d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > What The Health?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 5 2017 05:19pm
it's a polemic but if people aren't eating heavily plant-based diets or vegetarian diets, they're setting themselves up to die sooner than they would otherwise. that's a personal choice, but the facts are plain and simple, no matter the conduit through which they're pushed.
Gold: 1,895.00
Aug 5 2017 11:04pm
Quote (Wretch @ Aug 4 2017 04:06pm)
look, if the hard facts and science do not convince dumb people to take care of themselves, a documentary highlighting said facts and science won't either. i really don't know why people make these documentaries. public information poses zero threat to these meat processing companies and drug companies, and they all know that.

society's ignorance train only gains momentum. facts, and especially new ideas, are only met with slander and causes people to have more pride in their ignorance in the end. funny, this website is a glorious example of that.

Seems like you've seen the movie so curious what facts they reference? Most of these type of documentaries are full of misinterpretations of data to suit their narrative which is why I'm curious what this one's about.
Gold: 32,090.31
Aug 5 2017 11:46pm
Clearly you guys didn't check out my link.
Gold: 22.00
Aug 12 2017 01:16pm
Quote (dark-soul @ Aug 6 2017 01:04am)
Seems like you've seen the movie so curious what facts they reference? Most of these type of documentaries are full of misinterpretations of data to suit their narrative which is why I'm curious what this one's about.

i'd say the facts are all things on public record. studies referenced in the film that are on the national institute of medicine and health website, and easily google-able information about corporations and who their sponsors are.

processed meat is in fact a class 1 carcinogen and is in fact on the ACA's website under recipes. etc etc.

wouldn't necessarily say the knowledge shared by the doctors and PhDs are fact, but it's there.

i couldn't make it through the whole thing. only saw about half :P when they began the bit about dioxins in animal products but failed to mention the presence of dioxins in many plant proteins i was kinda put off.

This post was edited by Wretch on Aug 12 2017 01:21pm
Gold: 32,090.31
Aug 12 2017 01:48pm
Quote (Wretch @ Aug 12 2017 03:16pm)
i'd say the facts are all things on public record. studies referenced in the film that are on the national institute of medicine and health website, and easily google-able information about corporations and who their sponsors are.

processed meat is in fact a class 1 carcinogen and is in fact on the ACA's website under recipes. etc etc.

wouldn't necessarily say the knowledge shared by the doctors and PhDs are fact, but it's there.

i couldn't make it through the whole thing. only saw about half :P when they began the bit about dioxins in animal products but failed to mention the presence of dioxins in many plant proteins i was kinda put off.

Every documentary has an agenda, especially Netflix documentaries.

People need to learn that moderation is key.

Essentially the same article, but a little different and from two credible sites.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/meat-and-health

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/can-vegetarians-build-muscle
Gold: 22.00
Aug 12 2017 10:47pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Aug 12 2017 03:48pm)
Every documentary has an agenda, especially Netflix documentaries.

People need to learn that moderation is key.

Essentially the same article, but a little different and from two credible sites.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/meat-and-health

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/can-vegetarians-build-muscle

the first one linked is good. wish more people thought like how that guy does. he breaks it down simply and efficiently.

Well, a large part of it may be that most typical high meat eaters also tend to eat less of the other healthy stuff. Like veggies. Like whole, unprocessed grains. Like healthy fats. So their diets tend to be high in calories, high in saturated fat, and low in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, etc. This is a pretty good recipe for disease risk for most people.

so true. it's hard to capture the whole picture when it comes to diet, scientifically i mean. there are a ridiculous number of variables. activity level, genetics, environmental exposure... maddening. so damn right, moderation is key imo.
Gold: 25.65
Aug 14 2017 02:34pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Aug 4 2017 10:34am)
Biased bullshit

What isn't these days tho
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll