Play a faster-paced game by rotating immediately after taking objectives in order to take more.

As long as you're capable of taking towers and have a lead, you shouldn't be losing. This is why champions who snowball and push well are the best champs in solo queue if you know how to play a fast-paced game rather than taking raptor camps and red buff before noticing drag is free... or your bot lane has 3+ minion waves shoving and enemy ADC is MIA while other enemy are all top trying to 4v1 your retarded Riven and you should know that as a 5-0 Shaco you can 1v1 the guinsoo's rush varus
Gold: 22,393.07
Feb 13 2018 04:01pm
play around your comp know your win conditions and what fights to take and avoid. Gold lead loses value if u can't make use of it.

Objs over kills but know when to give up objects when can't contest

examples
e.g. playing vs 2 tanks that your team can't kill effectively - try and split one of them out and instead force 4v4.

e.g. split pushing on ori (big no no)

having waveclear helps a lot when side lanes are losing. minimize your deaths so you are on the map more often. Also play towards strong side of map if in doubt

This post was edited by potentate on Feb 13 2018 04:08pm
Gold: 12.79
Feb 13 2018 05:07pm
The easiest and most effective way to win is to pick proper fights. So you need to understand the team comps and when they are strong, who to focus on etc.

Unfortunately in soloq most people play like..."me see hero, me kill hero" and constantly bait you into awful fights.
Gold: 10,678.00
Feb 13 2018 05:57pm
Thank you all for the replies. Your input is VERY much appreciated.

Been getting excessively frustrated here lately with games that I FEEL like I couldn't carry, when in reality, I could if I were a better player.
Gold: 12.79
Feb 13 2018 08:52pm
Quote (TheE1337 @ Feb 13 2018 11:57pm)
Thank you all for the replies. Your input is VERY much appreciated.

Been getting excessively frustrated here lately with games that I FEEL like I couldn't carry, when in reality, I could if I were a better player.

Even dopa loses games in silver. :(
Banned
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 70%
Feb 13 2018 08:58pm
Post ur ign
Gold: 2,647.74
Feb 13 2018 11:30pm
there are a billion things that could be going on, from you falling behind in farm late game to not being at fights to whiffing skillshots consistently to trading 1 for 1 when you're fed to being unable to tell wtf is going on in a 5v5... etc.

But as a general concept, when you have a lead you have to think about how you're using it to impact your teammates, secure objectives and get closer to actually destroying the nexus. like, you can shitstomp mid as zed but if all you with the lead is go deep in the enemy jungle with no vision no map pressure and trade 1 for 1 with the enemy Janna, or you keep teamfighting when the enemy team has great peel for their carries to keep you away, your lead might as well not exist.

and yes, climbing silver is frustrating because even if you have your basics down there are tons of things you don't think about that you should have internalized, you can't process new information fast enough yet or you just don't have crisp mechanics yet. I remember when I'd feel like I had done everything I could as a Silver 3 to carry games but I was winning only half of them; that's your blissful ignorance kicking in.

This post was edited by Hizkuntza on Feb 13 2018 11:34pm
Gold: 51.00
Feb 14 2018 03:07am
Quote (EnigmaSeven @ Feb 13 2018 02:59pm)
Learn when objectives trump kills, cs, and your own summs. Play a faster-paced game by rotating immediately after taking objectives in order to take more.

As long as you're capable of taking towers and have a lead, you shouldn't be losing. This is why champions who snowball and push well are the best champs in solo queue if you know how to play a fast-paced game rather than taking raptor camps and red buff before noticing drag is free... or your bot lane has 3+ minion waves shoving and enemy ADC is MIA while other enemy are all top trying to 4v1 your retarded Riven and you should know that as a 5-0 Shaco you can 1v1 the guinsoo's rush varus

You're telling me to understand ALL of that at ONE TIME?

Eff off...

:P
Gold: 5,168.78
Feb 14 2018 04:05am
Quote (Sobe911 @ Feb 14 2018 04:07am)
You're telling me to understand ALL of that at ONE TIME?

Eff off...

:P

It becomes second nature if you practice it enough lol. A lot of people hesitate and waste time because they don't know what to do next. Should I base? Should I clear out this camp? Should I push instead of chasing kills? People will start to base and then cancel it to clear out a camp or something and they just wasted time
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll