d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > It (2017)
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 01:06pm
Quote (stupidkid282 @ Oct 16 2017 10:58am)
weak.

I'm still mad at myself about it. Of course my buddies told my dad, so he won't stop giving me shit about it too. Me and him are going to go see it tomorrow or Wednesday though, so at least I'll get to see it. I'm glad I stayed up long enough to at least see the fist scene with Georgie, that made Saturday's SNL skit sooooooooo much fucking better. Kate McKinnon is amazing.
Gold: 4.37
Oct 16 2017 01:50pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 16 2017 07:06pm)
I'm still mad at myself about it. Of course my buddies told my dad, so he won't stop giving me shit about it too. Me and him are going to go see it tomorrow or Wednesday though, so at least I'll get to see it. I'm glad I stayed up long enough to at least see the fist scene with Georgie, that made Saturday's SNL skit sooooooooo much fucking better. Kate McKinnon is amazing.

I did watch that skit, they put a LOT of work into that, but it was great.

I fell asleep during the only two (and much anticipated) midnight premiers I've been to. Needless to say, I never again will go to one, and the majority of the time, I stick to morning showings 9-11 am.

This post was edited by stupidkid282 on Oct 16 2017 01:52pm
Gold: Locked
Oct 16 2017 04:46pm
Quote (WelSh @ Oct 16 2017 02:48pm)
i think if you enjoyed stranger things you'll certainly enjoy this

Sounds good
Gold: 1,089.00
Oct 23 2017 05:09pm
For me it was a dumbed down version of the original, spiced up with modern effects. They eroded the character development and the story line in favor of a perpetual 'idiot up the attic' theme. As a SK reader, i already found the original IT medium to watch. Some might say that this is the best, like in this thread, but i've seen Shawshank Redemption, the Shining, The Green Mile. These were all better.

The Stand, Pet cemetary, Carrie, Christine are to me examples of movies that were about the same as this.
Oct 23 2017 05:26pm
Quote (Awoudex @ Oct 23 2017 03:09pm)
For me it was a dumbed down version of the original, spiced up with modern effects. They eroded the character development and the story line in favor of a perpetual 'idiot up the attic' theme. As a SK reader, i already found the original IT medium to watch. Some might say that this is the best, like in this thread, but i've seen Shawshank Redemption, the Shining, The Green Mile. These were all better.

The Stand, Pet cemetary, Carrie, Christine are to me examples of movies that were about the same as this.

People say IT was his best movie/book? Wait... who the fuck said that?

Ya, almost all the ones you names are better lol.

Shawshank/Shining/Green mile by a mile (huhu)

Pet Cemetery no, because they fucking raped that, same with The Stand (which was a mini-series, not a movie), but I'd say 1408 and The Mist were also better than the IT movie. He's had some realllllllllllly bad ones though. Thinner was rough, which is one of my favorite books. Pet Cemetery as I said was an embarrassment, and if they would have kept it true to the book, it could have been so epic. The little kid slicing open the old guy and jumping on top of him stabbing him and yelling that he was going to fuck him to death, I mean, it doesn't get more metal than that lol. Dream Catcher might be one of the worst, if not the worst. I forgot how bad that movie was.

Stand by Me is a classic, Children of the Corn spawned soooo much bullshit, and Carrie was alright, not my favorite, but it was decent. Also, a lot of people like Misery, which I didn't care for, but I haven't seen it in about 20 years, maybe it'd be better now.
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 23 2017 08:44pm
Meh. Nothing special. The kid from stranger things is a pretty good actor, compared to other kid actors at least.

The few scenes that were on the verge of being creepy we totally ruined by obvious jump scares.
Gold: 0.80
Oct 24 2017 12:33am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 23 2017 11:26pm)
People say IT was his best movie/book? Wait... who the fuck said that?

Ya, almost all the ones you names are better lol.

Shawshank/Shining/Green mile by a mile (huhu)

Pet Cemetery no, because they fucking raped that, same with The Stand (which was a mini-series, not a movie), but I'd say 1408 and The Mist were also better than the IT movie. He's had some realllllllllllly bad ones though. Thinner was rough, which is one of my favorite books. Pet Cemetery as I said was an embarrassment, and if they would have kept it true to the book, it could have been so epic. The little kid slicing open the old guy and jumping on top of him stabbing him and yelling that he was going to fuck him to death, I mean, it doesn't get more metal than that lol. Dream Catcher might be one of the worst, if not the worst. I forgot how bad that movie was.

Stand by Me is a classic, Children of the Corn spawned soooo much bullshit, and Carrie was alright, not my favorite, but it was decent. Also, a lot of people like Misery, which I didn't care for, but I haven't seen it in about 20 years, maybe it'd be better now.

If we're talking just books and ignoring film/tv adaptations, IT and The Stand and far superior to any of his other works :)

I'm really excited for the Castle Rock TV series though. I hope they do something with Needful things, love Leland Gaunt as a character. The Rick and Morty episode/nod to Gaunt was hilarious
Oct 24 2017 12:45am
Quote (WelSh @ Oct 23 2017 10:33pm)
If we're talking just books and ignoring film/tv adaptations, IT and The Stand and far superior to any of his other works :)

I'm really excited for the Castle Rock TV series though. I hope they do something with Needful things, love Leland Gaunt as a character. The Rick and Morty episode/nod to Gaunt was hilarious

You think so? The Stand is one of my all-time favorites, but the ending on IT reallllllly fucking hurt the book for me. It was amazing, and ya, it's easily one of his best, but there are a few that I enjoyed more. Dark Tower and Salem's Lot are slightly above the Stand for me, but I'd slide it in at #3, behind 11.22.63, It, Thinner, Pet Cemetery and then I have such a hard time choosing between his short stories, since I fucking love them all, Everything's Eventual or Different Seasons probably being my top 2. Fuck man, I need to read some more King again. From 5th grade to 10th grade, ALL I read was King lol. I discovered him at the end of 5th grade, I was complaining to my mom about being tired of "popular" reading material for my age talking down to the reader, and she recommended King and Anne Rice to me. I love both authors, and Rice I LOVED as a kid, but I have a harder time reading her stuff now. I think a lot of the sexuality just passed right over me as a child, and now, it's not that I dwell on it or anything, but it detracts from everything else when she's too heavy handed with it, and I don't give a shit about the gay/straight/bi thing or w/e, so it doesn't matter to me who Lestat is fucking lol, I just get sick of hearing about him wanting to fuck random people all the time, and everyone wanting to fuck him all the time, get to the good shit already you know.

King pissed me off sooooo fucking much though. The Dark Tower series, while it's my favorite, it's what made me stop reading King, and then I branched out into other things, I read a bunch of Lovecraft after him, and then I just went into a whirlwind of various writers, but I was very strict about only reading shit from certain authors for the longest time and then I finally stopped caring. Kings inability to end a fucking story helped me move on from him. That fucker knew how to piss me off lol. I loved his ending in the Mist, since I liked the idea of them all going insane, killing each other off one by one, before finally succumbing to the Mist themselves, since there's no fucking way the military was showing up to save them. I LOVED the dramatic twist for the cinematic version, especially since I knew the ending from the beginning, so when he fucking starts shooting people, I'm like what the actual fuck is going on here? Practically the same ending, they all die, just this way they made the main guy feel like the biggest piece of shit in the world before he drops himself. Not that you see him kill himself, but we knew it was coming.
Gold: 6,000.00
Oct 24 2017 07:32pm
Quote (WelSh @ Sep 8 2017 10:39am)
Loved it. Thank god.

Long time King fan, forever devastated by the appalling adaptations of his masterful books, but i really enjoyed this.

Great acting from the young cast - key to how successful the film will be.

But Skarsgard <3 nails it! without being overused.
The first scene whereby he's introduced is probrably one of my favourite in modern cinema.

The doubters who are convinced that Tim Curry (who was amazing, the saving grace of the original mini series) has immortalised the role and can't be beat will likely re-evaluate their opinion once they've watched.

pop pop pop

I wasn't so big on the remake not even walking in with comparing them but just in general, it was decent but I mean what has Hollywood given us in awhile as far as a solid horror goes.
Gold: 246.00
Oct 26 2017 01:15am
shit movie. overhyped by normies
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll