d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev1302303304305306528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Jul 21 2019 08:44pm
Naruto confirmed best anime of all time inspiring the greatest civilian revolution since the civil war. Armed militias of weeaboos descending upon military installations has prompted the miltary to run courses for their soldiers on the enemy they can expect to be facing.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/07/20/area-51-raid-naruto-running-official-military-lessons-meme/

With the idea that running like Naruto would help these prospective people make their way into Area 51, it turns out that the United States military is taking this idea pretty seriously by giving official lessons based on the popular meme.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jul 21 2019 08:47pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jul 21 2019 09:44pm)
Naruto confirmed best anime of all time inspiring the greatest civilian revolution since the civil war. Armed militias of weeaboos descending upon military installations has prompted the miltary to run courses for their soldiers on the enemy they can expect to be facing.

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/07/20/area-51-raid-naruto-running-official-military-lessons-meme/

With the idea that running like Naruto would help these prospective people make their way into Area 51, it turns out that the United States military is taking this idea pretty seriously by giving official lessons based on the popular meme.

Omg the naruto run.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 23 2019 11:42am
https://sports.yahoo.com/bill-supporting-equal-pay-for-uswnt-introduced-in-congress-090006311.html

Two Democratic congresswomen introduced legislation on Tuesday that would block federal funding for the 2026 World Cup — which will be jointly hosted by the United States, Mexico, and Canada — until the 2019 World Cup-winning U.S. women’s national team “are paid fair and equitable wages compared” to the American men.

so I guess Congress solved all the other problems, so it's time to really torpedo the 2026 WC bid. a hero appeared in the comments:

Next, we'll see Congress introducing a bill requiring equal pay for athletes regardless of their athletic ability.
Jul 23 2019 11:52am
Quote (excellence @ Jul 23 2019 12:42pm)
https://sports.yahoo.com/bill-supporting-equal-pay-for-uswnt-introduced-in-congress-090006311.html

so I guess Congress solved all the other problems, so it's time to really torpedo the 2026 WC bid. a hero appeared in the comments:

http://magaimg.net/img/8jb7.png

i think the women should be required to beat a national 16 year old mens team, and if they do they should get equal pay to the men.

should only take 10 or so tries to get it done.
Gold: 107.77
Jul 25 2019 10:04am
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/controversial-big-brother-contestant-makes-racist-rice-pudding-joke-about-asian-houseguest-041331305.html

lol azn rice joke has white people everywhere gasping. one comment: "he said it was a joke, but that's not a joke, it's pure racism".

was it funny, no, it's low hanging fruit. just funny to see the general sensitivity around anything race.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2019 10:16am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 23 2019 01:52pm)
i think the women should be required to beat a national 16 year old mens team, and if they do they should get equal pay to the men.

should only take 10 or so tries to get it done.

I thought the reason female sports teams don't earn as much is simply because people don't watch/spectate their leagues as much as the male leagues? I mean it kinda makes sense. Can't just make up revenue out of the thin air. More audience = more pay. Less audience = less pay.

I could be wrong though, like with many things.
Jul 25 2019 10:23am
Quote (CarsV @ Jul 25 2019 11:16am)
I thought the reason female sports teams don't earn as much is simply because people don't watch/spectate their leagues as much as the male leagues? I mean it kinda makes sense. Can't just make up revenue out of the thin air. More audience = more pay. Less audience = less pay.

I could be wrong though, like with many things.

the women know that, so to skirt it they're trying the "equal pay for equal work". when in reality the women train less hard, run slower, play less minutes with more substitutions, and in some cases (like cross country) have a shorter race. and they can not only not play on the same level as their peers, aka worlds cup mens vs womens teams, they cant play on the level of a highschool mens team. there's nothing equal about the work they do, they're playing the same general game at an entirely different pace.

the same argument comes up in factory work with quotas and performance bonuses. a woman will be mad that a man in her same position with the same amount of time served and worked per day can make more by reaching quotas or even blowing them away. the women isn't doing equal work, it's equal time served. and given the data we have on men vs women and their willingness to take on overtime its regularly not even the same amount of time on the job (aka value to the company).

women try to skirt the viewership numbers for a biased reason, they claim that sexism and misogyny are the reason their sport is watched less. in reality its an inferior product. only in sports like beach volleyball where the women provide a sex factor to the predominately male sports viewing audience is the lower pace and less athleticism accepted. people watch sports to see the highest echelon that's possible, when u have the choice between men and women's soccer it's not a choice at all. the WNBA is a sloppy and slow paced product with only 1-2 women in the entire league capable of making a dunk and only on a breakaway. in the NBA its fast paced, violent at times even, and every person except 1 or less per team can dunk at will.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 25 2019 11:52am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 25 2019 12:23pm)
the women know that, so to skirt it they're trying the "equal pay for equal work". when in reality the women train less hard, run slower, play less minutes with more substitutions, and in some cases (like cross country) have a shorter race. and they can not only not play on the same level as their peers, aka worlds cup mens vs womens teams, they cant play on the level of a highschool mens team. there's nothing equal about the work they do, they're playing the same general game at an entirely different pace.

the same argument comes up in factory work with quotas and performance bonuses. a woman will be mad that a man in her same position with the same amount of time served and worked per day can make more by reaching quotas or even blowing them away. the women isn't doing equal work, it's equal time served. and given the data we have on men vs women and their willingness to take on overtime its regularly not even the same amount of time on the job (aka value to the company).

women try to skirt the viewership numbers for a biased reason, they claim that sexism and misogyny are the reason their sport is watched less. in reality its an inferior product. only in sports like beach volleyball where the women provide a sex factor to the predominately male sports viewing audience is the lower pace and less athleticism accepted. people watch sports to see the highest echelon that's possible, when u have the choice between men and women's soccer it's not a choice at all. the WNBA is a sloppy and slow paced product with only 1-2 women in the entire league capable of making a dunk and only on a breakaway. in the NBA its fast paced, violent at times even, and every person except 1 or less per team can dunk at will.

Ohhh I don't know about this part lol. I literally cannot stomach to watch the NBA. All the players play so slow and with little to no enthusiasm. Probably because even if they "lose", they still "win", as in they still go home with a big salary to a mansion full of hookers. Now college basketball, that's where it's at. The players tend to play like they want it.
Jul 26 2019 09:05am
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-decide-rapper-ap-rocky-charge-030550356.html

the very idea that in 2019 President Donald Trump is shaming the Swedish PM to #FreeA$AP is really a trip. where the fuck are we?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1302303304305306528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll