d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Hc Hammerdin Goes 99 > Diaruns - Lots Of Them!
Prev1101112131435Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2017 06:09pm
ISO That Shaftstop :ph34r:

This post was edited by Khboer on Aug 23 2017 06:09pm
Gold: 90.00
Aug 23 2017 06:09pm

Windy

So that's it for the day. Shako + Mara's in one day is decent to say the least! :)
Tomorrow I will continue with CS I think. Feels right and sooner or later I gotta grind the exp in CS anyway. Runs are taking 5 minutes depending on blocked paths, so not too terrible :)
Anyhow, I hope that I will get that random HR (JAH :rofl: ) in there somewhere.
Cheers guys :)
Gold: 100.24
Aug 23 2017 09:57pm
Chaos Sanctuary is just way more fun compared to Baalruns imho. Baalruns are so boring.
Gold: 13,020.00
Aug 23 2017 10:25pm
First of all, how can you xfer your items ? Because in single player, there is no password and even no game name.

Second, how did you get a Cerebus bite ? Because this druid helm is a Ladder item only. It cannot be dropped in single player because single player is like a non-ladder option. Otherwise, I already try to make an Insight in single player and it didn't work.
Aug 23 2017 10:30pm
Quote (0perator @ Aug 23 2017 08:25pm)
First of all, how can you xfer your items ? Because in single player, there is no password and even no game name.

Second, how did you get a Cerebus bite ? Because this druid helm is a Ladder item only. It cannot be dropped in single player because single player is like a non-ladder option. Otherwise, I already try to make an Insight in single player and it didn't work.

Ladder only items can spawn in single player, they simply can't spawn on non ladder realm. One of the more viewed zealots on Youtube has a Tomb Reaver on his merc, and he's not running any ladder RWs or big stash.

There are tons of ways to transfer items between characters on single player, whether it's ATMA or shared stash on Plugy
Aug 23 2017 10:38pm
Quote (Khboer @ 24 Aug 2017 00:30)
Ladder only items can spawn in single player, they simply can't spawn on non ladder realm. One of the more viewed zealots on Youtube has a Tomb Reaver on his merc, and he's not running any ladder RWs or big stash.

There are tons of ways to transfer items between characters on single player, whether it's ATMA or shared stash on Plugy

But, how can you enjoy more single player than multiplayer if you cannot get everything ?
Aug 23 2017 10:43pm
Quote (0perator @ Aug 23 2017 08:38pm)
But, how can you enjoy more single player than multiplayer if you cannot get everything ?

You can get everything (almost) in single player that you do in multi. The real exception is the Ubers, as the mods out there that enable them don't have the source code, do the AI is wrong and they don't spawn minions.

But you can get every item and every runeword in SP that you can online.
Aug 24 2017 02:31am
Quote (Khboer @ 24 Aug 2017 00:43)
You can get everything (almost) in single player that you do in multi. The real exception is the Ubers, as the mods out there that enable them don't have the source code, do the AI is wrong and they don't spawn minions.

But you can get every item and every runeword in SP that you can online.

But, if you can get an Internet connection, monoplayer is like a waste of time especially for a game of 2000 because the real game is always Expansion softcore ladder (this game is like the "package deal" of d2).
Aug 24 2017 03:00am
Quote (0perator @ Aug 24 2017 12:31am)
But, if you can get an Internet connection, monoplayer is like a waste of time especially for a game of 2000 because the real game is always Expansion softcore ladder (this game is like the "package deal" of d2).

Difference of opinion. Softcore ladder is trash. Loads of botted/duped hrs within two days of reset, people who want something for nothing, pkers, etc. The good duelers (I'm not one of them) are on non ladder.

I played HC ladder most recently, which was better, but still people who'd grab HRs or good drops out from under me when I'd rush them. At least you could punish them for it. I hot tp'd a guy in Tal Tomb after he grabbed a Guardian Angel and Lo rune in Hell arcane while I was keeping his dumbass alive. Pure FO sorc with trash merc gear that wouldn't hang back in town in a place full of CIs and mana drainers. If that was sc there'd have been zero consequences for his crap build and poor etiquette
Gold: 230.00
Aug 24 2017 03:05am
Quote (0perator @ 24 Aug 2017 10:31)

Singleplayer (or monoplayer as you call it) has some advantages over BNet:
- You won´t suffer RD from creating too many games in a short period of time => This means you can do a ton of short and fast runs
- No bots (this includes the various spam bots that annoy the crap out of everyone by even whispering you ingame and chats)
- More rewarding (this means that everything you will achieve in Singleplayer, you will have done it by yourself - no one giving you tps, rushes, bo, help for killing DClone etc.)

It also has practically no disadvantages (as mentioned by Khboer), for example you can set the player count to any setting you want between 1 and 8 players

I played BNet for a long time and personally what I love the most about SP is that you won´t suffer RD by fast runs

From my point of view ladder is a waste of time:
- Simply no one plays the game anymore and epeen length for being at the top of the ladder is wasted
- You cannot compete to bots - they will have the better gear overall and are much faster since they can run 24/7
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1101112131435Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll