d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Question Regarding Info On Saved Files > Offering 400 Fg For Help
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,234.00
Jun 5 2017 09:47am
I dont have any use for my fg, so im willing to give a lot of fg to anyone who can help me here.

1) How easy is it to find documents that were deleted (also from trashcan)? It was a word document that was saved on my desktop.

2) Can you see the history of a given document? i.e. can you see what changes have been made when somehow?

3) If you replace on file with another, can you tell in any way, other than the time at which the two documents were saved?

I direly need help. Thanks!
Gold: 22,000.00
Jun 5 2017 12:27pm
The only help I could give you is to never have your files saved only in 1 location

Use cloud, external hard drives, NAS or even SVN/GIT

This way you will have versioning and recovery.

Any way, in your case, you might google to find some recovery softwares with more or less success to recover your file
Gold: 1,457.00
Jun 5 2017 03:46pm
1. Depends if they were overwritten. If not, you can usually recover them just fine (eg. photorec)
2. Depends on format, but most likely no, unless explicitly enabled (iirc in Word when you have multiple authors you can track changes. But not on by default)
3. If someone has access to older file, sure. There is also a lot of metadata in most document formats - including version of the editor, date, format, operating system version, username and whatever else computer was able to get.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2017 08:51pm
1) you need to dig up a hack software that will reveal all of the shadow copies in your hard drive

2) if the document has a history itself, yes. If you did copy and paste replacements the (1) method will work

3) method (1) will work

---

I accidentally deleted my company files on a backed up usb hard drive and couldnt revert the delete
My brothers girlfriend used some kind of software that scans for shadow copies and recreated all the deleted files up to a certain amount of memory space
If you think this would help you at all, i can go back to our office and lookup the software she used to recover all of my data
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll