d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Training / Fitness Watch > Need A New One :)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 452.00
Oct 17 2017 07:34am
hi :)

i started "training" (read running/cycling/gym) in februari 2017 and i bought a cheap tomtomrunner 2 with music watch... was a cheap choice at the moment to keep track of my cardio since i also wanted the bluetooth music ability. the music was fun ... but the tracking was horrible... it needs to be connected every time to my laptop ... i dont do that after working out ... so i only had a heart rate monitor on my wrist. and not always accurate (dropping from 140 to 70 for a few seconds and then going up again to 120 ... useless unless cycling with stable hands...

now if i want to do some indoor cycling all the equipment is setup to match polar heartrate monitors.
all the gym equipment is from the MATRIX-Brand (Egym)

i am comparing some watches / attributes to decide what's best for me. I would like a complete fitness watch that can be also used for daily use / wearable. it does need a bluetooth-music-option. i dont like to drag my phone around the different training equipment... i want all on my watch ! but it doesnt really need to be connected to the phone, i dont care about notifications etc...

does any of u have expierience with following "smart/fitness-watches":

- Fitbit Ionic
- Polar M600 (searched for the M430 and the V800 aswell but i cant seem to find music option...)
- Apple watch series 3 (i have iphone/macbook)
- others???

need advice on:

- Heart rate monitor
- Music
- Automatic tracking
- Compatible with Matrix or other equipment
- User friendly

just hit me with advice, needs to beat the Tomtomrunner+cardio2 :p

This post was edited by Falkerakatim on Oct 17 2017 07:36am
Gold: 62,617.90
Oct 18 2017 02:28am
I am very happy with my Garmin Forerunner. Heart rate for running is very nice. It also keeps track of HR during the day and night. I use the 235 model. You only do not have music on it. I love to go for a run without my cell phone. If I want music I use my Sony https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nwz-w273-nwz-w274s

I do not have any connection problems with bluetooth etc. I can just put music on during the run if I want!

Greetz,
Sara
Gold: 452.00
Oct 19 2017 11:51am
Quote (TheDie @ Oct 18 2017 08:28am)
I am very happy with my Garmin Forerunner. Heart rate for running is very nice. It also keeps track of HR during the day and night. I use the 235 model. You only do not have music on it. I love to go for a run without my cell phone. If I want music I use my Sony https://www.sony.com/electronics/walkman/nwz-w273-nwz-w274s

I do not have any connection problems with bluetooth etc. I can just put music on during the run if I want!

Greetz,
Sara

T4i :)

Any more opinions?
Gold: 500.00
Oct 20 2017 01:01am
My Samsung Gear S2 is pretty useful for fitness related stuff.
Gold: 301.14
Oct 20 2017 10:30am
what is your budget?

The garmin Fenix is fairly nice, just slightly pricey.

The Suunto Spartan Sport is also REALLYYYY nice and customizable, but very pricey.

I have the Sunnto, customized, and I LOVE it. I also have the apple watch, which is fairly nice too
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll