d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Colonization Of Mars > Pls Explain Something To Me
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 20 2017 09:06am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Dec 19 2017 11:52pm)
i cant really explain :cry: ! he reminds me of that guy from kingsman 1! first of all hes named elon and thats the most supervillainish name ive even heard :wacko: second, hes all about free stuff for everyone, i live in serbia and and whenever someone offers me anything free, i know hes up to something :angry:

something is very off about that guy, no matter how friendly he looks :ph34r:

when i first read your posts i thought u were using a forced cadence that sounds off. if you're an english as a 2nd language person it would make complete sense and i was just off on my assessment.

Elon and the Sam Jackson character from Kingsmen do have a lot of similarities tho lol, never made that connection.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 20 2017 10:00am
nooo english isnt my native :blush: i dont know even what cadence means :cry:

and yes!1 something fishy with that guy :ph34r: !
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 20 2017 10:07am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Dec 20 2017 10:00am)
nooo english isnt my native :blush: i dont know even what cadence means :cry:

and yes!1 something fishy with that guy :ph34r: !

cadence is the order u put words in, and the pauses u put between them. in this case something like:

[Short concise sentence], [emoji]. [Short concise sentence], [emoji].[Short concise sentence], [emoji].

this is common for non native speakers, and common for native speaker trolls.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 20 2017 10:17am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 20 2017 06:07pm)
cadence is the order u put words in, and the pauses u put between them. in this case something like:

[Short concise sentence], [emoji]. [Short concise sentence], [emoji].[Short concise sentence], [emoji].

this is common for non native speakers, and common for native speaker trolls.

oh :lol: ! nooo im not a troll (at least i try not to be), i just think stuff looks better with smileys :blush: ! i frequent path of exile forums and everyone there makes fun of me for that, but i dont care :blush: !
Gold: 19,597.59
Dec 28 2017 10:42pm
magnetic field could be reproduced. nuke the core of the planet, run a current through the planet to melt the core, somehow liquify the thing. until then generate a field where needed. as for retaining an atmosphere, some astronomers say it cant, some say it can. current model claims mars atmosphere was boiled away by solar wind. there is a study (2017 Swedish PhD candidate) that concluded mars may be able to sustain atmosphere after all (fyi venus has no magnetic field). have not heard the results of this thesis, not sure if they are available to public yet.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2017-12/src-maw120817.php

also if you are in to board games i highly suggest the game Terraforming Mars.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/167791/terraforming-mars
Gold: 19,597.59
Dec 28 2017 11:20pm
https://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1157328/SPIKBLAD01.pdf

heres the whole report. this stuff is fascinating! i am a firm believer that we will have a permanent colony on mars. the question is the degree. will it be a team of 30 or 30,000?
Gold: 3.37
Dec 29 2017 08:04am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Dec 19 2017 05:50am)
why is everyone hyped about that guy elon musk and his idea to colonize mars :unsure: ? mars doesnt have a magnetic field, wouldnt everyone just die without its protection :unsure: ?

They are silly.

Human life cannot survive on mars.

The constant exposure to extreme radiation is a problem.

The entire planet is irradiated.

Cock roaches and tardigrades could tho. Maybe.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Dec 29 2017 08:06am
Gold: 19.00
Jan 8 2018 05:07pm
As someone who loves space and astronomy, i think the idea of colonizing Mars is just plain ridiculous.
We're a tiny speck in a incredibly large universe, why must humans continue to fuck with things? Why can't we just observe the beauty surrounding us for a change? They call it progression but I call it regression, as a human species.

Does Earth not offer more than we need? Why do we need to live on Mars? Its inhabitable without some sort of artifical life support. It's deserted. There's nothing there. May have once upon a time been a place similar to Earth but not anymore.

Why do we need to spend millions and billions of dollars on this? When we could be using this money to help people on Earth (our home) to contribute to making it a better place? Who is going to live on Mars? Select people, that's it.

This post was edited by Bassist on Jan 8 2018 05:08pm
Gold: 3.37
Jan 9 2018 09:52am
Quote (Bassist @ Jan 8 2018 06:07pm)
As someone who loves space and astronomy, i think the idea of colonizing Mars is just plain ridiculous.
We're a tiny speck in a incredibly large universe, why must humans continue to fuck with things? Why can't we just observe the beauty surrounding us for a change? They call it progression but I call it regression, as a human species.

Does Earth not offer more than we need? Why do we need to live on Mars? Its inhabitable without some sort of artifical life support. It's deserted. There's nothing there. May have once upon a time been a place similar to Earth but not anymore.

Why do we need to spend millions and billions of dollars on this? When we could be using this money to help people on Earth (our home) to contribute to making it a better place? Who is going to live on Mars? Select people, that's it.

The only way for humanity to persist is to move to the stars.

Colonizing mars is dumb, raiding it for ore on the other hand... B)

There is enough water and various ores and other resources in our solar system to support hundres of billions of people, and build a fleet of death stars.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Jan 9 2018 09:54am
Gold: 1,261.00
Jan 9 2018 02:37pm
Quote (Bassist @ Jan 8 2018 04:07pm)

Colonizing North America is dumb. Doesn't Europe offer us more than we need? Why do we need to send ships across the Atlantic, have people die on the way there, to live in an inhospitable land with no civilization, cut off from any kind of support back home.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll