d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Who Will Have The Highest Scoring Game This Season? > Individual Player
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2017 07:47pm
Quote (Kimtown @ Oct 16 2017 08:46pm)
I'm not gonna read 5 paragraphs of made up bullshit (reminds me of when you accused me of welching a refund LOL dog cunt) while I'm on you half hour smoko break.

So yeah. Deal with it

I don't recall doing that

Also who the fuck takes 30 minutes to smoke

@your edit, the more consecutive shots you make, the less likely you are to make the successive one, sooooo

This post was edited by LeDaddy on Oct 16 2017 07:48pm
Gold: 3,000.00
Warn: 40%
Oct 16 2017 08:15pm
Quote (LeDaddy @ Oct 17 2017 11:47am)
I don't recall doing that

Also who the fuck takes 30 minutes to smoke

@your edit, the more consecutive shots you make, the less likely you are to make the successive one, sooooo

You definitely did do that because I got a 30 day suspension for calling you a dog cunt over it. Again, making up stuff to suit your narrative and to try make me look bad

And smoko is just what we call morning lunch/recess break at work in straya
Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 08:57pm
I would say derozan but he doesnt have a 3pt game for it :(

Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2017 10:22pm
Quote (Kimtown @ Oct 16 2017 09:15pm)
You definitely did do that because I got a 30 day suspension for calling you a dog cunt over it. Again, making up stuff to suit your narrative and to try make me look bad

And smoko is just what we call morning lunch/recess break at work in straya

Sorry famo you must've insulted my intelligence
Gold: 27,873.00
Oct 16 2017 11:40pm
Another thread derailed after a few pages.
Gold: 2,423.00
Oct 17 2017 12:56am
Quote (LeDaddy @ Oct 17 2017 03:15am)
Lebron playing with bad teams scored less and still led teams to better records than Kobe with his bad teams hmmmmmm

I'm not quite sure how NBA players are "cold" or how them not attempting a shot in 10 minutes matters. Being cold is a product of variance, which evens out the MORE shots you attempt. As well, NBA players typically don't forget how to shoot in 10 minutes, so I'm not sure how that matters either

Lebron with bad teams averaged what, 27 PPG, 31 PPG, 27 PPG, 30 PPG. So he still hogged it. But last two years in Cleveland he started racking up assists and has done that since.
Gold: 8,000.00
Oct 17 2017 06:46am
Quote (Kimtown @ Oct 17 2017 03:36am)
What? I'm not gonna bother reading all that but it seems it's arguing against hot/cold.

You've obviously never played basketball or shot one before. Getting into a perfect routine rhythm where you are constantly shooting consistently well is considered 'hot', and well the opposite is 'cold'

It's definitely a thing.

I was cold as fuck in my game last night. Nothing was falling, shooting form was WAY off. A few months ago I was like 7/8 from 3 and almost perfect from the field. I would consider that hot.

Quote (LeDaddy @ Oct 17 2017 03:43am)
How can you be "hot" if you're less likely to make your next shot after every one you make?

@the ad hominem attack, it truly is sad that I trust empirical studies done by others to form opinions rather than doing all empirical studies myself and only formulating opinions on the basis on studies I myself have done or things I have directly experienced :(

You might both be right, you just operate with different definitions of "hot hand" (and some confirmation bias). The feeling is definitely there, yet it doesn't show up statistically. Why?

The following studys might give us some ideas:

1: You're more likely to miss your next shot because the defence adapts, giving you more attention (Raab, Markus; Gula, Bartosz; Gigerenzer, Gerd (2012). "Raab, M., Gula, B., & Gigerenzer, G. (2011)". Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied). The same article confirms that the hot hand exists in Volleyball (where defences cannot shift their attention towards an individual to the same degree).
2: You're attempting shots with a higher difficulty when you're hot (LeDaddys own linked-to deadspin article).

So you'll make shots you otherwise wouldn't hit because you're hot, but you offset that "hotness" due to shot selection. If the defence doesn't honor you, and you keep your shot selection, you should in theory be able to ride the hot hand.
Likewise when you're cold: Players tend to cheat in defence, overhelping, opening up higher quality shots when you're cold. Thus you have a higher probability to make the shot.

You do feel hot when you make that contested step-back 3. On the other hand you do feel cold when you miss wide open Js.

For free throws the hot hand, statistically, seems to exist (Yaari, G.; Eisenmann, S. (2011). "The Hot (Invisible?) Hand: Can Time Sequence Patterns of Success/Failure in Sports Be Modeled as Repeated Random Independent Trials?")

Maybe we could all be friends now? No? Was afraid so :rofl:
Gold: 4,374.00
Oct 17 2017 07:24am
Quote (Soundless @ Oct 17 2017 06:46am)
You might both be right, you just operate with different definitions of "hot hand" (and some confirmation bias). The feeling is definitely there, yet it doesn't show up statistically. Why?

The following studys might give us some ideas:

1: You're more likely to miss your next shot because the defence adapts, giving you more attention (Raab, Markus; Gula, Bartosz; Gigerenzer, Gerd (2012). "Raab, M., Gula, B., & Gigerenzer, G. (2011)". Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied). The same article confirms that the hot hand exists in Volleyball (where defences cannot shift their attention towards an individual to the same degree).
2: You're attempting shots with a higher difficulty when you're hot (LeDaddys own linked-to deadspin article).

So you'll make shots you otherwise wouldn't hit because you're hot, but you offset that "hotness" due to shot selection. If the defence doesn't honor you, and you keep your shot selection, you should in theory be able to ride the hot hand.
Likewise when you're cold: Players tend to cheat in defence, overhelping, opening up higher quality shots when you're cold. Thus you have a higher probability to make the shot.

You do feel hot when you make that contested step-back 3. On the other hand you do feel cold when you miss wide open Js.

For free throws the hot hand, statistically, seems to exist (Yaari, G.; Eisenmann, S. (2011). "The Hot (Invisible?) Hand: Can Time Sequence Patterns of Success/Failure in Sports Be Modeled as Repeated Random Independent Trials?")

Maybe we could all be friends now? No? Was afraid so :rofl:

I'd vote no
Gold: 6,479.31
Oct 17 2017 07:33am
Quote (umade @ Oct 17 2017 01:56am)
Lebron with bad teams averaged what, 27 PPG, 31 PPG, 27 PPG, 30 PPG. So he still hogged it. But last two years in Cleveland he started racking up assists and has done that since.

wat, LeBron has always gotten assists.
Gold: 7.27
Oct 17 2017 01:15pm
yall niggas retarded.

always arguing.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll