d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Conor Mcgregor News > Mma/boxing Legends News & Updates
Prev1614615616617618741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
May 16 2020 02:47pm
Quote (NitrogenPeroxide @ May 15 2020 11:28pm)
lol u already know hes 100% doing it for attention and to make it seem like he "cares". in reality he doesnt give a fuck about khabib or anyone for that matter. he prolly hates khabibs guts because he got annihilated by him.

its the same with helping out hospitals and stuff. hes most likely doing it for attention. u can tell hes not really a caring or humble person but tries to make himself seem like he is.

hmm i honestly dunno what to think about this. when watching it live, i was honestly impressed cuz conor seemed like he was doing good and landed a few decent shots.

after watching a 2nd and 3rd time, to me it looks like as nekrotic likes to say, "carried" him but more specifically just toyed with him and let him think he had a chance to make the fight more interesting for the viewers/bettors. u can easily tell that floyd was never really in danger, at all.

but who knows. maybe he really was having a difficult time early on tryna figure out the unorthodox stance of conors boxing. still think a 2nd match would go the same way though tbh. i honestly dont give a crap about the boxing tho. conor should just sign a fight with one of the top contenders instead of constantly making dumb tweets in search of attention.

Quote (Agent007 @ May 16 2020 10:51am)
what the fuck did i just read

did you even watch the fight?

You and I def didn't watch the same fight... Floyd looked old and only started looking good during the last few mins of the fight...
Quote (nekrotic @ May 16 2020 10:53am)
He's a casual..

that's rich coming from you :rofl:
you dodged me like 18 times you have zero fucking place to speak, go back to gc or pard.

May 16 2020 02:49pm
Quote (NitrogenPeroxide @ May 15 2020 11:28pm)
lol u already know hes 100% doing it for attention and to make it seem like he "cares". in reality he doesnt give a fuck about khabib or anyone for that matter. he prolly hates khabibs guts because he got annihilated by him.

its the same with helping out hospitals and stuff. hes most likely doing it for attention. u can tell hes not really a caring or humble person but tries to make himself seem like he is.

hmm i honestly dunno what to think about this. when watching it live, i was honestly impressed cuz conor seemed like he was doing good and landed a few decent shots.

after watching a 2nd and 3rd time, to me it looks like as nekrotic likes to say, "carried" him but more specifically just toyed with him and let him think he had a chance to make the fight more interesting for the viewers/bettors. u can easily tell that floyd was never really in danger, at all.

but who knows. maybe he really was having a difficult time early on tryna figure out the unorthodox stance of conors boxing. still think a 2nd match would go the same way though tbh. i honestly dont give a crap about the boxing tho. conor should just sign a fight with one of the top contenders instead of constantly making dumb tweets in search of attention.

Maybe he did carry him but he didn't make it look "easy" or "simple" by no means, I believe connor really was throwing him off and fucking him up the first few rounds and floyd had nothing to offer until he started lasting longer with cardio, I think if connor had cardio it wouldnt have went the same way at all.
Gold: 0.30
May 16 2020 02:57pm
conor knocks floyd and khabib out cold in the rematches

only carrying going on is khabib fanboys 'carry' these big irish balls in their bottom lip

[/IMG]
Gold: 5.00
May 16 2020 03:00pm
Quote (Reyecky @ May 16 2020 01:49pm)
Maybe he did carry him but he didn't make it look "easy" or "simple" by no means, I believe connor really was throwing him off and fucking him up the first few rounds and floyd had nothing to offer until he started lasting longer with cardio, I think if connor had cardio it wouldnt have went the same way at all.

i dunno if i would consider it "fucking floyd up" but conor deff did pretty decent. i remember watching it live seemed like he did more damage but when rewatching it its clear as day floyd wasnt in any danger

cardio wise, i dont think conor has bad cardio per se (deff not the best out of fighters but not the worst either) its just that he doesnt know how to manage his gas tank and thats on him. look at yoel. after gassing in previous fights he only commits to his attacks when he feels there's an opening. conor should do the same

conors flaw is that he will commit to everything and use so much energy and if what he did doesnt put the enemy away (like in the 1st diaz fight) then hes screwed.
Gold: 83.00
May 16 2020 05:20pm
Quote (NitrogenPeroxide @ May 16 2020 02:00pm)
i dunno if i would consider it "fucking floyd up" but conor deff did pretty decent. i remember watching it live seemed like he did more damage but when rewatching it its clear as day floyd wasnt in any danger

cardio wise, i dont think conor has bad cardio per se (deff not the best out of fighters but not the worst either) its just that he doesnt know how to manage his gas tank and thats on him. look at yoel. after gassing in previous fights he only commits to his attacks when he feels there's an opening. conor should do the same

conors flaw is that he will commit to everything and use so much energy and if what he did doesnt put the enemy away (like in the 1st diaz fight) then hes screwed.

Yeah, against a fighter like conor from Floyd’s point of view he prob saw a few options considering he knew conor had power, and didn’t have much film on him in a boxing setting.

1) Go in emotional guns blazing and trust your reflexes and training in the moment that you won’t get caught in the few minutes it takes to demolish him.

2) Go full on defense mode and out point him from the outside, trusting that your defensive instincts will allow you to absorb and roll with any shots he sneaks through without taking actual damage all the way to the final bell.

3) middle ground, downloading info for a few rounds playing it safe. Then explode later when you’re aware of his tendencies and his notorious energy inefficiency kicks in. Reducing chances of getting slept when you’re opening yourself up.

I think Floyd went option 3 and envisioned the fight going almost exactly how it went. Except conor was probably better than he thought he’d be so the KO came a bit later.
Gold: 0.00
May 16 2020 06:04pm
Quote (Lethdar @ May 16 2020 04:20pm)
Yeah, against a fighter like conor from Floyd’s point of view he prob saw a few options considering he knew conor had power, and didn’t have much film on him in a boxing setting.

1) Go in emotional guns blazing and trust your reflexes and training in the moment that you won’t get caught in the few minutes it takes to demolish him.

2) Go full on defense mode and out point him from the outside, trusting that your defensive instincts will allow you to absorb and roll with any shots he sneaks through without taking actual damage all the way to the final bell.

3) middle ground, downloading info for a few rounds playing it safe. Then explode later when you’re aware of his tendencies and his notorious energy inefficiency kicks in. Reducing chances of getting slept when you’re opening yourself up.

I think Floyd went option 3 and envisioned the fight going almost exactly how it went. Except conor was probably better than he thought he’d be so the KO came a bit later.

I think your points are generally right. I don’t know Floyd or what he did/thinks.

But what I do know is he’s an old retired boxer. And still beat the piss out of Conor McGregor. Stay in your lane Conor.
May 16 2020 08:12pm
Quote (Lethdar @ May 16 2020 07:20pm)

I agree with this
Gold: 0.30
May 16 2020 08:32pm
lol conor did so well that floyd and the hordes of anti-fans are still here making full paragraphs will bullet-points of excuses
Gold: 83.00
May 16 2020 08:52pm
Quote (Majithor @ May 16 2020 07:32pm)
lol conor did so well that floyd and the hordes of anti-fans are still here making full paragraphs will bullet-points of excuses

Haha. I actually wanted conor to win that fight so bad. Would’ve been crazy
Gold: 5.00
May 16 2020 10:50pm
Quote (Lethdar @ May 16 2020 07:52pm)
Haha. I actually wanted conor to win that fight so bad. Would’ve been crazy

lol same

was rooting for conor in that fight. wouldve been insane had he won
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1614615616617618741Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll