d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive > D2 Trades Using Your D2 Account
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 44,956.19
Warn: 10%
Nov 13 2017 12:30pm
I am sure it has been suggested before, many times, but with another ban wave, and after reviewing some of the threads in the SA forum, i have a couple of suggestions, which i previously aired years ago, and will air once more:

A. Ban trades that involve other players logging on to your account.
(i) buying a name ? the seller should move the name to an empty account and give you the password. the onus is on YOU to successfully move it with a friend to YOUR account (seller or friend logs on to the account, deletes the character and you remake on your account within 5 seconds)
(ii) buying a level service ? dont buy it.

OR

B. (because i know A won't be agreed) For each trade that involves other players logging on to your account, the player providing the service MUST provide a disclaimer at the start of each trade topic warning the buyer of the dangers of allowing other users on to their accounts.

something like:

"This Level Service / Name transfer is done at the buyers risk whereby they are expressly allowing another user to access their account to complete the trade. Loss of items is at the buyers own risk as is account lock by BLizzard as a result of any action taken by the seller". The seller should NOT be allowed to provide vouches in the topic but may have vouches on their profile. If the seller does not post this disclaimer they should be told to include it, if repeated they should get a warning.

Thats the only way that users will know at all times as to what they are getting themselves in to when completing these trades.

regards
ferdi

ps and BAN the mass selling of duped items, or ANY duped items, excepting jewels. jewels i can accept :)

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 13 2017 12:33pm
Gold: 720.71
Nov 13 2017 12:35pm
Please take a minute to read this: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=57896631&f=258

You need to add a poll to your suggestion :D
Nov 13 2017 01:14pm
I reviewed alot of the suggestions made after reading your comment and the link you provided. I have a better idea which i will try to articulate in a seperate post, with a poll....

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 13 2017 01:19pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 187,800.41
Trader: Trusted
Nov 13 2017 01:24pm
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 13 2017 08:30pm)
ps and BAN the mass selling of duped items, or ANY duped items, excepting jewels. jewels i can accept :)

While I do not support duped items at all, if you are about to suggest the "ban the massive selling of duped items", you must include jewels as they are duped as well. The argument involving "I accept unperm jewels because it is safe, we just socket it" is just kind of hypocrite from my point of view (please, do not take it personal, it's just a general and personal thought).
Either we tolerate all duped items stating that they are duped, or none. Exceptions make no sense to the topic, in my opinion.
Nov 13 2017 01:43pm
to answer your post: ban them all.
to expand on my original rationale, i am sick and tired of seeing SA threads or hearing from friends were something expensive poofed. That does not happen with jewels noting the scenario you referenced. i.e. duped jewels hurts the non duped economy, it does not however hurt the buyer. Duped items, or charms, can cripple players. Everyone should be fully aware of the issues around the bugbelt, 5frw charms etc. Those are incredibly expensive items and time and time again we see buyers in SA in relation to this issue.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 13 2017 01:49pm
Gold: 9,205.00
Nov 13 2017 03:03pm
Quote (ferdia @ 13 Nov 2017 22:43)
to answer your post: ban them all.
to expand on my original rationale, i am sick and tired of seeing SA threads or hearing from friends were something expensive poofed. That does not happen with jewels noting the scenario you referenced. i.e. duped jewels hurts the non duped economy, it does not however hurt the buyer. Duped items, or charms, can cripple players. Everyone should be fully aware of the issues around the bugbelt, 5frw charms etc. Those are incredibly expensive items and time and time again we see buyers in SA in relation to this issue.

Unperm as perm selling has been in the scammer accusation forum for 10+ years, just like everything else you see there.
People think that there can be a water proof history for an item to be perm (lol).
Banning things doesn't change the fact that people *will* trust the wrong traders which also includes giving passwords to scammers and giving them all kinds of valuable items first.

After that they will blame the s/a team for being slow and either turn into scammers themselves, bump a thread without sufficient proof for several months or just suck it up and make a list of scammers in their sig.

There is no fix for it.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 40,156.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 14 2017 01:55am
Quote (Conner @ Nov 13 2017 08:35pm)
Please take a minute to read this: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=57896631&f=258

You need to add a poll to your suggestion :D

Read this
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll