d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Your Top Film Picks 2017
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 28 2017 11:54am
Quote (djman72 @ Dec 28 2017 09:50am)
Get out was garbage. i've never seen so many people walk out of a film.

If you say so.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 28 2017 01:01pm
Quote (JukeBOXX @ Dec 28 2017 05:05am)
Came here expecting real movies instead pretty much only trash action movies made to grab money are listed.

Where the real movies at that actually get nominated for awards.

I, tonya
Wind river
Etc

Most movies of all genres are made to grab money.

That said, just because a movie gets nominated or wins an award doesn't make it a better movie. It just means the few people that decide on the awards thought so. And they've shown total bias towards movies with certain themes like life as a gay black poor person.

Even though the action done in John Wick 2 is actually amazingly done and deserved awards on its own. A lot of people just see it as "action movie money grab" because the movie isn't deep and reflect on aspects of our life or inspire people. It's a movie, not a graduation speech.

This post was edited by OutOfTown on Dec 28 2017 01:03pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 28 2017 02:40pm
Quote (OutOfTown @ Dec 28 2017 11:01am)
Most movies of all genres are made to grab money.

That said, just because a movie gets nominated or wins an award doesn't make it a better movie. It just means the few people that decide on the awards thought so. And they've shown total bias towards movies with certain themes like life as a gay black poor person.

Even though the action done in John Wick 2 is actually amazingly done and deserved awards on its own. A lot of people just see it as "action movie money grab" because the movie isn't deep and reflect on aspects of our life or inspire people. It's a movie, not a graduation speech.

Shit always cracks me up, terrible movies win Oscars every year because the entire thing is a giant fucking circle jerk. Look at Gravity. That movie was fucking terrible, and critics and the people who give awards LOVED it. The Revenant, while entertaining, didn't deserve shit in regards to awards. DiCaprio should have won for the Departed, that movie was near perfect, and DiCaprio fucking KILLED IT. They constantly do this shit where they make up for snubbing someone before, or they just give it away to w/e hot topic is trendy atm.

Saying a movie is good because of won awards, is as stupid as saying a movie is good/bad because of critic reviews.

Once again, another super idiotic thing to do, is disregarding a movie simply because it's a genre that you don't typically enjoy. My favorite movie of all time, and many of the best movies throughout history have a heavy action component. Usually pure action movies like John Wick fall flat, but JW is a bit of an anomaly. Acting was great, choreography was WOW, camera work, sound track etc.. pretty much everything in it was good to great, and while there were better movies this year, two of my three favorite movies of the year relied heavily on action, and JW was up there for one of the better movies of the year.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Dec 28 2017 02:42pm
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Dec 28 2017 03:43pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 28 2017 03:40pm)
Shit always cracks me up, terrible movies win Oscars every year because the entire thing is a giant fucking circle jerk. Look at Gravity. That movie was fucking terrible, and critics and the people who give awards LOVED it. The Revenant, while entertaining, didn't deserve shit in regards to awards. DiCaprio should have won for the Departed, that movie was near perfect, and DiCaprio fucking KILLED IT. They constantly do this shit where they make up for snubbing someone before, or they just give it away to w/e hot topic is trendy atm.

Saying a movie is good because of won awards, is as stupid as saying a movie is good/bad because of critic reviews.

Once again, another super idiotic thing to do, is disregarding a movie simply because it's a genre that you don't typically enjoy. My favorite movie of all time, and many of the best movies throughout history have a heavy action component. Usually pure action movies like John Wick fall flat, but JW is a bit of an anomaly. Acting was great, choreography was WOW, camera work, sound track etc.. pretty much everything in it was good to great, and while there were better movies this year, two of my three favorite movies of the year relied heavily on action, and JW was up there for one of the better movies of the year.

Since you think it's good it must be
Gold: 3.33
Dec 28 2017 04:30pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 28 2017 09:40pm)

I found Gravity to be a brilliant film.

In my experience, critics on the whole accurately rate films in the drama and sci fi genres but underrate comedies and to a lesser extent, action films.
Gold: 10,025.00
Dec 28 2017 08:17pm
Quote (dro94 @ Dec 28 2017 03:30pm)
I found Gravity to be a brilliant film.

In my experience, critics on the whole accurately rate films in the drama and sci fi genres but underrate comedies and to a lesser extent, action films.

Gravity is the fucking worst. I 100% disagree with all the critical acclaim it got.
Gold: 8,732.50
Dec 28 2017 11:24pm
agree as well. Gravity is one of the worst movies that actually won shit.
shit was so boring that i turned that shit off on the plane, and chose to watch out the window as it was more entertaining.

This post was edited by Secksii on Dec 28 2017 11:27pm
Gold: 15,102.52
Dec 29 2017 02:00am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 28 2017 03:40pm)

John wick was a mindless movie about nonstop violence. Literally kindergaten book plot with a lot of guns and action scenes.

Best movie of the year folks.
Gold: 10,025.00
Dec 29 2017 02:12am
Quote (seifersan @ Dec 29 2017 01:00am)
John wick was a mindless movie about nonstop violence. Literally kindergaten book plot with a lot of guns and action scenes.

Best movie of the year folks.

John Wick is obviously not about being a deeply moving story. The world building in it is cool and better than most action movies. The real meat behind the movie is the actual film making, the fact that it is an action movie that is watchable, not shake cam nonsensical bullshit.
Gold: 15,102.52
Dec 29 2017 02:37am
Quote (Blah58 @ Dec 29 2017 03:12am)
John Wick is obviously not about being a deeply moving story. The world building in it is cool and better than most action movies. The real meat behind the movie is the actual film making, the fact that it is an action movie that is watchable, not shake cam nonsensical bullshit.

Legit exact same movie as part 1. Different actors same exact fucking film. Part 1 was good for what it was, nothing but an action flick with no plot and really no point. But then you fucking redo the same scripts with new actors and call it a sequel? Get the fuck outta here.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1345679Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll