d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > I Have To Choose A Macbook On Work
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,173.00
Oct 17 2017 06:40am
Quote (ZwiX @ 15 Oct 2017 06:43)
8GB RAM is more than enough!
And all 3 games does support mac OSX no reason to run boot camp.

The OSX itself though uses shit tons of RAM. MacBooks are underpowered compared to what that OS wants from it. The specifically make it so you have to get a new laptop every few releases.

Quote (LeiderGeil @ 16 Oct 2017 10:04)
wait wow wtf. do those things not come with an hdmi port?

anyone knows the last model that has hdmi?

Only lightning / mini displayport.

Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 16 Oct 2017 14:23)
rofl so true

if my work made me by an apple i'd quit that pos job in a heartbeat

pathetic employers with zero innovation and common sense

Lol no you wouldn't. You ask for an iPad air to go with it.

Quote (yupitsmeh @ 17 Oct 2017 05:53)
what game type of game you development you in, which company do you work for?

Übersoft.

Quote (LeiderGeil @ 15 Oct 2017 05:33)
i can choose between some models so i thaught which one is best to play some heartstone, d2 and d3 on it?

my work offers these ones:

- 2,7GHz 8GB RAM, 256GB-SSD Apple Macbook Pro retina 13,3''

- Apple MacBook Air 13,3“, 1.8GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

i think air is beter for travel but pro better for games?

Make a poll. I say MBA myself. Lightweight and portable.
Gold: 90.58
Oct 17 2017 12:06pm
Quote (yupitsmeh @ Oct 17 2017 03:53am)
what game type of game you development you in, which company do you work for?

why would i ever tell you? you'd prob call me a "moron" no matter what I say, lol

windows is king for game development. especially using wt-nmp or some type of wamp server to easily set up a nice dev system in literally a few clicks

same for nodejs development. windows makes it super easy, and if you need to test in a linux environment before production just use vagrant or buy a 2$/m vps off lowendbox

macOS and apple pros have literally no place in game development except maybe artists that create sprites or video editing. it's overrpriced garbage and not worth it whatsoever when you can make your own system that is far more powerful with a lot less money

Gold: 84.10
Oct 17 2017 12:27pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Oct 17 2017 01:06pm)
why would i ever tell you? you'd prob call me a "moron" no matter what I say, lol

windows is king for game development. especially using wt-nmp or some type of wamp server to easily set up a nice dev system in literally a few clicks

same for nodejs development. windows makes it super easy, and if you need to test in a linux environment before production just use vagrant or buy a 2$/m vps off lowendbox

macOS and apple pros have literally no place in game development except maybe artists that create sprites or video editing. it's overrpriced garbage and not worth it whatsoever when you can make your own system that is far more powerful with a lot less money

you have been proven QQ Liar,
and the multiple names people are calling you have earned so far

can you redeem yourself or keep going down that path

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on Oct 17 2017 12:30pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 17 2017 01:41pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 17 Oct 2017 11:06)

good doj pedo
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 17 2017 03:50pm
went for the mba as it was way lighter and thinner. awesome piece of wood apple made there. the technology feels slow and outdated but it runs just fine. at least for my office stuff i need and its so lightweight wew. like a tablet almost. got it running since 9 hours and there is still battery left. perfect for flights that dont offer powersupply.

gonna get a desktop for my gaming stuff i guess. most likely a 750ti build lel.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 19 2017 05:03am
Quote (NinjaSushi @ Oct 17 2017 07:40am)
The OSX itself though uses shit tons of RAM. MacBooks are underpowered compared to what that OS wants from it. The specifically make it so you have to get a new laptop every few releases.

Only lightning / mini displayport.

Lol no you wouldn't. You ask for an iPad air to go with it.

Übersoft.

Make a poll. I say MBA myself. Lightweight and portable.

I’ve had a mbp for over 6 years now...I want the fucker to die but it won’t, still works like a charm so I’d have to disagree

Doesn’t mean I’d recommend a mbp for anything beyond surfing the web and using word, ppt...but they’re extremely durable...which is a general consensus on the older models (late 00s-early 10s)...idk shit all abt the newer ones though
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll