d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev1428429430431432528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Jun 8 2021 08:47pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jun 8 2021 08:50pm)
There's a joke about incels here somewhere.

Now there is
Gold: 8,000.00
Jun 10 2021 10:45pm
what happened to this section?

it's become a bunch of trolls out trying to troll each other, and Thor joined it when I thought he was sane
Gold: 88.21
Jun 10 2021 10:50pm
Quote (KrWWW @ Jun 10 2021 09:45pm)
what happened to this section?

it's become a bunch of trolls out trying to troll each other, and Thor joined it when I thought he was sane

i blame trump
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 11 2021 07:07am
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/billie-eilish-says-i-love-girls-in-latest-instagram-172920182.html

Culture moves fast. In just a few short decades gays in America went from underground creatures of the night living in constant fear that a pick up truck packed with hill billies would grab them and leave them for dead tied to a fence in the desert to complaining that corporate sponsorship of their entire ideology is only to sell them products, and that people cosplay as them ("queerbaiting") for cultural acceptance.

Welcome to America gays, Welcome to acceptance. Those white Christian middle america citizens u grew up wishing u could pass as have had corporations pandering to them, people adopting their style, and their motif was seen as so accepted it bordered in bland but was still emulated. Welcome to your end gay-m.
Gold: 57.00
Jun 11 2021 07:29am
Quote (thesnipa @ 11 Jun 2021 09:07)
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/billie-eilish-says-i-love-girls-in-latest-instagram-172920182.html

Culture moves fast. In just a few short decades gays in America went from underground creatures of the night living in constant fear that a pick up truck packed with hill billies would grab them and leave them for dead tied to a fence in the desert to complaining that corporate sponsorship of their entire ideology is only to sell them products, and that people cosplay as them ("queerbaiting") for cultural acceptance.

Welcome to America gays, Welcome to acceptance. Those white Christian middle america citizens u grew up wishing u could pass as have had corporations pandering to them, people adopting their style, and their motif was seen as so accepted it bordered in bland but was still emulated. Welcome to your end gay-m.

lol at the “cosplay” and “queerbaiting” accusations when gender identity and sexual orientation are fluid

combo of lgbt pride being fully corporatized and social media spamming it like a trend going out of style are signs of expansive social acceptance in America.

Jun 11 2021 08:44am
Quote (excellence @ Jun 11 2021 08:29am)
lol at the “cosplay” and “queerbaiting” accusations when gender identity and sexual orientation are fluid

combo of lgbt pride being fully corporatized and social media spamming it like a trend going out of style are signs of expansive social acceptance in America.

https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/11-60b776c62fe05__700.jpg

https://i.redd.it/m251mk0xhr731.jpg

gays, and to be fair almost ALL minority groups that have been oppressed, want selective acceptance but wont dare say it.

they want to be treated as if they've assimilated into the predominant culture while maintaining individuality for their group AND maintain the "cool" counter culture vibe they had pre-acceptance.

just one more reason asians are the master race, they skipped this step, pulled on their boot cut khakis, and found niches in existing highly demanded businesses. even Americanized their own cuisine to market it towards pale faced idiots who want everything served with a side of ketchup. i learned this at a tender age, when i was 10 my best friend was 1st gen American with a family who owned a chinese restaurant. id hang out there and seeing them cook food for the family after close that looked nothing like what they served was clear even to my eyes. i had the pleasure of eating uncut yard long beans and sucking meat from the spine of a fish before i could even pronounce moo goo gai pan.
Jun 11 2021 08:54am
Quote (thesnipa @ 11 Jun 2021 10:44)
gays, and to be fair almost ALL minority groups that have been oppressed, want selective acceptance but wont dare say it.

they want to be treated as if they've assimilated into the predominant culture while maintaining individuality for their group AND maintain the "cool" counter culture vibe they had pre-acceptance.

just one more reason asians are the master race, they skipped this step, pulled on their boot cut khakis, and found niches in existing highly demanded businesses. even Americanized their own cuisine to market it towards pale faced idiots who want everything served with a side of ketchup. i learned this at a tender age, when i was 10 my best friend was 1st gen American with a family who owned a chinese restaurant. id hang out there and seeing them cook food for the family after close that looked nothing like what they served was clear even to my eyes. i had the pleasure of eating uncut yard long beans and sucking meat from the spine of a fish before i could even pronounce moo goo gai pan.

yeah hard to argue against that. it's the 'accept me, love me, praise me, but don't you dare borrow anything that i do. thanks for the blonde hair dye btw' mentality which is just bizarre. 'how dare you like ethnic food'. 'how dare you listen to rap or jazz or salsa'. 'how dare you style your hair or dress that way'. always made me laugh growing up and still does now.

bold: ah yes the old 'eat the food the cooks eat'. definitely a great way to really see what other cultures eat for comfort food when you dont have family/close friends that actually cook those dishes.
also a good way to ruin your cholesterol, but theres pills for that :D
Jun 11 2021 08:59am
Quote (excellence @ Jun 11 2021 09:54am)
yeah hard to argue against that. it's the 'accept me, love me, praise me, but don't you dare borrow anything that i do. thanks for the blonde hair dye btw' mentality which is just bizarre. 'how dare you like ethnic food'. 'how dare you listen to rap or jazz or salsa'. 'how dare you style your hair or dress that way'. always made me laugh growing up and still does now.

bold: ah yes the old 'eat the food the cooks eat'. definitely a great way to really see what other cultures eat for comfort food when you dont have family/close friends that actually cook those dishes.
also a good way to ruin your cholesterol, but theres pills for that :D

i was only used to flavor coming from a spice shaker, seeing garlic, peppers, sauces, etc used was eye opening. i got my mom a wok for xmas one year, she said the tall sides didnt get hot and stuff slid down.....
Jun 11 2021 09:15am
Quote (thesnipa @ 11 Jun 2021 10:59)
i was only used to flavor coming from a spice shaker, seeing garlic, peppers, sauces, etc used was eye opening. i got my mom a wok for xmas one year, she said the tall sides didnt get hot and stuff slid down.....

yeah a lot of flavoring methods just freak people out but theyre so useful, especially because small amounts really can elevate simple dishes. fish sauce is great if you can stand the smell (i love it). also anchovy paste and spicy bean paste.

i still eat black beans stewed down with spicy peppers and onions with an egg on top (one of my college/early career dishes i could make a ton of for cheap) and adding small amounts of each of those really make it easy.

americans are getting much better though with flavor profiles, especially american standalone restaurants.

bold: well shes not wrong :lol:
Jun 11 2021 09:24am
Quote (excellence @ Jun 11 2021 10:15am)
yeah a lot of flavoring methods just freak people out but theyre so useful, especially because small amounts really can elevate simple dishes. fish sauce is great if you can stand the smell (i love it). also anchovy paste and spicy bean paste.

i still eat black beans stewed down with spicy peppers and onions with an egg on top (one of my college/early career dishes i could make a ton of for cheap) and adding small amounts of each of those really make it easy.

americans are getting much better though with flavor profiles, especially american standalone restaurants.

bold: well shes not wrong :lol:

ya u can make restaurant quality fried rice with shitty leftovers for like 1$, most people just want a 90 second microwaved version...... fish sauce is indeed amazing, just screw that cap back on tight when done
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1428429430431432528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll