d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Neymar And Sanchez To Psg > It's Happening
Prev13456728Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 28 2017 01:44pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ 28 Jul 2017 19:27)
Psg would be retarded to pay this much for Neymar.
If I were Barca I'd sell the fk out of him.

the thing is, nowadays the club itself doesn't really pay the player anymore in these clubs, you of all people should know that seeing how you support 14 different billionaire owned clubs.

the financial risk for the club is minimal - if their sugar daddy wants neymar, if neymar's father feels he needs another yacht, and barcelona is willing to let him go, then paris will buy him - a couple of millions more or less really make no significant difference.
real financial fair play obviously doesn't exist, the reward for good performances is relatively small, that alone doesn't enable clubs to keep their best players or even improve their squad with better ones. success on the pitch and smart management are becoming negligible factors in most leagues unfortunately. you get the best players if you have the richest owners, it's as simple as that...

i mean just look at the manchester clubs for example: in the old days, the many mediocre years would have backfired. underwhelming league performances and placements, early champions league exits, ridiculously expensive transfers that underperformed... that would have set a club back. these days, they can just keep spending and spending, buying mediocre players for ridiculous sums, hoping that one will turn out to be decent, and discard the ones that don't work. it's like football manager on easy difficulty for them...
Gold: 4,383.11
Jul 28 2017 02:35pm
Quote (fender @ 28 Jul 2017 21:44)
the thing is, nowadays the club itself doesn't really pay the player anymore in these clubs, you of all people should know that seeing how you support 14 different billionaire owned clubs.

the financial risk for the club is minimal - if their sugar daddy wants neymar, if neymar's father feels he needs another yacht, and barcelona is willing to let him go, then paris will buy him - a couple of millions more or less really make no significant difference.
real financial fair play obviously doesn't exist, the reward for good performances is relatively small, that alone doesn't enable clubs to keep their best players or even improve their squad with better ones. success on the pitch and smart management are becoming negligible factors in most leagues unfortunately. you get the best players if you have the richest owners, it's as simple as that...

i mean just look at the manchester clubs for example: in the old days, the many mediocre years would have backfired. underwhelming league performances and placements, early champions league exits, ridiculously expensive transfers that underperformed... that would have set a club back. these days, they can just keep spending and spending, buying mediocre players for ridiculous sums, hoping that one will turn out to be decent, and discard the ones that don't work. it's like football manager on easy difficulty for them...

i do hope this will end one day, i have read an interesting comment from the tottenham manager recently and he thinks that this madness will not continue long term

btw one should add that the exact spending mentality described by you is the reason the english national team sucks so hard ^_^
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2017 03:28pm
Not even just about the owners money these days. Leicester have been back in the prem 3 years, last year we were in the top 20 clubs in the world for revenue. That shouldn't even be possible.

But until the premier league get rid of sky, this will be the norm. Personally don't know a single person that is happy with it.
Gold: Locked
Jul 28 2017 03:59pm
Quote (fdp @ Jul 28 2017 02:33pm)
well he's better than any premier league or bundesliga player, why would it be stupid to take him if we have the chance?
he's a game changer and he can help us reach our goal, more than any other player

i agree it's a lot of money tho but i'd rather spend 220 on neymar than 85 on lukaku or 60 on mendy, wouldn't you?

Hazard and Sanchez are both better than Neymar.
Gold: 2,423.00
Jul 28 2017 04:02pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 28 2017 11:59pm)

Sanchez not half the player Neymar is
Gold: 0.80
Jul 28 2017 04:02pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 28 2017 09:59pm)

:rolleyes:
Gold: 4,230.11
Jul 28 2017 04:08pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ 28 Jul 2017 22:59)

lol
Gold: 57.00
Jul 28 2017 04:11pm
Quote (WNxIrvine @ 28 Jul 2017 17:28)
Not even just about the owners money these days. Leicester have been back in the prem 3 years, last year we were in the top 20 clubs in the world for revenue. That shouldn't even be possible.

But until the premier league get rid of sky, this will be the norm. Personally don't know a single person that is happy with it.

Defening Prem champions and advanced to 1/8 UCL will do that now my friend

great sig btw
Gold: Locked
Jul 28 2017 04:25pm
Quote (WelSh @ Jul 28 2017 06:02pm)
:rolleyes:

Okay Sanchez maybe not.
But Hazard? Come on... The guy is EASILY better than Neymar. Could you imagine how much better Hazard would do than neymar in la liga?
And vice versa, how shitty Neymar would do in the prem.

People overrate Neymar because of his overall fame levels. He is just so marketable and has been since he was in Brazil.
Gold: 12,840.00
Jul 28 2017 08:45pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Jul 28 2017 05:25pm)
Okay Sanchez maybe not.
But Hazard? Come on... The guy is EASILY better than Neymar. Could you imagine how much better Hazard would do than neymar in la liga?
And vice versa, how shitty Neymar would do in the prem.

People overrate Neymar because of his overall fame levels. He is just so marketable and has been since he was in Brazil.

What in actual …
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev13456728Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll