d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Ostracizedones' Shockadin Guide
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.31
Nov 20 2016 10:03am
The Shockadin, is a Paladin build which could be considered one half of the Auradin. As the Auradin uses Holy Shock and Holy Fire at the same time, the Shockadin uses only Holy Shock. I have attempted to made this build a long time ago, but it was ineffective as it did poor damage and had low attack rating (I also didn’t know what in the world I was doing). After a bit of research, I have put together a decent Shockadin build.

110 Skill Point Distribution

* All 110 skill points will be used

Offensive Auras (25 Points Spent Total)

1 Might - Prerequisite for Conviction, as well the other Offensive Auras listed below
1 Holy Fire
1 Thorns
1 Holy Freeze
1 Sanctuary
20 Conviction - Your main aura, reduces enemy resistance and defense.

Defensive Auras (40 Points Spent Total)

20 Resist Lightning - Synergy to Holy Shock
20 Salvation - Synergy to Holy Shock

Combat Skills (Remaining 45 Points)

20 Sacrifice - Prerequisite and synergy for Zeal
20 Zeal - Your main attack
1 Smite - Prerequisite to Holy Shield, as well as the other Combat Skills listed below
1 Charge
1 Holy Bolt
1 Blessed Hammer
1 Holy Shield - Increased defense and chance of blocking
* The 19 points that go into Sacrifice could also go into either Holy Shield for better blocking and defense, or Blessed Aim for better attack rating.
__________________________________________________ _______________

505 Attribute Distribution

Strength - Put as many points as you need to equip your gear.
Dexterity - Put as much as you need to achieve 75% chance of blocking. * To save points, do this while Holy Shield is casted after Battle Command. (Or if you don’t really care for Max Block, just dump those points in Vitality as well).
Vitality - Put the rest of the points in here.
Energy – None.

Equipment

* Recommended gear will be listed before secondary options

Weapon

* If you use a Berserker Axe where it’s an option, get plenty of Ort Runes ready to repair it.

Grief (5 Socket Axes/Swords), preferably in a Phase Blade or Berserker Axe. (Ladder-Only)
Rune order: Eth – Tir – Lo – Mal – Ral
Grief is my go-to Zeal weapon. Grief gives a big boost to your minimum damage so that your damage is consistent, in addition to 35% Chance to Cast Level 15 Venom on Striking. It also has Increased Attack Speed which is even better when Grief is created in a Phase Blade, which are very fast weapons in general. And last, but not least, it gives you Ignores Target Defense.

Breath of the Dying (6 Socket Weapons), preferably in an Ethereal Berserker Axe.
Rune order: Vex - Hel - El - Eld - Zod - Eth
Breath of the Dying offers a big boost of damage, life steal, attack speed, and attributes. It's also indestructible.

Beast (5 Socket Axes/Scepters/Hammers)
Rune order: Ber - Tir - Um - Mal - Lum
Beast has some pretty good stats. Though not as sexy as Grief, it does make up for it with the boost of Strength, crushing blow, and a nice level 9 Fanaticism aura. Fanaticism will add damage, attack speed, and attack rating.

Death (5 Socket Swords/Axes) (Ladder-Only)
Rune order: Hel - El - Vex - Ort - Gul
Death is pretty decent considering how cheap it is. It has lots of damage, a 50% chance of crushing blow, a chance of deadly strike based on your character level, and is also indestructible.

Phoenix (4 Socket Weapons/Shields) (Ladder-Only)
Rune order: Vex - Vex - Lo - Jah
Phoenix dishes out some decent damage. It also has a 20% chance of deadly strike, it ignores target defense and it has a Redemption aura that can be any level from 10 to 15. This comes in handy for when you're killing monsters, because it will redeem their souls which will heal your health and mana.

Swapped Weapon

Call to Arms (5 Socket Weapons), preferably in a 5 socket scepter that has a level 1, 2 or 3 to Holy Shield. If you can't get a scepter with the Holy Shield stat right away, then I suggest you make the runeword in a weapon with very low Strength or Dexterity requirements, like a Flail or a Crystal Sword. Flails and Crystal Swords are popular weapon choices for this runeword.
Rune order: Amn - Ral - Mal - Ist - Ohm
Call to Arms has unique stats which makes it irreplaceable. :/ Once created, it will grant you 3 Barbarian Warcries, 2 of which are Battle Orders and Battle Command. Battle Command adds a skill point to all your manually skilled abilities while Battle Orders increases health and mana.

Swapped Shield

* To be used with Call to Arms.

Spirit (4 Socket Swords/Shields) (Ladder-Only)
Rune order: Tal - Thul - Ort- Amn
Spirit is a great runeword for many reasons. The runes used to make it are very easy to find and the 2 to all skills is important.

Splendor (2 Socket Shields)
Rune order: Eth - Lum
Splendor adds 1 to all skills, making it a variable to Spirit.

Lidless Wall
Lidless Wall is a Unique Grim Shield that also adds 1 point to all your skills. It is a more common variable to Spirit compared to Splendor.

Shield

Dream (3 Socket Helms/Shields) (Ladder-Only), preferably in a Sacred Targe that has 35 - 45 to all resistances.
Rune order: Io - Jah - Pul
Dream gives Holy Shock while equipped, rendering it irreplaceable. Another thing it gives, is increased resistances, health, and faster hit recovery.

Helm

Dream - Details already listed above

Body Armor

Fortitude (4 Socket Armor/Weapons) (Ladder-Only)
Rune order: El - Sol - Dol - Lo
Fortitude is the armor to go with for melee combat. It provides a great deal of increased damage, good resistances, and a good chunk of defense.

Chains of Honor (4 Socket Armor)
Rune order: Dol - Um - Ber - Ist
Chains of Honor doesn't offer as much defense and damage compared to Fortitude, but it offers much more resistances compared to the latter, it also offers 2 to all skills, Strength, and better damage reduction.

Boots

Gore Rider
Gore Rider are a pair of Unique War Boots that offers better defense than Sandstorm Trek. It also increases run/walk speed as well as chance of crushing blow, open wounds, and deadly strike.

Sandstorm Trek
Sandstorm Trek are a pair of Unique Scarabshell Boots that have a good deal of stats that come with it. It adds to your health and stamina, run/walk speed, Strength, faster hit recovery, and your poison resistance. Another cool thing is that they repair themselves, so getting an Ethereal pair of these would be better for their higher base defense and lesser Strength requirement.

Belt

Verdungo's Hearty Cord
This item is a Unique Mithril Coil and all-around nice belt. Good health, faster hit recovery, defense, and damage reduction boost. I love this belt so much I wouldn't replace it. ^^

String of Ears
String of Ears is a Unique Demonhide Sash that can be considered the poor man's version of Verdungo's Hearty Cord. This is only because of the lesser damage reduction. Another nice stat this belt has is the life steal.

Thundergod's Vigor
A Unique War Belt that some neat extra health, Strength, defense, lightning absorb and maximum lightning resistance. (Good to use when facing Uber Mephisto, even better when paired with a Wisp Projector Ring to increase lightning absorb)

Gloves

* Since this build is purely GM (Good Manner), Dracul's Grasp won't be listed.
Rare or Crafted Gloves with (some of) the following stats:

Strength
Dexterity
Life Steal
% Bonus to Attack Rating or Mana Steal
Increased Attack Speed
Defense

Soul Drainer
Unique Vambraces with both life steal and mana steal.

Amulet

Angelic Wings
This amulet is part of the Angelic Raiment set. Usually paired with one or two Angelic Halo rings. You can also do Angelic Wings, one Angelic Halo, and one Raven Frost. These combinations add a large amount of attack rating.

Highlord's Wrath
A Unique Amulet that brings 1 to all skills, better attack speed, higher chance of deadly strike, and lightning resistance to the table.

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Every stat this Unique Amulet has is useful, the 2 to all skills, the resistance boost, and the 5 to all attributes.

Rings

Angelic Halo
See Angelic Wings for details.

Raven Frost
Nice Dexterity, attack rating, and that cannot be frozen stat. Very good ring.

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band Ring
1 to all skills and added life. It's always great to have on you.

Inventory

Hellfire Torch
A Unique Large Charm. One with 3 to Paladin skill levels is highly recommend. Boosts attributes and resistances.

Annihilus
Unique Small Charm. Just like the Hellfire Torch, it increases attributes and resistances. Also adds 1 to all skills and augments experience gained.

Charms that add Poison Damage, Maximum Damage, or Attack Rating.

Fine Small Charm of Vita (Only if you’re really freaking rich)
Get 37 of these. They increase your attack rating, maximum damage, and health all at the same time.

How to Play a Shockadin

There's two ways to play a Shockadin. One, is to run around and let Holy Shock and Conviction do all the work. I have people seen people play Auradins and Dragon Paladins this way. But it’s better to just use Zeal.
The second way to play a Shockadin is the same way you would play a Zealer, Charge then Zeal.

That is my Shockadin build. Any constructive criticism or suggestions would be much appreciated for when I post more builds.

Gold: 1,490.00
Nov 20 2016 11:42am
Looks good, but recently I made one too (but for pvm, for pvp this char sucks...)

All in all decent guide, missing some more information about this fun character. Also Sacrifice SHOULD ALWAYS be maxed (better to have 20 sacr 1 zeal rest HS then 1 sacr 20 zeal and rest in HS)

About weapon: Only viable options are grief pb and eth death ba.
Botd u can use too ofc, but its worse then the 2 above. Beast and phoenix are just horrible (gl rep it every run orso), phoenix can be made in Pb too (wich is a must imho), but then the damage will be weak af
For pvp u can go for grief ba too. But beast+phoenix just suck as main weapon.

Also u should NOT use coh, ur res is already capped, enigma is better here. For pvp u want teleport, but even without the tele eni is better (huge str, life, frw)

The amu should be hl in most of the time. The 1 skill isnt better then the ds and needed ias.

About inv: I guess pcomb skillers are better then atleast psn dmg scs. Pcomb boost zeal AND hs.

This char is GREAT for pvm, but for pvp is rly sucks (yeah, I tried pvping with it^^)

Tl;dr Decent guide, some wrong/missed information(about bps, some gear, pictures etc).. but this char is crap in pvp anyway, every char (except some shapers and maybe bowas) will beat you.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=75068438&f=87 < heres mine guide for pvm

Also I guess for pvp holy fire is better tho.

I rly get confused either its a pvm or pvp guide, since ur talming about life leech :unsure:

This post was edited by Klaasje123 on Nov 20 2016 11:45am
Gold: 1,750.00
Nov 20 2016 11:48am
First, life tap is not BM. But if you bring this subject, is this pvp char? Because the only armour for pvp char is enigma.
Gold: 3,854.69
Nov 20 2016 02:30pm
Quote (ostracizedones @ Nov 20 2016 05:03pm)

[stuff]
* Since this build is purely GM (Good Manner), Dracul's Grasp won't be listed.

wait
you mean this is for pvp?
a zealer, and without eni? :huh:
Gold: 40.31
Nov 20 2016 03:40pm
Yeah there are things that are missing because I wanted to simplify the guide. Next time I'll do more research and add/replace things. I originally intended for this char to be PVP. I've had fun in melee duels with it, but WW Barbs are really difficult to deal with.

I thought life tap to be BM because it's kinda like a rejuv in the way it heals.

The thing about Enigma is that I underestimate how useful it can be for melee characters, also I always associate it automatically with non-sorceress caster builds.

Thanks guys! This is very helpful. :D
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll