d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Gaming Rig > $2500
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,238.74
Oct 8 2017 09:34pm
Budget: $2500 AUD
More specific use (what games, what programs): CSGO, PUBG, Path of Exile, GTA 5, Looking to expand on aswell.
Planned time until purchase: ASAP
Do you need an Operating System?: No
Do you have any specific preferred components?: Don't need a case (NZXT S340)
Do you need a sound or wireless card?: No
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: Water cooling
Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: No
Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): 4000

I got a build in mind, but just wanting to see other builds that can be put together

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/

also note, I can't order from Newegg either as I don't receive warranty because of international shipping or something

This post was edited by Rename on Oct 8 2017 09:56pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Oct 8 2017 09:38pm
wrong link
Oct 8 2017 09:40pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 9 2017 01:38pm)
wrong link

was just putting it there as an easy link to start building

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/FK8HPs

It's over the given budget, but I like it aesthetically
Oct 8 2017 10:19pm
Quote (Rename @ 8 Oct 2017 20:40)
was just putting it there as an easy link to start building

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/FK8HPs

It's over the given budget, but I like it aesthetically

oh lol thought you meant to link ur build for help.
Hmm is it aesthetically pleasing to you because of the RGB motherboard or the parts you picked out?? just trying to understand because the ram you picked is white LED, and the case is black and red, while x62/mobo is RGB. Is there a specific color you want your build or?

do you plan on streaming your games while playing too?

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 8 2017 10:23pm
Oct 8 2017 10:30pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 9 2017 02:19pm)
Hmm is it aesthetically pleasing to you because of the RGB motherboard?? just trying to understand because the ram you picked is white LED, and the case is black and red, while x62/mobo is RGB.
Is there a specific color you want your build or?

If I'm being honest I thought the RAM was rgb aswell, but seems like it isn't. As for the mobo sure it helps being RGB and same with the x62 and would allow me to change the colour scheme if i ever got a new case in the future

I don't really have any specific colour but thinking about it now, I would probably just stick to a red/black colour scheme until my next rig in however many years.

But all in all, I don't really need the RGB and stuff but a red/black colour scheme would fit nicely

Nah, I wouldn't be able to stream even if I tried, feels aussie man

This post was edited by Rename on Oct 8 2017 10:31pm
Oct 8 2017 10:52pm
Quote (Rename @ 8 Oct 2017 21:30)
If I'm being honest I thought the RAM was rgb aswell, but seems like it isn't. As for the mobo sure it helps being RGB and same with the x62 and would allow me to change the colour scheme if i ever got a new case in the future

I don't really have any specific colour but thinking about it now, I would probably just stick to a red/black colour scheme until my next rig in however many years.

But all in all, I don't really need the RGB and stuff but a red/black colour scheme would fit nicely

Nah, I wouldn't be able to stream even if I tried, feels aussie man

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/2PP7tJ
Total: $2544.80

well with your red/black case, the aorus ultra gaming mobo would match perfectly because of its minor red and it's also RGB.
Also, about the newegg note, are you talking about newegg's warranty?? Those don't really matter and are short anyway compared to manufacterer's warranty. So you shouldnt stop urself from ordering from newegg if other places are charging way more.
As for the cooler, you will probably like the thermaltake's recently released AIO more, has patented 16.8 million colors, silent rgb fans/pump, better cooling perf than x62 etc. But if you like the x62 looks more, get that.
Also feel free to change the GPU to aorus if it looks better to you, but strix is also there for not much more.
I also think you're better off getting a 275 ssd and a 1tb hdd because of the games you listed. PoE/pubg into ssd, the rest into hdd.

but if you still dont care about RGB/aesthetics and just want to cut cost without sacrificing perf lmk.
Oct 8 2017 11:07pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 9 2017 02:52pm)

well with your red/black case, the aorus ultra gaming mobo would match perfectly because of its minor red and it's also RGB.
Also, about the newegg note, are you talking about newegg's warranty?? Those don't really matter and are short anyway compared to manufacterer's warranty. So you shouldnt stop urself from ordering from newegg if other places are charging way more.
As for the cooler, you will probably like the thermaltake's recently released AIO more, has patented 16.8 million colors, silent rgb fans/pump, better cooling perf than x62 etc. But if you like the x62 looks more, get that.
Also feel free to change the GPU to aorus if it looks better to you, but strix is also there for not much more.
I also think you're better off getting a 275 ssd and a 1tb hdd because of the games you listed. PoE/pubg into ssd, the rest into hdd.

but if you still dont care about RGB/aesthetics and just want to cut cost without sacrificing perf lmk.

I think I saw something about not receiving the manufacturer warranty due to it being internationally shipped or something

Hello The Slayer,
Thanks for your question. Typically as this is an item being shipped internationally there is not manufacturer end user warranty which is why there is none listed on the item page for this item. I apologize. You could also try reaching out to the manufacturer for more information on their warranties to your area.
If we can do anything more to help, please let us know at wecare@newegg.com.
Newegg Support,
-David

This post was edited by Rename on Oct 8 2017 11:11pm
Oct 8 2017 11:12pm
Quote (Rename @ 8 Oct 2017 22:07)
I think I saw something about not receiving the manufacturer warranty due to it being internationally shipped or something

wow that's brutal, feels aus dude.
You should contact gskill anyway and see if they cover warranty on it.

This post was edited by Secksii on Oct 8 2017 11:13pm
Oct 8 2017 11:14pm
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 9 2017 03:12pm)
wow that's brutal, feels aus dude

Also, one of the retailers on the list has quite a few bad reviews so I am quite hesitant to buy off them

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/shopping-express.html
Oct 9 2017 12:12am
Quote (Secksii @ Oct 9 2017 02:52pm)

I don't really like the silver colour on the PSU + the cables that come with it. Also I already have a 1TB HDD and a 120GB SSD, and just wanted another SSD for more games. I can just ditch the HDD and also I would probably replace the crucial 275gb ssd with a 250gb samsung ssd to match the 120gb ssd that I have for visual appearance

Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll