d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Season 7 > Premier Date Announced
Prev189101112126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.00
Jun 16 2017 04:44pm
Quote (Current @ Jun 15 2017 08:48pm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Wv1nX-Pog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzA4dCT4X0I&t=102s

i'm sure theres a plethora of more extreme examples but here you go :)

What the fuck does this have to do with the character Daenerys Targaryen?

You gonna post a video of some random guy smoking crack as proof as to why Jon Snow is a crackhead next?
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 16 2017 04:49pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jun 16 2017 02:44pm)
What the fuck does this have to do with the character Daenerys Targaryen?

You gonna post a video of some random guy smoking crack as proof as to why Jon Snow is a crackhead next?

The entire show is actually about the holocaust being a hoax. Let me post a YouTube video of a crazy person rambling for 10 minutes as proof.

Seriously, the fuck is wrong with this Current guy?
Gold: 3,933.00
Jun 16 2017 11:16pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 16 2017 06:49pm)
The entire show is actually about the holocaust being a hoax. Let me post a YouTube video of a crazy person rambling for 10 minutes as proof.

Seriously, the fuck is wrong with this Current guy?

dude you need to chill out. it's the internet man. i probably shouldn't have been so curt in my response as to put things in better context but i was responding to the following:

"Idk I think people are really overblowing the SJW shit."

I was making the point that the left has its extremists just as the right does.

let me just make it clear that im not allying myself with the guy whos saying danys is an sjw. i was contesting the point that "people are overblowing the sjw shit".

and judging from your reactions, i think it just confirms that the sjws portrayed in the videos are "crazy"?

i come from a pretty liberal state and i would say my group of friends are pretty liberal so when they try to spew this quasi pseudo intellectual bunk, i make it a point to say otherwise.

needless to say, it's the internet man. you're always gonna find someone that has a different opinion. i'm just surprised that people are still getting triggered nowadays.
Jun 16 2017 11:26pm
Quote (Current @ Jun 16 2017 09:16pm)
dude you need to chill out. it's the internet man. i probably shouldn't have been so curt in my response as to put things in better context but i was responding to the following:

"Idk I think people are really overblowing the SJW shit."

I was making the point that the left has its extremists just as the right does.

let me just make it clear that im not allying myself with the guy whos saying danys is an sjw. i was contesting the point that "people are overblowing the sjw shit".

and judging from your reactions, i think it just confirms that the sjws portrayed in the videos are "crazy"?

i come from a pretty liberal state and i would say my group of friends are pretty liberal so when they try to spew this quasi pseudo intellectual bunk, i make it a point to say otherwise.

needless to say, it's the internet man. you're always gonna find someone that has a different opinion. i'm just surprised that people are still getting triggered nowadays.

What are you even talking about? Overblowing this SJW shit in regards to Danny and the show.. Saying people are triggered or angry because they're flabbergasted by your inability to comprehend what you're reading, is just wrong. If you have no idea what the conversation is about, why post?

But no, once again, pointing out when someone says something stupid means you must be angry, there's no possible way I could just be pointing something out for you, that you're clearly missing.
Jun 17 2017 12:10am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 17 2017 01:26am)
What are you even talking about? Overblowing this SJW shit in regards to Danny and the show.. Saying people are triggered or angry because they're flabbergasted by your inability to comprehend what you're reading, is just wrong. If you have no idea what the conversation is about, why post?

But no, once again, pointing out when someone says something stupid means you must be angry, there's no possible way I could just be pointing something out for you, that you're clearly missing.

you're strawmanning me and i think you're projecting my friend. i don't really understand your train of thought there but you need to re-read what i wrote.

"But no, once again, pointing out when someone says something stupid means you must be angry"

And who am I pointing out as to saying something stupid? I think fuzzy159 is entitled to his opinion just as I am in showing a different perspective.

You keep trying to portray me as the guy whos saying danys is an SJW but when did I even say that? I'm pretty sure that was someone else. I actually really like dany and jon as characters and admittedly, I get upset when people trash talk them but this addresses another question to the forum. Are we only allowed to discuss opinions that are generally agreed upon through consensus? So if I say the Mountain is a rapist and a pig, and that isn't the agreed upon notion, should I be banned for saying that?

"If you have no idea what the conversation is about, why post?"

I can post because I'm a human being and it's my right. Why do you post?
Jun 17 2017 12:35am
Quote (Current @ Jun 16 2017 10:10pm)
you're strawmanning me and i think you're projecting my friend. i don't really understand your train of thought there but you need to re-read what i wrote.

"But no, once again, pointing out when someone says something stupid means you must be angry"

And who am I pointing out as to saying something stupid? I think fuzzy159 is entitled to his opinion just as I am in showing a different perspective.

You keep trying to portray me as the guy whos saying danys is an SJW but when did I even say that? I'm pretty sure that was someone else. I actually really like dany and jon as characters and admittedly, I get upset when people trash talk them but this addresses another question to the forum. Are we only allowed to discuss opinions that are generally agreed upon through consensus? So if I say the Mountain is a rapist and a pig, and that isn't the agreed upon notion, should I be banned for saying that?

"If you have no idea what the conversation is about, why post?"

I can post because I'm a human being and it's my right. Why do you post?

Originally, you posted two videos saying "here you go" as a response to me saying I don't understand wtf people are on about (in regards to Danny being a SJW). Your post was not in any way relevant to the conversation.... You're just talking in circles, but it doesn't change that you posted something completely unrelated to the conversation at hand and put it forward with the implication that it would help me understand why people see Danny as a SJW.

Now you've resorted to using buzzwords that you don't fully understand to try and add validity to your statements... Unfortunately, you need to say something that's actually relevant in the first place before adding to it's validity.

It was a dumb post. It doesn't really matter what transpired after, or what your intention of it was. Would be best if we could just move on and actually discuss the show, or don't; I don't really care either way,
Jun 17 2017 03:29am
i actually realize i didn't read the entirety of what fuzzy159 wrote in proper context, my bad.

"Idk I think people are really overblowing the SJW shit.

I'm pretty conservative and I see nothing wrong with a strong woman freeing slaves."

I read it as people over blowing the sjw shit not seeing the extremist side of things as if all sjws were these gallant danys riding horses to battle. Is this what you guys meant? If not
then way for me to take things out of perspective.

But I think the case for comparisons of dany and sjws could be made.

what is an sjw? a pejorative term for someone that advocates for the rights of minorities and marginalized groups.

we can't say that dany hasn't exhibited any of these traits or have taken the extreme rout in some cases can we? :P

Gold: 25.20
Jun 17 2017 03:35am
Quote (Current @ Jun 17 2017 03:29am)
what is an sjw? a pejorative term for someone that advocates for the rights of minorities and marginalized groups.

Advocating for rights? More like advocating for privileges.
People for the most part have similar rights already.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jun 17 2017 03:35am
Jun 17 2017 05:16am
Quote (Current @ Jun 17 2017 01:29am)
i actually realize i didn't read the entirety of what fuzzy159 wrote in proper context, my bad.

"Idk I think people are really overblowing the SJW shit.

I'm pretty conservative and I see nothing wrong with a strong woman freeing slaves."

I read it as people over blowing the sjw shit not seeing the extremist side of things as if all sjws were these gallant danys riding horses to battle. Is this what you guys meant? If not
then way for me to take things out of perspective.

But I think the case for comparisons of dany and sjws could be made.

we can't say that dany hasn't exhibited any of these traits or have taken the extreme rout in some cases can we? :P

Thank you for realizing that.

Quote (FroggyG @ Jun 17 2017 01:35am)

Danny displays none of the traits that the worst liberals do. Also, even just the term SJW is one of the dumbest fucking terms I've ever seen catch on. Fighting for social justices is a noble as fuck cause. However, that's not what these dimwits are fighting for. Whoever thought branding them as SJWs was an insult, and how it's actually caught on as an insult, just prove show horribly stupid the majority of this countries inhabitants are.

She doesn't have a false sense of entitlement, she's not demanding extra shit without doing anything to get it, she doesn't constantly cry about shit while doing nothing to change it, she's not even a lesbian or confused about her sexual orientation.

Danny is just a strong female... and once again, I don't understand where this shit is coming from and why being a strong woman is now equivalent to being a propaganda machine for the FAR left. The bitch commands dragons, and she's the rightful heir to the throne. No shit she wants to sweep into the country like a fucking plague and eradicate anyone that stands against her, that's her fucking birthright. If it was a dude instead of a chick and the story had gone EXACTLY the same way, you wouldn't hear anyone complaining about it being leftist propaganda, but for some damn reason, right wing nut jobs just think that EVERYTHING is subliminal messaging trying to turn them gay or trying to get them to emphasize with whiny bitches who's idea of equality is being given more than their male counterparts.
Jun 17 2017 01:46pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Jun 17 2017 05:35am)

agreed :D

To respond to jadeoshbogosh though:

It's definitely the popularly held notion that dany is a strong female but generalizations aside, i don't think it's that far out for someone to perceive her as an sjw. I think being a queen, she has to take on this persona of being a social justice warrior because that's what the quintessential warrior queen does and she has to because she exists in a medieval world where slavery is prevalent. but if the settings were reversed and danys was placed in the modern world into a position of power, i think you could make the case for her being the ideal sjw just as you could for her not being one. the reason for this is because in the books, id say shes portrayed as constantly being torn between the decision of becoming the loving mother or the warrior queen who's banners are "fire and blood". we see her choose the latter in some instances only to be held back by tyrion. its important to note that its a possibility that the extreme version of "fire and blood" dany is what she might become.

if you read any of the theories, theres some alluding to her becoming another aerys ii. given the trials she'll have to face, the three betrayals, etc. it isn't that far of a stretch that dany could become an sjw like zarna joshi or someone crazy for that matter. and i think that's the brilliance behind martins title " a song of ice and fire". it can mean alot of things as well as the dichotomy of jon snow and danys targaryan who seem to be the two main protagonists the show is slowly coming down to. i personally haven't really seen the comparison of dany being compared to the sjw too frequently but i dont think the contention is them necessarily saying she is someone like zarna joshi but more so how her character plays out and what she represents.

after her trial with khal drogo, she is given and fed power. if this were a stock chart, she just went from 0 to 1000%. with little history, i think anyone can see the volatility there and the potential of fire to consume itself. compare this with jon snow who is constantly faced with defeat and has to build himself from nothing. one can say he is the common man who rises through the dominance hierarchy through his own strength fighting along his soldiers at the front line. he has the strength to fight battles with his own sword. tell me this though, jon snow is still the strong warrior who can fight with his own two hands if you take away his all his support and armies. Who does dany become should you take away all her supporters and backers? the beggar queen?

"If it was a dude instead of a chick and the story had gone EXACTLY the same way, you wouldn't hear anyone complaining about it being leftist propaganda"

To be frank, if it were a dude. i think we would probably be talking about how jon represents more of the masculine and dany represents more of the feminine in leadership. and to address the propaganda aspect, i think you're viewing it through the lens of everyone on the right being alex jones or something. but tell me this, is society becoming more liberal or more conservative? are we seeing more sex and nudity on tv? are more social taboos being discussed through the form of media? i don't think it's outright propaganda but more so that society is drifting towards it implicitly and it isn't necessarily a good thing.

and to clarify, i think your point is that people are overblowing the sjw shit in that george rr martin is just a good story teller and creates very real characters and i would agree. i wouldn't have him tell the story any other way.

where i disagree is more so in that the other side isn't necessarily wrong either. to say that hbo isn't catering to a more liberal audience or doesn't score points in hollywood to depict a certain narrative to me is a gross underestimation. for the sake of brevity and to sum things up, i think if anything, the sjw side of things definitely isn't overblown and for that matter, it's damaging to society :P.

Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev189101112126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll